Twitter: What Zeke feels about Moore as OC

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Moore is the biggest question mark for the 2019 Dallas Cowboys. There is just simply no way anyone outside the organization can have a good read on whether putting him in charge of the offense will make the front office look like geniuses or bums.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Moore is the biggest question mark for the 2019 Dallas Cowboys. There is just simply no way anyone outside the organization can have a good read on whether putting him in charge of the offense will make the front office look like geniuses or bums.
Putting a green horn OC under a HC in his contract year is just a recipe for failure.

Linehan was a surrogate for Garrett's ideology. That is why he lasted so long. Callahan, not so much.

lkelly

Reaction score
Zeke: "Hand it off to me every play! (Makes 'feed me' gesture, spittle running down beard.)"
Witten: "I'm wide open 3 yards down the field on a stop route. Who cares if it is 3rd and 15?"
Rico: "I know I'm inactive, but damn I look good over here on the sidelines and I can box out anyone around me."
Pollard: "I'm basically Kamara, only poorer. Have you seen how good he is?"
Austin: "I average a half yard more than Witten's 3 yard catches on every end around. Why go away from it?"
Lawrence and Crawford and Vander Esch: "Dude. Boise. Goal line formation, hand off to me! (Group bro hug.)"

Moore: "Just tell me what to do, Jerry."

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Putting a green horn OC under a HC in his contract year is just a recipe for failure.

Linehan was a surrogate for Garrett's ideology. That is why he lasted so long. Callahan, not so much.

Believe me, I've had similar misgivings. I'm hoping Garrett is wise enough and smart enough to realize what his limitations have been and listens to Moore if he really wants to save his position with Dallas. This is something that should be of interest to all of us this year. It should make for a pretty intriguing goings-on, in any event. If JG sees fit to thwart Moore in his attempts, he could end up cutting his own throat in the process. We'll see.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
......until Garrett reminds him whose offense he is running and who the HC is.
So, Linnehan was never a problem?

And, really, this “Garrett’s offense” thing is overblown. He hasn’t created something highly unusual or that is notably different than other teams have run, he’s just been a little more vanilla and the play calling has been a bit too predictable. Adding a few shifts and misdirections will make a lot of difference, as will less predictability.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So, Linnehan was never a problem?

And, really, this “Garrett’s offense” thing is overblown. He hasn’t created something highly unusual or that is notably different than other teams have run, he’s just been a little more vanilla and the play calling has been a bit too predictable. Adding a few shifts and misdirections will make a lot of difference, as will less predictability.

Probably so, if Kellen has the "sand" to be his own man and do what Jerry empowered him to do. I'll be anxious to see if that's so.