Twitter: What Zeke feels about Moore as OC

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We agree Moore will have latitude... whatever latitude his boss grants him... and will be limited to the extent that his boss limits him.

I've said what I've said, and I've cited support for what I said. It stands on its own. Done here. You're welcome to a last word.

Just as every coach has as much latitude as the head coach allows. Why do people treat this as a Cowboy thing. And none of this answers the question of why there is any need to make a judgement now.

Verdict

Reaction score
KM will listen to the players. Oh great, now the lunatics will be running the asylum. :eek: I'm in, just as long as it's entertaining.

They need to make a gag ball for Witten and use it in game day.

_sturt_

Reaction score
If my mom were OC, I'd listen to suggestions too. It's not really the greatest qualification for being an OC.

He's not Linehan and he'll listen to advice. Sounds like a step up.

JoeKing said:
KM will listen to the players. Oh great, now the lunatics will be running the asylum. :eek: I'm in, just as long as it's entertaining.

Not clear to me, either, why we don't just go with player-coaches, since they see what they see and can make game plans up on the fly based on what they see. Game planning is overrated. Following game planning is waaaaaaay overrated.

Less sarcastically, not clear to me exactly what Zeke might see from his perspective that isn't visible to a coach with all of his camera angles and birds eye view from a pressbox.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not clear to me, either, why we don't just go with player-coaches, since they see what they see and can make game plans up on the fly based on what they see. Game planning is overrated. Following game planning is waaaaaaay overrated.

Less sarcastically, not clear to me exactly what Zeke might see from his perspective that isn't visible to a coach with all of his camera angles and birds eye view from a pressbox.
Yeah because that's a tried a true way to get the upper hand in a game. :rolleyes:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

It's always better to ignore the guy on the shop floor. What could be possibly know that could be useful for management? He's paid to do, not to think.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I'd put it this way.

There's a reason why there are engineers, and there's a reason why there are plant workers.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

If the engineers are able to monitor all of the plant workers' movements, there is indeed, no actual reason to interact with the plant workers. They see what's going on for themselves, and if some practices/processes aren't as efficient as they could be or ought to be, then it's their job by virtue of all of their previous studies to fix it.

And there's nothing wrong with that. It's as it should be.

Scotman

Reaction score
Our play calling has been very reminiscent of Larry Allen's train whistle story....without the generational talent and impeccable execution.

We basically telegraph to the opposing teams where we are going to go and what we are going to do and then dare them to stop us. All Moore needs to do is have the defense guessing what we are going to run and he will be an improvement over SL.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another post, With Linehan, I couldn't really tell if it was Linehan's play calling or Garrett's play calling (with Linehan relaying Garrett's message). I remember how Linehan did in Detroit as their head coach so there is no telling... With Moore, we don't know what we have as this would be his first year as OC. If we see "Garrett" type plays, we'll know what Linehan's real role was last year (being solely a messenger).

There is a lot of dislike for JG the HC BUT he was a good OC. His teams averaged nearly 26 points/game while he was the OC in Dallas. He did have clock management issues and some issues late in games without a doubt but there was nothing bad about his play calling. If Moore is that good, I'm good with that. If we can score 26 points/game I'm good with that too

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
There is a lot of dislike for JG the HC BUT he was a good OC. His teams averaged nearly 26 points/game while he was the OC in Dallas. He did have clock management issues and some issues late in games without a doubt but there was nothing bad about his play calling. If Moore is that good, I'm good with that. If we can score 26 points/game I'm good with that too

I couldn't agree more... Personally, I thought he was an awesome OC. Not so much as HC... My point in my comment wasn't meant to say that Garrett was/is a bad play caller. As I said, I remember how Linehan was in Detroit... I think Linehan sunk his own ship with the Cowboys...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I can only hope that Moore is given autonomy over the offensive scheme and playcalling so we can truly see what he is as an OC. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Linehan's biggest impediment was Garett
I wouldn't either, but if that's the case, then why should we think JG wouldn't be an impediment for Moore too?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
His offense was good for exactly 13 games in 2007. In 2008 and 2009, they averaged 22.6 points.

Week 15 against Philly was when it became clear that there was enough tape for opponents to know Dallas' tendencies, and JG hasn't been able to adjust since.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
His offense was good for exactly 13 games in 2007. In 2008 and 2009, they averaged 22.6 points.

Week 15 against Philly was when it became clear that there was enough tape for opponents to know Dallas' tendencies, and JG hasn't been able to adjust since.

Ok, I stand corrected lol

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I wouldn't either, but if that's the case, then why should we think JG wouldn't be an impediment for Moore too?
J-E-R-R-Y
The messaging coming from Garrett and the FO was not in sync at the end of last season. Jerry's version seems to have taken shape.