What's everyone's take on MM's first year?

stiletto

Reaction score
I can't say enough how much of a "worthless toad" I thought he was this season....extremely disappointed.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Numerous key injuries prevented the offense from ever reaching its full potential, & a defensive scheme change during a pandemic proved to be a mistake.

The man was given a raw deal from the get go, 2020!

stiletto

Reaction score
Is this a joke?

We saw what Jason Garrett was without his quarterback - let alone his entire offensive line.

Yeah that's overboard, I have to see a year without a complete injury disaster to our offense and hopefully some better defensive players but HE DID make enough bone-headed decisions to cover at least 4-5 Garrett years. LOL

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yeah that's overboard, I have to see a year without a complete injury disaster to our offense and hopefully some better defensive players but HE DID make enough bone-headed decisions to cover at least 4-5 Garrett years. LOL
Not really.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was in an impossible position as a new coach during a pandemic year. He didn't know the personnel and didn't have much of a chance in the off season to get his feet under him. I think he now knows what he has and the offseason moves should be interesting.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Good to se you brother Ron hope you doing a fine
As for MM he in't that great..wrong hire to start with but he is a yes man which is fine for JJ

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Really disappointing. I have no confidence we will be successful with him. Reasons:

1) Poor game management
2) Doesn't seem to be a great communicator
3) Has had to resort to stunts (water melons) for players to warm to him
4) Came in with a theory about what scheme he wanted to run on DEF and then abandoned this after one year, probably to keep ownership happy.
5) Has he the ability to evaluate his 53 and push for changes if needed?(Jaylon). Suspect not
6) Poor management of running game in terms of allocation of carries. Pollard should have got more than he did first 8 weeks of the season
7) Can't actually work out what he does well.

Probably other points but that's just without any real thought
agree with all that, and refused to get rid of nolan or make him change back to simpler scheme until end of season.
I also didnt like what he said at end of season, that they he had built a strong foundation lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Talk about the worst possible situation to walk into! No offseason to implement anything. I mean no off season camps/training camp/preseason games or anything. Clearly it impacted the 2020 season more than expected. Then to lose so many players to injury. Add it up and the season was doomed. None of that was McCarthy's fault.

Teams with new coaching staffs made the playoffs..

This is also a team that was thought to be able to win now and we were terrible out of the gate.

Plua his in game management was beyond awful and had nothing to do with a lack of a offseason.

Vandyr

Reaction score
I'm more disappointed in whoever was calling plays on offense than MM, to be honest. That vanilla "run up the middle every time" offense looked exactly the same as it did during Garrett's tenure.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm not Moore offense had 9 OL changes though out the season most of the starters gone! , back up and 3rd sting players along the OL. Starting QB gone!, Dallas would use a total of 4 QB within the season. I'm sorry I don't think many teams are going to do jack when faced with this.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
this was a lost season for a lot of reasons. I'll give McCarthy a
What's everyone's take on MM's first year? I'm not sold on him personally, he made some boneheaded decisions for someone that's been a HC as long as he has...IMO

It was MEH! Considering all factors I'll give him next year to get the team turned around but he's gonna need to add talent from the draft and FA and not sure there will be much cash left after Dak gets paid.

JayFord

Reaction score
Not enough to grade

You lose an entire offensive line and your qb and have starters on defense miss multiple games

I cant give him anything other than a wait and see approach still

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I would prefer he go back to his mommys basement and play pretend coach.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Blah, blah, injuries and pandemic like every other team in the league. There were multiple decisions in his control that he completely screwed up.