What's everyone's take on MM's first year?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboy_ron, Jan 12, 2021 at 7:43 AM.

1. robertfchew

robertfchew Well-Known Member

1,276 Messages
    852 Likes Received
    He gets one more year. If it doesn't get dramatically better then bye and we have to go with someone new and no not Kellen Moore.

75boyz likes this.
  2. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

12,667 Messages
    18,165 Likes Received
    Nice to see a solid post talking football without trying to push an agenda, beat your chest about being right, or passive aggressively mocking others. You should post more often.

3. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Well-Known Member

5,993 Messages
    4,876 Likes Received
    :hammer:He had a bad start and there were no real improvements in his game time coaching that I could see. Your going to need more than busting a watermelon to motivate players. Just sad. The non challenge against the NYG was the icing on the cake as to just how he's been lost in the game throughout the season. Early on in the season, the timing on fake punts and other decisions were atrocious as well. An exceptional HC would have taken charge with the worst D in the league. He looked just like a puppet on the sidelines and each week we got more of the same. Honestly JG made better game time coaching decisions towards the end of his career.

75boyz likes this.
  4. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Well-Known Member

5,993 Messages
    4,876 Likes Received
    This. Rivera just could not get himself to cry with Jerry during his interview and is no puppet. He's a no nonsense guy. He would have suited up to play LB just to give the others an example of how to play the position. The Wash team is going to be set for a while.

Hadenough, 75boyz and IceStarD54 like this.
  5. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

5,287 Messages
    6,933 Likes Received
    He has to do a complete turnaround on gametime decisions. Way too many ridiculous gambles and fakes. And they sucked at it on top of it. Team needs to be much smarter moving forward.

75boyz and Jack Burton like this.
  6. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

14,343 Messages
    14,217 Likes Received
    He did an amazing job, considering Garrett destroyed the cowboys culture for 10 years .

7. Havic

Havic Well-Known Member

307 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    He did OK with what he had to work with + Covid. He made alot of dumb in game decisions trying to find a spark and to get an edge. I dont blame him for it, but next season he has to show improvement or he should be shown the door.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021 at 6:25 PM
  8. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

2,920 Messages
    1,922 Likes Received
    pretty much sums it up. total failure.

Swagger, 75boyz and Jack Burton like this.
  9. Techsass

Techsass Well-Known Member

3,052 Messages
    3,954 Likes Received
    I've worked with managers that just observe when they come in that turned out OK. That usually only lasts about a month or so, though.

My original thought was that he was letting Kellen do his thing, but would eventually take over. I also thought we were actively tanking, albeit a little more subtly than Philly, with some of the crazy decisions that were made. I'm still clinging to the hope that this might be the case, but I have my doubts.

I'm OK with keeping him for next season, but I don't know what his overall plan is yet. If we don't see a sea change, then I think he was the wrong hire.

There were 16 teams that that had 7 or less wins this season BTW.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021 at 7:43 PM
  10. GINeric

GINeric Member

87 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Did he have as many injuries as MM's squad too??? I'll wait...

11. GINeric

GINeric Member

87 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Only a coward would say some dumb **** like "ok Mrs. McCarthy". Go sit your weak *** down somewhere RuPaul.

12. Starforever

Starforever Well-Known Member

3,080 Messages
    1,862 Likes Received
    O'Deurs de Cowboys, where can I get a bottle?

13. Swagger

Swagger Well-Known Member

2,678 Messages
    2,788 Likes Received
    Incompetent

75boyz likes this.
  14. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

15,408 Messages
    20,386 Likes Received
    If you need excuses, Jerry has 25 years worth of them.

Darn our luck!

15. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

12,591 Messages
    18,500 Likes Received
    Terrible start but the team made adjustments constantly and found a way to be competitive. His use of "analytics" and challenges was laughably bad. He made some horrible decisions. I knew he'd get another year and the deck was stacked against him this year. I will hope for a better showing next season but if he would've been replaced I'd have been fine.

16. 32BellyOption

32BellyOption Well-Known Member

1,288 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    I’d give him an incomplete. I don’t think it’s fair to judge the guy since he didn’t have the luxury of mini camps or pre season games to teach and install his systems and get to know his personnel. Add to that the depleted offensive line and no Dak and I’m not sure how anyone could fairly judge his performance.

17. Londonboy

Londonboy Well-Known Member

3,848 Messages
    8,709 Likes Received
    Add a soupcon of sweaty jocks and Y'all nailed it.

Jipper likes this.
  18. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

8,649 Messages
    7,145 Likes Received
    It was bad.

From boneheaded coaching decisions to bad staff decisions, to not leaving a discernable thumbprint of what his style is on the team.

Just bad but I was onboard with giving him another season.

19. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

6,150 Messages
    2,332 Likes Received
    He made a lot of money. So i think it was a great year for him

He will try to stay for another year.

Did the Jersey sale numbers climb up ?
    If so JJ will be all for having him for another year too.

Manster_Mash likes this.
  20. GINeric

GINeric Member

87 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Its not excuses, its a good question and reality. We weren't talking about Jerry and 25 years, I asked did that coach's team suffer as many injuries as MM team did this year?