What's taking so long?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Offense seemed to be just fine at the end of the yr. The problem started to be teams were scoring on the defense.
on defense our weak area is the interior line and safety. We address that, we will be fine. The bigger need is a qualified OC and QB coach. Guess Im ok with Kitna, but Kellen Moore? MY LORD. Cant help but wonder if this is a smoke screen,which is why he isn't made it official. Could we be looking at someone on the Pats or Rams staff?

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
If Kellen Moore is your guy, announce it already. What's up with the wait?

Or could there be something else going on here?

Listen young man, you dont rush a nice glass of blue label. Let Jerry have at it and get back to you when sober.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
on defense our weak area is the interior line and safety. We address that, we will be fine. The bigger need is a qualified OC and QB coach. Guess Im ok with Kitna, but Kellen Moore? MY LORD. Cant help but wonder if this is a smoke screen,which is why he isn't made it official. Could we be looking at someone on the Pats or Rams staff?

Because 2 teams were able to rush for over 100 yrds on the cowboys? Why couldnt the other 16 teams they played this yr do it? Overreaction much?

Apparently the NFL circle is more high on him then we are. And you know that circle includes coaches and GMs I dont want to see Moore as OC but what am i gonna do? Who am i to say he is unqualified? He impressed the hell out of Gruden on his knowlege before he was in the NFL.

I had hoped for the somebody on them staffs but Jerry basically confirmed a inside hire as he said he liked what dallas had inhouse

nobody

Reaction score
Maybe the contract states: "By signing this contract, you agree to be the scapegoat if things go wrong and can't speak up about it." That would sure make me balk

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
True, but to be fair, the Cowboys just recently exited the playoffs where most of those other teams had their seasons end weeks ago.

The Cowboys were likely thinking that if they made it to the championship game or higher that they would keep the staff. Because they lost in the divisional round, that led to re-evaluating the coaching staff which is probably why Garrett said he did not expect many changes to it.

In any case, the Cowboys know exactly what they have in Moore so they know if they want to promote and/or keep him or look elsewhere first.

Given the staleness of our offensive scheme for the last few years, it is a smart move for them to at least consider their options. It very well may turn out that they like and appreciate Moore even more after interviewing other candidates, but they may also realize Moore has a lot to learn as well. Interviewing other candidates is the best way for them to answer that and other questions they may have.
That is very well stated, and sums up the entire evaluation process in a nut shell.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty obviously, they were waiting to see how the probowl went on this one. And why not?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL .... blind homers .. that’s rich ,
So what you are saying is the name / hire is more important to legitimacy vs substance ?

Don’t confuse what I’m saying with supportive of any oc candidate being mentioned .. I am simply scoffing at the notion they would make decisions based on your or I’s (or any fans) opinion ..

Let’s be honest .. fan opinion / interest does not influence ownerships decisions as greatly as you seem to think .. even in down markets like where I am at (Tampa) the stadium still fills up and sells out .. fair weather fans squawk at what the Glazers do and don’t do but they still buy the merchandise and attend games

A couple of idiots complaining about things they don’t understand anonymously on the internet has zero impact on team decisions like these. You’re right to scoff.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
team isn't the issue. The staff on offense is.
I laughed, but I only laughed at how obvious this is, not because you posted the obvious, but because this shouldn't be difficult to understand.
I really doubt if Garrett has any influence at all on the defensive side, he would probably get laughed out of the room, or Richard might just punch him in his extended forehead.
Garretts boy was Lineham, and now Lineham is gone,, the final scapegoat for Garrett has left the building.
Jerry gave Garrett what he preferred, and it was a total failure, so now Jerry is probably promoting who should of had the job in the first place in Moore.
I would have loved to have seen a Gruden interview of Lineham and then an interview of Moore, what a breakdown that would have been.