What's the Mood today?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by john van brocklin, Sep 10, 2021.

1. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

3,374 Messages
    4,151 Likes Received
    Satisfied. Games over. Its fini. We lost, but nothing to be ashamed of......except maybe the posters in the game thread.

Holy Crap! I've never seen so much complaining and bellyaching about what might happen.
    First quarter and the micro-managers are having conniption fits at every little detail.
    Calling for players to be cut at half time SMDH.
    One player on the defense has a bad play and the world's ending!
    Gregory gets a fumble and the world is saved!
    Go take your bipolar meds and move on.
    Four pages of "Jarwin missed a block" like 25 million blind people were watching a nationally televised game.

The game lived up to expectations.
    The fans have a lot of work to do (IMHO).

Fuzzee, john van brocklin and Furboy like this.
  2. HeavyBarrel

HeavyBarrel Well-Known Member

6,082 Messages
    5,539 Likes Received
    I’m ashamed to admit this but if moral victories really exist in the NFL, this might be one I’ll take lol

john van brocklin and Furboy like this.
  3. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

9,555 Messages
    31,004 Likes Received
    One game is a very small sample size. In fact its 1/17th of the season. Proud of Dak and the team effort.

We clearly should have won that game. It was practically gift wrapped for us with all the TOs. Defense has a very long way to go. Offense was very good until the red zone. Lots of similar problems from last year.

john van brocklin and Furboy like this.
  4. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Well-Known Member

986 Messages
    678 Likes Received

i was expecting them to get blown out, so im happy that did not happen, but we need to fix our GCG blocking, Williams has never been good at the point of attack, better zone blocker. McGovern looked great should start over williams IMO. Beadish (SP?) got no push in running game. (also did not help that TB has on DLINE a 320, 350, 300 and 280 LB stopping the run.) I hope better next game.

CB (Brown / Lewis) Both suck IMO, we need to be calling all corners on the couch and bringing them in. we need a solid #2 move Brown and Lewis down the depth chart. Wouldn't mind seeing Canaday in but i never saw practice so do not have alot to go on.

Safety, actually looked OK but who knows with Brown getting beat like a drum we must have had blown coverage on his side from safety. i need to watch all 22 next week and see.

Passing game looked amazing - CD drops, Hope MG is going to be ok we need him out there for the deep ball.

john van brocklin likes this.
  5. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

12,747 Messages
    9,278 Likes Received
    Yummmm

gp_cowpolk and Furboy like this.
  6. john van brocklin

12,747 Messages
    9,278 Likes Received
    Lol

gp_cowpolk and Furboy like this.
  7. john van brocklin

12,747 Messages
    9,278 Likes Received
    Exactly!

Hawkeye19 and Furboy like this.
  8. RonWashington

RonWashington Well-Known Member

1,133 Messages
    1,063 Likes Received

Mood ? In a 17 game season to even hope for a home playoff game which could be a springboard to going further ( Conf championship game in Tampa ) you can only lose at most 7 games . So with 16 games left have to go 10-6.

Tall order let’s see. WFT remember them , Ron Rivera’s gang will not be a cakewalk to take the division from, every loss is crucial .

9. john van brocklin

12,747 Messages
    9,278 Likes Received
    Would you rather lose a close game or
    Get blown out?
    There is more than just did you win or lose.
    The overall improvement in this team from last year
    Gives me hope for better days in the future

Reid1boys and Furboy like this.
  10. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

20,713 Messages
    22,467 Likes Received
    Agreed, we deserved to win, but unfortunately things didn't quite go our way on the last Bucs drive.

11. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

20,713 Messages
    22,467 Likes Received
    I guess blowouts give them more to complain about. So there's that. Kinda hard to go after their favourite whipping boy when even Tom Brady says he was great.

12. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

4,649 Messages
    4,026 Likes Received
    We went up against last years number 1 run defense and we were moving the ball the entire game. IM guessing we had 4 punts? On 2 of those drives we had holding penalties that stalled those drives, including 2 holding penalties on the final drive that cost us the game. I will be at the Chargers game next weekend and I am stoked. Cant wait.

13. SacredStar

SacredStar Well-Known Member

3,705 Messages
    1,032 Likes Received
    I used to let losses bother me, then I grew up. :)

Despite the loss, I enjoyed the game thoroughly. That was a great game. My mood is excited.

14. john van brocklin

12,747 Messages
    9,278 Likes Received
    Cheer loudly and enjoy yourself!

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  15. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan Zone Supporter

40,655 Messages
    14,438 Likes Received
    My mood is that I cannot wait for the next game.

john van brocklin and Reid1boys like this.
  16. Dallasfann

Dallasfann Well-Known Member

1,624 Messages
    2,315 Likes Received
    Man what's it like to be so full of it. You had the Cowboys getting destroyed last night. They lose by a last second field goal to the defending champs and you are all "what I expected" go sit down.

Reid1boys likes this.
  17. Reid1boys

4,649 Messages
    4,026 Likes Received
    Randy is the only pro athlete Ive ever met outside of the game. Im not talking about shaking hands and walking away, but sitting at a table for 5 hours, watching and talking football and having drinks. He was awesome and Im very happy he is back on the field.

18. johneric8

johneric8 Well-Known Member

1,742 Messages
    2,622 Likes Received
    If the defense did their job that last drive then dak did win the game... what are you smoking man? Are you actually coming here with that nonsense?

19. Reid1boys

4,649 Messages
    4,026 Likes Received
    I might have to go back over the next 2 days and copy all those posters that were saying we were gonna get crushed and Dak was gonna suck because he didnt take a snap in preseason, copy those posts and then past them into these comments of this is what they thought was gonna happen.......lol

Dallasfann likes this.
  20. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan Zone Supporter

40,655 Messages
    14,438 Likes Received
    Gregory?
    I am sure he is a nice guy.
    He is also just an average NFL DE who disappears when we need him.