1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

What's the obsession with Dak Prescott's contract?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboyny, May 22, 2020 at 11:11 PM.

1. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

991 Messages
    1,139 Likes Received
    I see multiple new threads everyday about the same subject matter-Dak Prescott's contract. The National media seem as obsessed as many on this board. There isn't much to debate:

-Ownership has come out and stated Dak Prescott is their franchise QB. He is under contract, team wants to sign him long-term and will not rescind the offer sheet under any circumstance.

-The likes of Goff/Wentz in his QB Class signed long-term extensions. Dak has arguable been as good if not better then the both of them. He will sign a market level contract. Many fans forget the post Aikman years at the position. It's quite comical that many have suggested they rather have Andy Dalton as the team's starting QB.

-Dak team's have accomplished the same level as did Romo, divisional rd of the playoffs. Both QB's have played on talented teams, but haven't been able to breakthrough. Perhaps having an average Head Coach has played a role in their lack of success.

2. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

24,715 Messages
    64,259 Likes Received
    Idiots worrying about another man's money. We have a lot more important things to worry about right now, but some choose to worry about something that they can't control! Makes me laugh!

3. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

19,339 Messages
    21,518 Likes Received
    No, sorry, that's not it at all.

shabazz, Cowfan75, Kevinicus and 4 others like this.
  4. Ranching

24,715 Messages
    64,259 Likes Received
    What is it? What can we control?

snapper and Kwyn like this.
  5. Ranching

24,715 Messages
    64,259 Likes Received
    Enlighten us...what is the issue? You dont like him, he wants too much, he's not good enough? What can you control that we can't?

roughneck266, Kwyn and cowboyec like this.
  6. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

9,303 Messages
    8,667 Likes Received
    There are a lot of flat-out losers who can’t stand to see Dak succeed. They’ve decided they don’t like the guy and that’s that.

These are people who lead terrible, depressing lives who would rather wallow in their misery.

They know who they are. Dak owns them. They’re inferior little runts in the game of life.
    :laugh:

7. Qcard

Qcard Well-Known Member

1,663 Messages
    1,566 Likes Received
    Because common sense isn't click bait and Dak Haters are deplorable

8. Ranching

24,715 Messages
    64,259 Likes Received
    Hello?

9. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

13,135 Messages
    11,212 Likes Received
    That's what we do here. Talk about things we can't control.

Is this the first that has occurred to you?

Cowfan75, Reid1boys, Dhragon and 6 others like this.
  10. Ranching

24,715 Messages
    64,259 Likes Received
    No, just gets tiresome. These guys have talked crap on Dak more than I ever said Garrett Sucks!

Aven8, CowboyRoy, TheHerd and 2 others like this.
  11. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

13,135 Messages
    11,212 Likes Received
    Fair enough. I won't argue with the tiresome part. I'm tired of hearing about "Dak's" record, like the other 52 players on the roster are just cheerleaders on the sidelines. It's just dumb. Boring. *Tiresome*.

roughneck266, Ranching, Jake and 3 others like this.
  12. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

5,512 Messages
    6,400 Likes Received
    let me guess, you're the guy riding down the road with a mask on in your truck by yourself. lmao

PAPPYDOG, morat1959, Cowfan75 and 4 others like this.
  13. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

4,047 Messages
    15,759 Likes Received
    I could tell you but not here, in 2 hours meet me at the corner of 3rd and long, come alone or the deal's off:laugh:

Jake and NotForLong like this.
  14. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    5,831 Likes Received
    One thing I see on here a lot more here lately that irritates me...The constant labeling everyone either a “Dak hate” or “Dak lover”
    Not to mention the general overuse of the terms “hate” and “love”...
    Why does it have to be so polarizing? We can disagree on our assessments of Daks(or any other player) abilities and still respect the other persons opinion. I like coming here for rational discussions and others opinions but if I want a bunch of inflammatory rhetoric I can go find a political site. To those of you that think Dak is garbage, I disagree but also I respect your opinions and see a lot of the points you make....but I’m not labeling you “haters” because that would demean your position on the issue. If I have ever done that then I apologize and will not do so in the future. Likewise on other discussions and other players. Rant off

Ps..I love you guys. :)

roughneck266, Dhragon, Iago33 and 5 others like this.
  15. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Because “hate” is the most appropriate word for some of them. Not all, but certainly some.

I have no issue with anyone who wants to talk football. Argue about his performance all day long. More power to them

I love you too :)

Hennessy_King and ghst187 like this.
  16. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

7,942 Messages
    11,167 Likes Received
    Your immaturity is for laughter.
    FYI it concerns us as its a Cap league and a large % of us have serious doubts that Dak is the one.
    Now GL and back to playtime bud....

morat1959, shabazz, Swagger and 4 others like this.
  17. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

19,895 Messages
    22,381 Likes Received
    Looks like I won the over 80 on new Dak threads posted last week :thumbup:

Anyways, I am a firm believer in capitalism and whatever Dak thinks he can make, go for it. If someone is willing to pay a steep price, take it. This in no way deciphers my thoughts on the contract but get what you can when you can :grin:

FWIW, he isn’t worth that kind of coin but no QB is really, the market is set. I wouldn’t pay that much but I can’t blame him for taking advantage of said market.

Oh, this applies to any player, I would do the same....

18. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

9,679 Messages
    16,573 Likes Received
    Most you can probably take with a grain of salt. They're the same poster yelling bench him after every interception.

19. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,199 Messages
    11,760 Likes Received
    Just become you don’t have your boy Garrett to hate on anymore doesn’t give you the right to take take away another mans hatred or disdain for a player.

Your little world is back to normal, like mine would be if Zeke was trades tomorrow, but some of us still have unresolved issues.

Enjoy your weekend Ranch :p

20. aria

aria Well-Known Member

12,199 Messages
    11,760 Likes Received
    Wow, this would be close. I wonder if any of them have been threatened to be benched if they kept hating on Dak, lol? Hmmmmm....

Ranching likes this.
  21. totheleft

totheleft Well-Known Member

425 Messages
    555 Likes Received
    Needs its own sub forum so all those OCD - DPC people can debate forever the cost, length, worthiness, the paper color, pen used.....

in fact can some adobe flash a DP contract bonanza spin the wheel,
    with dates on that you the obsessed can spin away on and see if your date is the dak pen to paper date...
    head over now to the new sub forum for hours of fun.....

Cowboyny likes this.