What's the obsession with Dak Prescott's contract?

Kaiser

Reaction score
-Goff couldn't even get onto the field until McVay arrived. McVay is considered one of the best offensive minds in the entire league. The Cowboys lost to them cause they were out coached, especially Marinelli. The Rams were gift wrapped a Super Bowl birth due to a blown call. By the way, it was so bad, that they had to change the rule the following year.

And after the Super Bowl where Belichick showed the way to attack McVay's scheme, Goff's QB Rating dropped 10 points even with the offensive weapons he had.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your immaturity is for laughter.
FYI it concerns us as its a Cap league and a large % of us have serious doubts that Dak is the one.
Now GL and back to playtime bud....
I guess the size Six shoe fit you, since you assumed I was talking about you. Lol.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goff went to a Super Bowl and Wentz set up the team for their Super Bowl run so tell me how Dak and his 1-2 career playoff record is better than Goff and Wentz? He's not.
Lol?!!!!!!! Yeah, Marino sucked too!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny how Dak defenders always have to resort to complaining about coaching or defense or air temperature.......Dak was 1-6 last season against playoff teams and led Dallas to ZERO game winning drives.

In his 4 seasons as the starter, he has compiled a 40-24 record....of that Dak has 7 wins and 1 loss against the Commanders & Giants the last 2 seasons, two teams that have absolutely sucked and are in rebuild modes. So outside of those 2 teams, Dak has a 33-23 career record.

Of his stats, the last 2 seasons Dak has amassed the following career stats:

18 wins 14 losses

744 completions 1,122 attempts 66.3% comp. % 52 TD's 19 Int's 8,787 yards

In the last 2 seasons Dak has amassed the following stats against the Commanders & Giants:

7 wins 1 loss

183 completions 267 attempts 68.5% comp. % 22 TD's 2 Int's 2,343 yards

So, when you take away the games against the Commanders & Giants the last 2 seasons Dak has amassed the following stats and record:

11 Wins 13 Losses

561 completions 855 attempts 65.6% comp. % 30 TD's 17 Int's 6,444 yards

Sorry, but simply compiling stats against 2 crappy teams the last 2 seasons and flopping against the rest does not warrant a huge new contract.
Lol!!!! A lot of work for very little substance. You are a vet, you were only as good as your commanding officers. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I think the premise fits in a lot of areas.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Lol!!!! A lot of work for very little substance. You are a vet, you were only as good as your commanding officers. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I think the premise fits in a lot of areas.

Far from the truth as I was as good as I worked myself to be.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I see multiple new threads everyday about the same subject matter-Dak Prescott's contract. The National media seem as obsessed as many on this board. There isn't much to debate:

-Ownership has come out and stated Dak Prescott is their franchise QB. He is under contract, team wants to sign him long-term and will not rescind the offer sheet under any circumstance.

-The likes of Goff/Wentz in his QB Class signed long-term extensions. Dak has arguable been as good if not better then the both of them. He will sign a market level contract. Many fans forget the post Aikman years at the position. It's quite comical that many have suggested they rather have Andy Dalton as the team's starting QB.

-Dak team's have accomplished the same level as did Romo, divisional rd of the playoffs. Both QB's have played on talented teams, but haven't been able to breakthrough. Perhaps having an average Head Coach has played a role in their lack of success.
It’s the same ole miserable people trying to bring others down to their misery. They know nothing else but being miserable.

Rayman70

Reaction score
obsession? MY OBESSION WITH DAKS DEAL IS YOU CANNOT WIN IF YOU DONT HAVE A QB. Its the most important position on the field other than LT/CENTER/SAFETY. Call me crazy...yeah I'M OBSESSED. lol

kskboys

Reaction score
obsession? MY OBESSION WITH DAKS DEAL IS YOU CANNOT WIN IF YOU DONT HAVE A QB. Its the most important position on the field other than LT/CENTER/SAFETY. Call me crazy...yeah I'M OBSESSED. lol
That's how the Rams felt about Goff.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So because there are fans that do not think Dak is worth a big contract that makes them miserable? I call BS on you.
As a Marine I know you Army guys are a little dense so close the mouth and listen closely. I have no issue with an objective fan who isn't always crapping on something Cowboys or Dak saying Dak doesn't deserve a big contract. It's the ones that do nothing but ***** and moan ALL the time that I'm calling miserable. And they are.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
And after the Super Bowl where Belichick showed the way to attack McVay's scheme, Goff's QB Rating dropped 10 points even with the offensive weapons he had.

McVay is considered one of the brightest offensive minds in the league. When he was with Washington, he developed Cousins into a legitimate starting QB. MM has a strong track record of developing QB's. Dak is by no means a finished product, he still has room to grow.

bewp7

Reaction score
sports fans are just bored and going a little crazy with nothing to watch so daks contract is probably the most intersting to talk about right now

:popcorn:

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Yup. That's all we do here. Makes it mindnumbingly......weird to declare that we shouldn't talk about things we can't control. Especially on an NFL team forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But how dare we talk about anything else besides "more important things we have to worry about"! We should all feel guilty for being here and commenting on sports!

kskboys

Reaction score
Good thing Dallas has not overpaid anyone then. :laugh:

How do you know those players weren't allowed to walk or were released for other reasons.
After all, Dallas let Byron Jones walk. Was it for money, he didn't play as they wanted him as to getting interceptions. Combination of both. Teams can't keep every good player. Dallas has managed the cap fairly well the past 3 or 4 years bye not handing out ridiculous contracts.
You can say that about any subject. However, in this case, there are myriad examples of teams having to let some players walk due to paying some a huge pile. Guess if you try really hard you can ignore facts!!!!!!!!!

GMO415

Reaction score
I see multiple new threads everyday about the same subject matter-Dak Prescott's contract. The National media seem as obsessed as many on this board. There isn't much to debate:

-Ownership has come out and stated Dak Prescott is their franchise QB. He is under contract, team wants to sign him long-term and will not rescind the offer sheet under any circumstance.

-The likes of Goff/Wentz in his QB Class signed long-term extensions. Dak has arguable been as good if not better then the both of them. He will sign a market level contract. Many fans forget the post Aikman years at the position. It's quite comical that many have suggested they rather have Andy Dalton as the team's starting QB.

-Dak team's have accomplished the same level as did Romo, divisional rd of the playoffs. Both QB's have played on talented teams, but haven't been able to breakthrough. Perhaps having an average Head Coach has played a role in their lack of success.
Thanks now you added to the nonsense