What's your biggest disappointment so far?

doomsday808

Reaction score
Dak's connection with WR and TE. So, I guess it would be the snake oil of a "Dak friendly" offense. "We don't need a #1 receiver". I bought it!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To me, a "disappointment" is something you expected to be better.

I cannot say that there is any player, coach or concept that I am disappointed about.

There are some nice surprises though, like Byron Jones.
I feel the same. I want to say the skill players outside of Zeke, but there isnt a one I had real expectations for

Hurns maybe. But I never expect him to be much if any better than Williams has been

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I feel the same. I want to say the skill players outside of Zeke, but there isnt a one I had real expectations for

Hurns maybe. But I never expect him to be much if any better than Williams has been
It has been a weird first quarter of the season.

I can't say I know what this team is.

But I will say this, the game against the Texans will go a long way to defining that.

I know that sounds crazy, but this is about the point you either make your move to be legitimate or settle into malaise.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It has been a weird first quarter of the season.

I can't say I know what this team is.

But I will say this, the game against the Texans will go a long way to defining that.

I know that sounds crazy, but this is about the point you either make your move to be legitimate or settle into malaise.
11-5 or 5-11.

I don't think this will be a .500 team. If the QB play is what we saw last week, we will be a good team. If QB is closer to what it was against Carolina or Seattle, this is a bad team.

I don't think the defense is nearly good enough to wins games where the offense struggle. Nor bad enough to lose games where the offense is effective. With a fairly good pass rush and CB play, they should be able to make key stops

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
That Miller light is still the official beer of the Dallas Cowboys.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see if Dak can turn it around before I say that he is my biggest disappointment. I had such high hopes for him in 2016. In 2017 he probably would've been my biggest disappointment then for that season. But this season he's had some games that have given me hope that he can still turn it around, as long as he throws the occasional deep ball and keeps defenses honest so that what made him great in 2016 can come out.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Coaches have been very disappointing. The playcalling was atrocious with Garrett. It's still atrocious with Linehan. Dak is suffering from it because Garrett/Linehan doesn't know what they're doing.

Tractor1

Reaction score
The approach taken offensively. I was hoping Dak friendly would translate to more running from spread formations. Not only read options, but designed runs for the QB. Prescott's overall game seems to improve when he's a running threat.