When a Beast plays a Beast

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Every one already knows that the Beast is back in the NFC-East (MNF game lived up to that reputation). Likewise, everyone knows that when one NFC-East team plays another NFC-East team, it's like the proverbial unstoppable force meeting the immovable object ...Explosion!

Here's the question to my opponent fans ...in your opinion, do NFC-East teams place the same beastly energy into playing outer-divisional/conference teams as they do with NFC-East rival opponents?

Now hold on one more minute ...before you jump off into a response, I'd like you to consider these things into the formula ...

- Are bragging rights within the NFC-East division powerful enough to give off that type of incentive to play harder (rhetorical
question)?

- Are two (2) loses to NFC-East teams any more or less important/devastating than two (2) losses from out-divisional/conference teams (rhetorical question)?

- Does playing NFC-East teams twice per year give NFC-East opponents and advantage/disadvantage because of familiarization of the the opponent team's offense/defense (rhetorical question)?

Bonus question (not rhetorical) ...if any of the NFC-East teams were placed into another dvision/conference (for example, if the Cowboys were placed in the same division as the Patriots) ...would they be any more or less dominant becasue of the same considerations depicted above?

Now gentlemen ...your comments.

Phoenix-Talon

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Comments? But you said that 80% of your questions were simply rhetoric??

To the one non rhetoric question, I do believe that if the Cowboys were in another competitive division, or even another competitive conference, that they would still be considered an early favorite. Maybe not the most favored, but still a favorite. and it is nice to see the Beast back and the Least gone.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2270466 said:
Eagles blow...

You're an early bird! I see you're starting off your day as chipper as usual. I guess I can't understand how some posters prefer to dwell on our differences than to reach out to the things we have in common ...football!

Have a great day M-Cowboy.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2270468 said:
Comments? But you said that 80% of your questions were simply rhetoric??

To the one non rhetoric question, I do believe that if the Cowboys were in another competitive division, or even another competitive conference, that they would still be considered an early favorite. Maybe not the most favored, but still a favorite. and it is nice to see the Beast back and the Least gone.

That was a great 20% comments worth!

But I think your response is agrumentable, depending upon what division/conference your team was placed into.

PT

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2270469 said:
What? we are the BEST!

Sorry, you totally missed the topic. There was never a question about your team being the best/worst. Try again!

PT

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2270471 said:
You're an early bird! I see you're starting off your day as chipper as usual. I guess I can't understand how some posters prefer to dwell on our differences than to reach out to the things we have in common ...football!

Have a great day M-Cowboy.

I get to work at my laid back government job and immediately use tax payer money by zoning at 630 am.

After watching the game, the Eagles do scare me. McFlabb looked like he was 27 and after watching him shake half our D-Line and gazing in amazement when Burnett bounced off of him, I was shocked.

If Jeffery Lurie wasn't so cheap , McNabb and some quality WR's ( not Overpaid Curtis, 2 small Lewis, One play wonder Baskett, Always hurt Reggie, and David Terrell... I mean Avant)might actually do something this year. They will probably go 11-5 and hopefully not give me another first game exit. They do look good but....

Westbrook is bound to get hurt, DeSean wont make it through an entire season, Your tackles are old ( Tre did a good job on Demarcus though) , Your Dline is undersized, and Consedine is your Roy Williams.

I do like Desean though.... I wanted him bad and lobbied on here for him only to be clowned by people saying he is 165 pounds soaking wet ( which he probably is) and questioning his maturity ( or lack thereof). He will continue to toast Dallas for the next 4 or 5 years until he goes back to SoCal. He was a talent in college and you cant teach what he has when you get the ball in his hands. But..... he is an Eagle, so I hope he gets knocked out like the Hammer unloaded on Avant....

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Can't we at least wait until the middle of the season before saying the NFC East is the best division and that each team would dominate in another division.

The teams in the NFC East have either played each other or played the Browns and the Rams.

We appear to have some very good teams in the division, but I would like to see the season progress a little further before speculating that any of the 4 teams could dominate another division.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2270483 said:
I get to work at my laid back government job and immediately use tax payer money by zoning at 630 am.

After watching the game, the Eagles do scare me. McFlabb looked like he was 27 and after watching him shake half our D-Line and gazing in amazement when Burnett bounced off of him, I was shocked.

If Jeffery Lurie wasn't so cheap , McNabb and some quality WR's ( not Overpaid Curtis, 2 small Lewis, One play wonder Baskett, Always hurt Reggie, and David Terrell... I mean Avant)might actually do something this year. They will probably go 11-5 and hopefully not give me another first game exit. They do look good but....

Westbrook is bound to get hurt, DeSean wont make it through an entire season, Your tackles are old ( Tre did a good job on Demarcus though) , Your Dline is undersized, and Consedine is your Roy Williams.

I do like Desean though.... I wanted him bad and lobbied on here for him only to be clowned by people saying he is 165 pounds soaking wet ( which he probably is) and questioning his maturity ( or lack thereof). He will continue to toast Dallas for the next 4 or 5 years until he goes back to SoCal. He was a talent in college and you cant teach what he has when you get the ball in his hands. But..... he is an Eagle, so I hope he gets knocked out like the Hammer unloaded on Avant....

WOW! Talking about somebody who has had a jumbo sized coffee! You can speak football language. I hear you.

But do you think he Cowboys would still be a dominant team if placed into another division/conference?

PT

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2270493 said:
Can't we at least wait until the middle of the season before saying the NFC East is the best division and that each team would dominate in another division..

That's fair.

The teams in the NFC East have either played each other or played the Browns and the Rams..

True, but not as frequently as other opponent teams in the NFC-East!

We appear to have some very good teams in the division, but I would like to see the season progress a little further before speculating that any of the 4 teams could dominate another division.

Absolutely, but this is all conjecture based on you perception through the years; your observations of past games, not so much projected games.

PT

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2270509 said:
WOW! Talking about somebody who has had a jumbo sized coffee! You can speak football language. I hear you.

But do you think he Cowboys would still be a dominant team if placed into another division/conference?

PT

If Dallas goes 4-2 in the NFC East, there is no dont in my mind that they would own any other division.

The Eagles are legit, the Giants are the champs, and the Skins looked better in game 2 than the horrid game one.

If Dallas was in the NFC West, they would go 6-0

If they were in the NFC South, Carolina might pull one out so I's say 5-1

If they were in the NFC Norris, I'd say 5-1 with maybe the Bears/Packers split one with Dallas

AFC West I'd say 4-2.. Denver can put up some points and you can never count out a healthy San Diego team.

AFC South, probably 5-1. The Colts D is too pourous and Kerry Collins doesn't scare me..

AFC East 5-1, a Tom Bradyless Pats might squeak one out and who knows about Buffalo. Should have lost that game last year and this year they arent devestated by injury...

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2270478 said:
That was a great 20% comments worth!

But I think your response is agrumentable, depending upon what division/conference your team was placed into.

PT

I disagree. Right now we are in a division that has the reigning SB champs, the Eagles who will ALWAYS be the division favorite as long as 'media loved can't do no wrong' McNabb is their QB, and the Commanders who always win seem to win the Summer Bowl with their Name signings.

Even in the AFC, you have New England and then you have Pitt, SD, and Indy as favorites.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
You are not a Super Bowl contender when you can find so many good things from a loss.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2270520 said:
AFC East 5-1, a Tom Bradyless Pats might squeak one out...

The Pat's are looking horrible without Brady. The way the Jets played, the Pat's should have had 30+ on them. The gods smile on New England, though. Even now, his injury happened durring a year that they have the easiest of schedules.

[/hating] ;)

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2270540 said:
The Pat's are looking horrible without Brady. The way the Jets played, the Pat's should have had 30+ on them. The gods smile on New England, though. Even now, his injury happened durring a year that they have the easiest of schedules.

[/hating] ;)

Their offense wont be the 07' Pats ( sucks for Brady, Moss and Welker fantasy owners) but Bellicheat will keep his team in the game with Defense alone. Jerod Mayo who I thought was taken too high has looked solid...

He injects some youth and speed on their Defense to replace their aging vets.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
I have no faith in Bellicheck without Brady. He sucked in Cleveland, He sucked his first year in New England. And he was sucking his second year before Bledsoe went down with an injury. What is Bellicheck's record with teams that weren't QB'd by Brady?

Though, this team will ride an easy loose schedule to the playoff's, I have no doubt.

newera

Reaction score
Can't we at least wait until the middle of the season before saying the NFC East is the best division and that each team would dominate in another division.

I agree that we should let the season play out first

The teams in the NFC East have either played each other or played the Browns and the Rams.

Just nitpicking, but didn't the Commanders beat the saints last week?

sago1

Reaction score
I just read an article discussing the 4 NFC East teams and their current records against each other and against teams outside. According to that article, NFC East teams are a combined 6 & 2; those 2 loses came because the Giants beat the Skins and the Cowboys beat the Eagles. Against other teams, the NFC East teams are a combined 4-0. Don't know when those numbers were totaled but they sound good to me. Looks like we beat up on each other & then go out and beat up on everybody else--just like what happened in the 90s. Didn't stop the Giants from winning a SB, the Skins winning a SB & the Cowboys winning 3 SBs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;2270462 said:
Every one already knows that the Beast is back in the NFC-East (MNF game lived up to that reputation). Likewise, everyone knows that when one NFC-East team plays another NFC-East team, it's like the proverbial unstoppable force meeting the immovable object ...Explosion!

Here's the question to my opponent fans ...in your opinion, do NFC-East teams place the same beastly energy into playing outer-divisional/conference teams as they do with NFC-East rival opponents?

Now hold on one more minute ...before you jump off into a response, I'd like you to consider these things into the formula ...

- Are bragging rights within the NFC-East division powerful enough to give off that type of incentive to play harder (rhetorical
question)?

- Are two (2) loses to NFC-East teams any more or less important/devastating than two (2) losses from out-divisional/conference teams (rhetorical question)?

- Does playing NFC-East teams twice per year give NFC-East opponents and advantage/disadvantage because of familiarization of the the opponent team's offense/defense (rhetorical question)?

Bonus question (not rhetorical) ...if any of the NFC-East teams were placed into another dvision/conference (for example, if the Cowboys were placed in the same division as the Patriots) ...would they be any more or less dominant becasue of the same considerations depicted above?

Now gentlemen ...your comments.

Phoenix-Talon

I think the fact that the teams within the division know each other so well these games tend to be harder fought games. As for the importance yes division games mean much more than games outside the division if your goal is to win the division out right.