When Dak sucks this year, don't blame him

jay94

Reaction score
We easily have a bottom five receiving core in the league at the moment. I will say, while Dak has been good he has been overrated, I think by half the fan base that for some reason had a reason to target and bash on Romo were quick to come to the Dak love. Terrance Williams is a no 4 receiver on most teams, Hurns can be an adequate two, and Beasley only fills certain route tree like Bryant, oh the biggest concern we have no number 1 and Witten is adequate at best at TE at his age.

jay94

Reaction score
Did I say he did? Ffs nothing, but homers on this site.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Im not sold on Dak either but he is who we have at QB. That being said I dont think having a big play WR that can go deep fits with Dak anyways because the guy has no arm. I think just mixing in a bunch of WRs that are all #2s would be a benefit towards disguising where the ball is going. If Dallas is gonna do anything this year its not gonna be with Dak leading the charge its going to be with the oline, zeke and defense. Dak just needs to be a bus driver and if we get anything more out him its a bonus!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak will be fine with this solid core of receivers. All who have become great did not achieve overnight. Let there be some history behind your doubt.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Rico is gonna be Dak's BFF just like Witt was for Antonio

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We easily have a bottom five receiving core in the league at the moment.
It's receiving corp not core. Your lack of education is going to cause your mouth to write a check youe butt can't cash in this conversation.

I will say, while Dak has been good he has been overrated, I think by half the fan base that for some reason had a reason to target and bash on Romo were quick to come to the Dak love.
Wrong again bucko. Dak is good... Offensive Player of the Year good his rookie year. He had a good first half of the season last year too. It wasn't until he lost Tyron Smith guarding his blind side and Zeke to hand the ball to that his performance started to fall short. We are talking about a couple months of football.

Terrance Williams is a no 4 receiver on most teams, Hurns can be an adequate two, and Beasley only fills certain route tree like Bryant, oh the biggest concern we have no number 1 and Witten is adequate at best at TE at his age.
Maybe you haven't heard... Dez and Witten are gone. No need to be kicking those two around anymore. T Will has had a ton of great plays that says you are wrong about him... the problem with that is those plays were with Romo at QB so maybe you are right with Dak As QB, they don't have the same chemistry with their connection rate. Without Dez and Witten as targets, the ball has got to be going to someone more. Let's wait to see what we have now before bashing them.

John813

Reaction score
Doubtful. Like it or not, Dez was not on the same level from his 12-14 playing days as he was from 15-17.
Maybe it was simply him and Dak not being on the same page. Maybe it was a decline in talent from Dez. Who knows, but it was coming almost clear that he wasn't going to produce like he did 3+ years ago now.

The Cowboys went out and acquired receivers whose strengths involve route running. Hurns while not an elite one, isn't a slouch at route running and has athletic ability to still get up for the ball. Our draft included two receivers over 6' that had strengths in route running. It may pan out or be a downgrade. But, having Dez on the field didn't make our corps that much better. Getting stuck on the name and prior success.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We easily have a bottom five receiving core in the league at the moment. I will say, while Dak has been good he has been overrated, I think by half the fan base that for some reason had a reason to target and bash on Romo were quick to come to the Dak love. Terrance Williams is a no 4 receiver on most teams, Hurns can be an adequate two, and Beasley only fills certain route tree like Bryant, oh the biggest concern we have no number 1 and Witten is adequate at best at TE at his age.

When the QB makes a mistake I say so as I would with any other member of the team. Dak made more mistakes this past season than the season before and I see others at different position make mistake and I call them out as well. Playing this game you will make mistakes and all you can do is get back to work and try to correct the problems you have had. I fully expect Dak to go back review and correct mistakes and to continue to work on improving as a player. Then again I expect that from every member of the team. Seem more people are interested in throwing players under the bus because they are upset over other issues such as Dak replacing Romo so Dak catches hell from a certain segment of the fan base.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Can always tell the fake fans on this site - it's never that "Dak needs to improve/has accuracy issues, etc." but "Dak sucks".
It's never "the receiving corps needs somebody to step up/who's going to be the no. 1 guy/who's going to provide a deep threat, etc." but "bottom 5 receiving corps"
It's never "the defense doesn't get enough turnovers/isn't tough enough/needs a better pass rush, etc" but "worst defense in the league".

And on and on.

But no way to keep them out, I just ignore their comments...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Can always tell the fake fans on this site - it's never that "Dak needs to improve/has accuracy issues, etc." but "Dak sucks".
It's never "the receiving corps needs somebody to step up/who's going to be the no. 1 guy/who's going to provide a deep threat, etc." but "bottom 5 receiving corps"
It's never "the defense doesn't get enough turnovers/isn't tough enough/needs a better pass rush, etc" but "worst defense in the league".

And on and on.

But no way to keep them out, I just ignore their comments...

I agree. I think there are things every member of this team can improve on. Dak had some tough games and made some mistakes this past season there is no question about it hell even Dak will own up to making mistakes. It happens and he can do one of 2 things get back out there and work on problems or lay down and give up. Dak is a fighter he will pick himself up, dust himself off and get back to work. Being a fan as long as I have this is not the 1st rodeo I have been too, when it comes to fans and those who want nothing more than to replace the QB while others see no wrong in the QB. Reality is Dak is a young QB and is still learning but I do not doubt his dedication and willingness to work and improve as the QB.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
There are lots of pieces to the puzzle this year, that could all come together, fall completely apart or come together partly:
Will Dak improve on last year?
Will Hurns and Thompson mesh quickly?
Can some receiver step up and replace Dez?
Will Vander Esch shine as a rookie?
Can Lawrence continue like he did last year?
Will some DT provide some interior pass rush?
Who will fill LG?
Can Williams make the transition to guard/push Collins back to guard?
Can the dbs mesh?
How will B. Jones handle cb? (Assuming he is going back there)
Will Irving get suspended from the DV accusation?
Can Linehan get Beasley back to single coverage?
Will T. Smith's back hold up?
Can Swaim or Gathers or Jarwin fill Witten's shoes?
Will T. Will's foot heal up back to normal, and in time for him to participate in camp/play pre-season?
Can Bailey get back to his old super reliable self?
Will Chris Jones be upset at not making the Pro Bowl and fall off in performance?

Of course every team has some issues and question marks, but there's literally no part of this team that doesn't have issues or question marks. The Patriots still have Brady, the Steelers still have a two-time SB winning quarterback and one of the game's best at receiver and running back, the Seahawks still have Wilson who carried the team last year, the Giants picked up a top rated running back, have a two time SB winning quarterback and may have fixed their o-line problems or at least greatly improved it, the Rams have tons of talent, the Panthers still have Newton, etc. etc. Those teams have at least some critical parts of the team set with top level, proven talent.

This team, with the exception of the punter, does not...

kskboys

Reaction score
Seems like most posters are either blind homers or negative nancies, both of whom get invested in their opinions to the point that everything has to be spun in a way that makes them "right", as if anyone else cares. :rolleyes:
Don't forget how mad they get when you don't agree w/ them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!