When does Philbin get the axe?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheDude, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Cowpolk

Cowpolk Landry Hat

14,391 Messages
    21,555 Likes Received
    Fire everyone now

2. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

24,929 Messages
    25,062 Likes Received
    Pollack wasn’t fired. JG did not offer him a new contract. Pollack used power blocking for running and some zone for pass protection. He let Pollack go to bengals and the bengals fired there O-Line coach Alexander. JG did it because alexander and JG was buddies. He hired his buddy and he said he was changing there hand and footwork. He sucked and our O-Line sucked and he was fired by JJ at bye week and Colombo took over and used Houck out of retirement as adviser. O- Line went back to old ways and improved greatly. Pollack has stayed in bengals because of dumb move by JG but that was a move that helped get him fired..

visionary and Cowpolk like this.
  3. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

9,697 Messages
    10,448 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Mike Munchak (MM) OLs rush avg around 4.3 per carry, and protects the QB very well, in general. I don't know why MM fell out with the Broncos, but he's a person I'd like to hear his solution for the Cowboys OL, if possible.

4. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    23,866 Messages
    20,326 Likes Received
    Didn't Regis retire a few years ago?

glimmerman likes this.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

21,238 Messages
    41,334 Likes Received
    He's the bare minimum change that needs to happen to this staff. If he remains that I'll know this is more of a clusterF than I thought.

6. jwooten15

jwooten15 Well-Known Member

11,551 Messages
    27,453 Likes Received
    I’d give my second child up to get Bill Callahan back in Dallas

Illiniferret and glimmerman like this.
  7. glimmerman

24,929 Messages
    25,062 Likes Received
    How old is Houck now..

79, I will take him. Lol.

TequilaCowboy and OmerV like this.
  8. glimmerman

24,929 Messages
    25,062 Likes Received
    You and me both. Why did JJ have to ruin it.

jwooten15 likes this.
  9. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    23,866 Messages
    20,326 Likes Received
    I think he watches the games on the TV in the community room at the Golden Years Retirement Village while eating oatmeal and tapioca pudding.

10. Machete

Machete Well-Known Member

1,631 Messages
    1,741 Likes Received
    The fact that he hasn't been fired...is very concerning.

11. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

10,198 Messages
    8,478 Likes Received
    LOL .. " Fired, ..dismissed, ..moving on, not re-signed " ... cut & slice the cake however you'd prefer, but it's the same as Columbo - and even Garrett -bottom line " you will not be welcomed back "

- I'm well familiar with the displeasure with Paul Alexander's high- low OL techniques and tactics that this vet OL wasn't very fond of at all and made it a mess, before Lumbo
    took over and simplified.

- And reportedly Paul Alexander was more linked to ex- OC Scott Linehan who did not like Pollack, and urged on the signing of Alexander.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...ing-minute-video-paul-alexander-amari-cooper/

12. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    7,416 Messages
    6,461 Likes Received
    Doubt it happens tbh. The band will be back together.

Jerry and Stephen probably don't see Philbin as an issue. I mention them because we all know Big Mac ultimately has no say on his staff. I think Jerry and Stephen see the jump Steele took, the ability McGovern showed in reserve roles, as positives.

13. quickccc

10,198 Messages
    8,478 Likes Received
    And all of our 2020 OL just stood around looking...twirling their thumbs. after Wash player flat cheap shot Andy Dalton our QB into a damn concussion ... !!

That's why i was sooo very proud of Lael Collins (who was out 2020) for getting back at Wash. and taking no prisoner approach for roughing our QB on the sideline.

Reminisce of the old menace Marc Columbo dayz... .. " That's my QB - Take no Prisoners " !! :mad:

JustChip and TheDude like this.
  14. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

2,375 Messages
    3,116 Likes Received
    Let's just say when he started coaching they still wore leather helmets, and there was this young whippersnapper named Red Grange galloping around. :D

glimmerman likes this.
  15. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

41,813 Messages
    20,166 Likes Received
    Might as well prepare yourselves for all of them coming back. No heads are likely to roll. Nothing to give anyone a glimmer of hope. Enjoy the offseason. lol

16. quickccc

10,198 Messages
    8,478 Likes Received
    tsk, tsk .... oh cry me a river, .can we ever let the Callahan wolf calls go ..?

2nd Fewest sacks allowed in the NFL from Columbo's 2019 unit ..but yet we let that OL coach go to satisfy McCarthy getting one of his boyz here... ?

:huh:

glimmerman likes this.
  17. glimmerman

24,929 Messages
    25,062 Likes Received
    It was a obvious screw up. MM never bothered to look at the job he did. Instead he wanted his old buddy. Get the band back together and all this talent will do the job for them.. Wrong.. JJ should make MM call Colombo and ask him to come back. Or ask him face to face, would love to be a fly on the wall..

18. quickccc

10,198 Messages
    8,478 Likes Received
    Mike Nolan and Joe Philibin were McCarthy's own hand picked assistants, and results have not been favorable.

Only thing was he was forced on by the Jones to not only keep Kellen Moore, but let Kellen run the offense. MM's hands were tied on that one.

19. glimmerman

24,929 Messages
    25,062 Likes Received
    Linehan was dumb to.

20. glimmerman

24,929 Messages
    25,062 Likes Received
    I bet Payton knows this too. If we have another season that we don’t advance in the playoffs JJ May remove both and perhaps hire Payton if he is even interested.

Cowpolk likes this.