When has giving a player a huge contract ever worked out for us

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Seriously question...

For the Dallas Cowboys when has giving a huge new contract ever worked out for us?

Beyond Deion Sanders 25 years ago I can’t really think of many...

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Depends if by 'worked out for us' you mean won a super bowl while they were on the team?

Personally, I think Cooper is proving to be worth his contract but we ain't winning very often.
Oh that’s true, totally forgot about Cooper

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Salaries & contracts increase yearly. To answer the OP. Aikman! And to think, he only made $16 million per season. o_O

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Salaries & contracts increase yearly. To answer the OP. Aikman! And to think, he only made $16 million per season. o_O
I know this is silly but, only?:omg: I would be on my fishing boat with my Mancun. Cold drink and could care less in my mind.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tyron Smith.......even injured, he's way underpaid. But yeah, successes are typically few on mediocre teams like Dallas. We have an idiot making the decisions which doesn't help either.

Thing is he was not underpaid when he signed the deal that made him the highest paid. This is a point many look at with Dak, what is big today tends not to be that big within a couple of years

HungryLion

Reaction score
I suppose it depends what one feels is “working out for us”

The cowboys haven’t won a Super Bowl or made an NFC championship game in 25 years. So from that standpoint. Nothing has worked.

but individually. Quite a few players have and are earning their big dollar contract.

Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, demarcus ware, laroi glover, Terrell Owens, Jason witten, romo, etc

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith, Deion Sanders, Larry Allen, Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, Jason Witten, Amari Cooper, DeMarcus Ware, etc etc.

We've paid great players over the years. One of the larger issues the Cowboys are having right now is that they're overvaluing talent that they've drafted and won't pay out money to worthy FA and scrape the bargain bin every year. In other words, you get what you pay for.