When have they looked really good this year?

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Romo has been short hopping the ball, throwing interceptions, and fumbling at what must be a record pace. The OL has only looked dominant a couple of times this year and the penalties are just awful. Our D may look good early in the games but the last drive or two they can't seem to stop anyone. TO can't seem to get free.

All of this is very frustrating :bang2: Right now I don't get the impression that this team has learned how to win important games. I hope this is a wake up call for them and they stop making excuses. Don't tell us how people are misjudging you and start playing consistently on the field. This team has far more talent than they are showing on the field.

FLCowboyFan

Reaction score
but how good were those teams? And even in the GB game, we made them look pretty good as well. I just feel like we haven't got everything going yet. If it weren't for a few big plays, our record could look very different. Thank goodness for Felix.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I don't give a hang about them "looking good."

I'll take "ugly" wins.

links18

Reaction score
When you play 3 bad games in a row, they stop being abberations after awhile....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;2331243 said:
but how good were those teams? And even in the GB game, we made them look pretty good as well. I just feel like we haven't got everything going yet. If it weren't for a few big plays, our record could look very different. Thank goodness for Felix.

We dominated GB, that game wasn't as close as the score.

I thought we looked pretty good against Philly apart from a couple of mistakes. That was probably the best our offense has been all year.

utrunner07

Reaction score
goshan;2331224 said:
Cleveland and GBay they looked pretty good.

lol, I knew someone was going to say this...

Go back and watch those games...Romo did not look good. He did not look as bad as he did today but he was missing throws and throwing low. There were other problems as well in those. I guess you could say they looked pretty good in those games but there were definitely some signs of the weaknesses to come.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;2331259 said:
I don't give a hang about them "looking good."

I'll take "ugly" wins.

winning ugly over and over usually translates to being blown out in big games and kicked out of the playoffs early

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
This defense has not been able to hold a lead including last year. Perfect example against Giants in playoffs. They cannot be like the team of 90's till this happens. Anyone notice that?

up 17-0 to Cin.

FLCowboyFan

Reaction score
Future;2331279 said:
We dominated GB, that game wasn't as close as the score.

I thought we looked pretty good against Philly apart from a couple of mistakes. That was probably the best our offense has been all year.

But we gave up a huge amount of points to Phillies O that has been decent but they scored their most points against us in that game. I love my boys but I just don't think they have figured it out yet. Hopefully by the end of the season they will get on a roll

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dbair1967;2331309 said:
winning ugly over and over usually translates to being blown out in big games and kicked out of the playoffs early
It's fine to say this, please back it up with some evidence.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Last time I thought we looked like a super bowl team was indy a few years back.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2331309 said:

Remember the Skins '87 Super Bowl year-their moto was "Winning Ugly". Actually, 90% of their wins was just that-ugly against a bunch of crappy teams. But they won it all at the end.

kai cyr

Reaction score
Boysboy;2332173 said:
Remember the Skins '87 Super Bowl year-their moto was "Winning Ugly". Actually, 90% of their wins was just that-ugly against a bunch of crappy teams. But they won it all at the end.

The last time I felt like the Cowboys were a champioship team was about a year ago when were nearing the Dallas-New England showdown...then we got beat down and it killed my hopes...haven't viewed them as champions since then. :(