When was it that you lost faith in Moore as OC?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Moore was a breath of fresh air in the beginning. The passing game immediately went to the next level after Garrett left and Moore was able to open things up. In 2020 the Cowboys had a record breaking offense before Dak went down at 32 points per game. Even last year despite the inconsistent 2nd half they had the #1 scoring offense in the NFL at 30 points per game and the #1 passing game in the NFL yardage wise.

But for me personally it was the 2nd half of the season when teams made some adjustments and he failed to adjust himself. Now granted the Oline went in the toilet and Zeke got hurt which killed the run game. But once teams went into the two deep zone Moore went into a shell. He couldnt seem to adjust to that. Things got basic again. And the fact that he had the perfect opportunity to bench Zeke for the more dynamic Pollard and didnt, that was it for me.

Is there any hope that he learns from his inexperience and blossoms going forward or is he done?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty much about the same time, as it was obvious he could not adjust to the DC’s adjustment, or his refusal to do so.
Yes injuries played a big part, but still a lot of it was on Moore.

Things that worked earlier in the year and even later in the year, it seems he refused to used them again. Or rarely did.
Things that did not work he kept trying them over and over. But to no success. Tried too many cute plays to try to fool the other team, and some plays worked, but he tried too many at the wrong times.

But the real issue is, I never ever had faith in him. Yes leading yards and scoring and all. But in the end it did not matter.
I never liked him at QB, I never wanted him to be the QB coach, and never wanted him to be the OC.
But Jerry’s stubbornness and trying to be cute to do it his way has cost the team over and over.

I like Jerry to a degree, but this has went on far too long.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Moore was a breath of fresh air in the beginning. The passing game immediately went to the next level after Garrett left and Moore was able to open things up. In 2020 the Cowboys had a record breaking offense before Dak went down at 32 points per game. Even last year despite the inconsistent 2nd half they had the #1 scoring offense in the NFL at 30 points per game and the #1 passing game in the NFL yardage wise.

But for me personally it was the 2nd half of the season when teams made some adjustments and he failed to adjust himself. Now granted the Oline went in the toilet and Zeke got hurt which killed the run game. But once teams went into the two deep zone Moore went into a shell. He couldnt seem to adjust to that. Things got basic again. And the fact that he had the perfect opportunity to bench Zeke for the more dynamic Pollard and didnt, that was it for me.

Is there any hope that he learns from his inexperience and blossoms going forward or is he done?
I haven't. I'm willing to see if lessons are learned.
If not, then faith shall be lost.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

If your basing your opinion on fact he didn’t bench Elliott then I’d argue it wasn’t his decision.

And I think you answered your own question into what happened to Moore and the offense leading up to your issue with Elliott which was clearly Jethro’s decision.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

Mannix

Reaction score
I'm 50/50 with him between the 20's, but he has been a total failure in the Red Zone. Did not appreciate him being handed the keys and given the opportunity to learn on the job in the first place.

zekecowboy

Reaction score

Jerry has learned his lesson. That's why there are rumors that Dallas will hire Sean Payton next off season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If your basing your opinion on fact he didn’t bench Elliott then I’d argue it wasn’t his decision.

And I think you answered your own question into what happened to Moore and the offense leading up to your issue with Elliott which was clearly Jethro’s decision.

I clearly base my opinion on more then just Zeke. However, I cannot leave Moore blameless for Zeke. Even if Zeke was pushed, which I believe he was, he should have pushed back. And NOT getting Pollard more involved has been a 3 years thing, not just one. If Pollard gets more touches and is producing then what is Jerry going to do?

This is where is inexperience has shown up is dealing with Jerry and a player like Zeke that is both popular and a Cowboys icon.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I clearly base my opinion on more then just Zeke. However, I cannot leave Moore blameless for Zeke. Even if Zeke was pushed, which I believe he was, he should have pushed back. And NOT getting Pollard more involved has been a 3 years thing, not just one. If Pollard gets more touches and is producing then what is Jerry going to do?

This is where is inexperience has shown up is dealing with Jerry and a player like Zeke that is both popular and a Cowboys icon.
I think you’re under estimating the influence and meddling from Jethro .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think you’re under estimating the influence and meddling from Jethro .

No I just know your MO is to blame every little thing on Jerry. And also turn every conversation into a Jerry sucks chat.

Lets just get it out there again. Jerry sucks. Im still not letting Moore off the hook for the Zeke/Pollard debacle.