1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

When was it that you lost faith in Moore as OC?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyRoy, May 31, 2022.

1. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

47,648 Messages
    31,956 Likes Received
    Just what I said buddy. I believe Jerry pushed Zeke on Moore, but you cant hold Moore completely blameless. Not rocket science here. Moore deserves at least some blame, which he does.

2. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Well-Known Member

8,025 Messages
    8,198 Likes Received
    The day he was assigned the position.

3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    32,053 Messages
    28,240 Likes Received
    I haven’t.

4. kumizi

kumizi Well-Known Member

3,669 Messages
    4,862 Likes Received
    Not really sure what this question means. The Cowboys were among the league leaders in yards with a mediocre QB, a bum RB, and apparently a #1 WR they say is not any good. They’re just not talented enough to be an elite team.

5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

105,013 Messages
    34,268 Likes Received
    I haven't. As I have said I think he has to do better at making adjustments however he has been OC now for 3 season and this offense ranked #1 in the NFL 2 of those 3 years. I think the future will prove him as a top OC as he continues to grow in this position.

6. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

46,795 Messages
    28,949 Likes Received
    I guess so. If you believed he wasn’t going to do exactly what was dictated to him by Jethro.

It’s why our dysfunctional ownership handicaps our football operations which is really the bigger story. At least on issues or decisions like this when we are looking for responsibility.

7. Diehardblues

46,795 Messages
    28,949 Likes Received
    Which could mean that our OC is doing a good job putting up offensive numbers without an Elite QB, injured RB and OL.

It can be spun in different directions . Most likely Dak and Kellen helped prop up our offense amongst all of the other contributing factors at RB, OL and WR.

8. CowboyRoy

47,648 Messages
    31,956 Likes Received
    You can at least play Pollard more then 5 or 6 carries a game. Zeke was doing ZERO the 2nd half. Its like Moore was afraid to upset the apple cart even a little. He is a punk obviously.

fivetwos likes this.
  9. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

17,588 Messages
    12,350 Likes Received
    uh yes I can if I want to lol.
    They are cowards afraid of losing a job that isnt worth having.
    They could get work again in the nfl, everyone knows what the deal is in dallas.
    They just have no pride and took the job for the money.

10. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

9,164 Messages
    13,963 Likes Received
    I still think those rankings have more to do with great players doing great things than with Moore. When Dak went down in 2020 the offense scored 14 points less per game and amassed like 150 fewer yards a game. Once Zeke got hurt last season the running game went from like 150 yards a game to under a hunnerd a game. After all the offense typically lurked near the top of the league BEFORE he took over. Remember that in 2018 after the Cooper trade the Cowboys were either 1 or 2 ranked on offense and Moore was just the QB coach that year. I have never been all that enamored of Moore as a play caller.. especially his unwillingness to make even a token commitment to running the ball. He coaches like he's calling plays in the Mountain West Conference. When the Cowboys have a talent advantage the players make him look like a genius.. When they don't have that advantage he looks like a moron.

CowboyFanInLexKy likes this.
  11. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

9,164 Messages
    13,963 Likes Received
    Cool story Bro.. except Pollard had at least 10 carries in 8 of the 15 games he played last year. He also had at least 7 carries in 4 other games.. So he had "more than 5 or 6 carries" in 12 of the 15 games he suited up for. We can agree that he should have been used more in the second half of the season because they absolutely should have sat Zeke for 4-6 weeks until that knee healed. The only defense for their decision to keep Zeke in the lineup is that despite playing half the snaps and getting half the touches Pollard still managed to get hurt and miss two games..

12. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

5,063 Messages
    4,762 Likes Received
    When the team extended Dak and stuck him with a QB that cant get it done, Moore's career was over in Dallas.

I would love to know how MM and Moore truly feel about Dak.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

105,013 Messages
    34,268 Likes Received
    Dallas has done more that token we were ranked top 10 in rushing attempts, so we run the ball more than most teams. I disagree with you on this, if during a game I am pounding the ball and getting 1 or 2 yards I'm not going to continue to bang my head against the wall, not when I have 3 top WR to me that is foolish to put yourself in 2nd and 3rd long situations through out the game. I'm all for running the ball and as I said Dallas does run more than most team. Zeke injury clearly slowed the Cowboys rushing but prior to his getting hurt Dallas was ranked higher in rushing attempts and rushing yards.

14. Diehardblues

46,795 Messages
    28,949 Likes Received
    This era we’ve only had one coach or HC specifically who walked away cause he didn’t want to pander to the dysfunctional ownership. Bill Parcells

But to want to hold our coaching responsible instead of our ownership is sidestepping the bigger issue.

15. Diehardblues

46,795 Messages
    28,949 Likes Received
    What do you think about an owner/GM who doesn’t place the success of the football team as top priority?

16. CowboyRoy

47,648 Messages
    31,956 Likes Received
    Yep, he should have been used a lot more in the 2nd half of the season.

There is no defense. Zeke got hurt and stunk it up for half the season. Giving Zeke 20 carries the game before they were going to feature him in SF was not only dumb on the FO part, but also short sighted on Zekes part. But of course he cared more about getting to 1000 yards then actually winning a playoff game. And lets not forget that was a meaningless last game of the season.

17. CowboyRoy

47,648 Messages
    31,956 Likes Received
    Same thing you and everyone else does. Again you argue with made up people about made up things.

18. Diehardblues

46,795 Messages
    28,949 Likes Received
    But your wanting to deflect where the sole responsibility lies. Why?

It makes me think you’re not accepting or realizing the puppet roles these coaches must endure.

19. CowboyRoy

47,648 Messages
    31,956 Likes Received
    There are puppets, and then there are coaches that are respected and their input is followed. Maybe at some point you will learn the difference.

Jimmy, Parcells, MM..............Then there is Garrett and the rest of the loser puppets.

20. CowboyRoy

47,648 Messages
    31,956 Likes Received
    Nope, your just arguing with imaginary people about imaginary things.