When was it that you lost faith in Moore as OC?

Aven8

Reaction score
My problem has always been the offense itself. JG, Linny, and now Moore. Romo now Dak. It obviously works but I’m bored with it. The route concepts are so basic. Comebacks for a players like Dez, Coop, and CeeDee? The delayed draw? No sweeps? I hate it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There are puppets, and then there are coaches that are respected and their input is followed. Maybe at some point you will learn the difference.

Jimmy, Parcells, MM..............Then there is Garrett and the rest of the loser puppets.
And Jimmy and Bill walked away because of it.

My hunch is Moore wants to be HC next and why he hasn’t walked away.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nope, your just arguing with imaginary people about imaginary things.
There’s nothing imaginary about not wanting to hold our owner totally responsible for the Zeke decision .

You’re just mad at Moore for not walking away like Jimmy and Bill did. Give him time . First offer he gets , he’s probably gone .

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My guess is if McCarty has any balls he’ll walk next. Looks like to me from his comments after season end he’s already setting himself up for another venue. The longer he stays here with no more success the less chance he has at landing somewhere else .

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dallas has done more that token we were ranked top 10 in rushing attempts, so we run the ball more than most teams. I disagree with you on this, if during a game I am pounding the ball and getting 1 or 2 yards I'm not going to continue to bang my head against the wall, not when I have 3 top WR to me that is foolish to put yourself in 2nd and 3rd long situations through out the game. I'm all for running the ball and as I said Dallas does run more than most team. Zeke injury clearly slowed the Cowboys rushing but prior to his getting hurt Dallas was ranked higher in rushing attempts and rushing yards.

This is a misleading stat for several reasons. First, the Cowboys won 6 or 7 games by 20 points or more. So they spent the entire 4th quarter of nearly half their games just handing off and running out the clock. I would also submit that Moore's brain dead run play calling was largely responsible for some of the early struggles running the ball. Far too friggin many of the runs were right between the A and B gap behind the two weakest blockers on the line. Moore often forgets the simple truth that you can run the ball out side and on the edges too. By the way.. during the season Zeke (4.4) and Pollard (5.2) combined to average nearly 5 ypc on 1st and 10 so the premise that running the ball on first down puts you in 2nd and 3rd and long is patently false. The last point is that when the running game struggles the solution is always "well throw it more." When then is it when the passing game struggles the solution is "throw it even more?"

DonaldM

Reaction score
Jethro and pizza face are drawing up plays. It's what they do. They also pick players from watching College games. It's a family tradition.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This is a misleading stat for several reasons. First, the Cowboys won 6 or 7 games by 20 points or more. So they spent the entire 4th quarter of nearly half their games just handing off and running out the clock. I would also submit that Moore's brain dead run play calling was largely responsible for some of the early struggles running the ball. Far too friggin many of the runs were right between the A and B gap behind the two weakest blockers on the line. Moore often forgets the simple truth that you can run the ball out side and on the edges too. By the way.. during the season Zeke (4.4) and Pollard (5.2) combined to average nearly 5 ypc on 1st and 10 so the premise that running the ball on first down puts you in 2nd and 3rd and long is patently false. The last point is that when the running game struggles the solution is always "well throw it more." When then is it when the passing game struggles the solution is "throw it even more?"

On come on avg per carry? If you handed the ball off 10 times and picked up 1 to 2 yards then break a long run that alters the avg per carry but reality is you had drives end with punts putting the ball back in the opposing teams hands.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't think it is smart to run and 1 and 2nd down and pass on 3rd down. watching teams playing the run early down and sticking us in long situations. Kind of predictable game plan

RonnieT24

Reaction score
On come on avg per carry? If you handed the ball off 10 times and picked up 1 to 2 yards then break a long run that alters the avg per carry but reality is you had drives end with punts putting the ball back in the opposing teams hands.

They combined for over 180 first down carries so I think the sample size was sufficient to say this team was generally good when running on first down. This team rarely averaged less than 3 yards per attempt on first down so that whole narrative is a myth. Yes there was one or two games when they were stuffed early on.. the New Orleans game comes to mind.. along with the opener at Tampa.. Maybe the AZ game too?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They combined for over 180 first down carries so I think the sample size was sufficient to say this team was generally good when running on first down. This team rarely averaged less than 3 yards per attempt on first down so that whole narrative is a myth. Yes there was one or two games when they were stuffed early on.. the New Orleans game comes to mind.. along with the opener at Tampa.. Maybe the AZ game too?

and yet when Zeke torn his PCL you could see he did not have the push to grind out tough years. I want Dallas to run but is is a myth that Dallas did not run the ball, we did so more than most. we lost effectiveness running the ball after Zeke PCL injury and Pollard plantar fasciitis issues.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't think it is smart to run and 1 and 2nd down and pass on 3rd down. watching teams playing the run early down and sticking us in long situations. Kind of predictable game plan

The Cowboys passed on first down over 240 times in 2021.. They ran it less than 190... And again, this includes blowouts in nearly half the games when pretty much the entire 4th quarter was hand off, hand off, hand off, let's get home as fast as possible. Again, the notion that they just lined up and pounded the rock on first down is just not accurate.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The #1 offense in the league....as long as Kellen is allowed to do his thing....problem is you have too many people meddling.

:popcorn:

fivetwos

Reaction score
You can at least play Pollard more then 5 or 6 carries a game. Zeke was doing ZERO the 2nd half. Its like Moore was afraid to upset the apple cart even a little. He is a punk obviously.
You're not wrong, but fine line between punk and puppet I suppose.

A guy like Moore, and Garrett before him, is here so Jerry can have his say in the offense, and override the HC if he feels necessary.

Should Moore stand up to Jerry on certain things? Probably. Does he? Lol I think you know the answer.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Cowboys passed on first down over 240 times in 2021.. They ran it less than 190... And again, this includes blowouts in nearly half the games when pretty much the entire 4th quarter was hand off, hand off, hand off, let's get home as fast as possible. Again, the notion that they just lined up and pounded the rock on first down is just not accurate.

back on topic, I think Moore is a good young OC and I expect him to continue to grow as an OC. I do think it is not luck that his offense ranked 1st 2 out of 3 years I do however think he must do a better job of making in game adjustments and over the course of the season. If that means running the ball more I'm all for it, but at the end of the day this game is about moving the chains and putting up points. The fact we are even talking about Blowout wins? there were years every game was nail biter, where we played to the level of the competition the very fact that this team can go out and blowouts to me shows the overall improvement of this team. They need to learn to settle down and not play tight in big games

DFWJC

Reaction score
Your Honour, the attorney is leading the witness.

:laugh: