When we go 14-2, have the 1 rushing attack, top 5 defense, & a passing attack ranked around 10

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I only have one question...

Which team is going for hand us the two losses?

Batman1980

Reaction score
By the time Jerry/Stephen build a Top 5 defense, nobody will be talking about Dak at all, except possibly Dak's grandchildren.

Well they haven't had one since 2004 I believe so I wouldn't be surprised. Although 14 years isn't that long away, unless you've been waiting 22 years for the Cowboys to make it past the divisional round. Thanks Jerry! That reminds me of why I haven't used my own $ to pay for a jersey in about 20 years. Not to mention I don't spend my own $ to go to games.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But all the Dez haters said he hurt the passing game with his drops and route running. And it was addition by subtraction. So therefore, any WR will actually catch the ball. So then that adds yards to the offense, keeps the chains moving. And leads to scoring. Keeps the D off the field so we control the ball even more.

All because of one hated player.
:D

I think what many hated the most was the 16 mm price tag. Then probably the attitude. Its just not a pass first offense. And Dak uses his legs as well. So that will all factor in to them NOT being a top 10 passing offense.

The problem for Dak and the offense was having to force the ball to Bryant. Not his style. For better or worse.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone named millennial legend can’t be taken seriously. And you proved it with this post.

Verdict

Reaction score
... will people stop making Dak out to be some sort of a joke?

I love Witten, one of the GOATs at tight end, very honorable man, but he was the slowest tight end in the league last year, and has been among the slowest for quite awhile actually. Never was a speed threat but a savvy player and elite route runner, but the last 3 years he just looks like an average 55 year old drunken couch potato running out there. His prowess in run blocking has been savaged by a pretty substantial uptick in holding and false start penalties on running plays lately. He held the offense back last year, it's safe to say.

Dez Bryant, on the other hand, was simply a clown. No question, he held the offense and the entire team back last year, not just by bringing overall bad vibes to the team with his childish drama queen act but also with his poor performance. He was being paid roughly Julio Jones money to saunter around the field, run half-a$sed routes, mope when he doesn't get the ball thrown his way, and proceed to derp when Dak did hit him in the hands. The first two games of the season were the microchasm of why we needed to cut this cancer. The first game, he drops two straight passes in the endzone and doesn't even try on a third, leading to a chip shot field goal. The second game, he quits on a fade route and just stares as Aqib Talib merrily dances back to the other endzone... with the ball. And then the horrors of the Seattle game... yeah, he's done. He'll be lucky to ever play another NFL down, and I think there's a good chance he doesn't.

******* We needed to get rid of both of them, without hurting Witten's feelings, and we did just that.

Cowboys will be among the very best in the NFL in 2018. The 5th seed may very well be one of the two great NFC East teams at 12-4 or better. We will contend and we will finally have the defense to rise up and challenge the Matt Ryan's, Aaron Rodgers' and Drew Brees' of the world when it counts most.

There have been years where three NFCE teams made it to the playoffs. This might be another one. Steel sharpens steel.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

I love Witten, one of the GOATs at tight end, very honorable man, but he was the slowest tight end in the league last year, and has been among the slowest for quite awhile actually. Never was a speed threat but a savvy player and elite route runner, but the last 3 years he just looks like an average 55 year old drunken couch potato running out there. His prowess in run blocking has been savaged by a pretty substantial uptick in holding and false start penalties on running plays lately. He held the offense back last year, it's safe to say.

Dez Bryant, on the other hand, was simply a clown. No question, he held the offense and the entire team back last year, not just by bringing overall bad vibes to the team with his childish drama queen act but also with his poor performance. He was being paid roughly Julio Jones money to saunter around the field, run half-a$sed routes, mope when he doesn't get the ball thrown his way, and proceed to derp when Dak did hit him in the hands. The first two games of the season were the microchasm of why we needed to cut this cancer. The first game, he drops two straight passes in the endzone and doesn't even try on a third, leading to a chip shot field goal. The second game, he quits on a fade route and just stares as Aqib Talib merrily dances back to the other endzone... with the ball. And then the horrors of the Seattle game... yeah, he's done. He'll be lucky to ever play another NFL down, and I think there's a good chance he doesn't.

******* We needed to get rid of both of them, without hurting Witten's feelings, and we did just that.

Cowboys will be among the very best in the NFL in 2018. The 5th seed may very well be one of the two great NFC East teams at 12-4 or better. We will contend and we will finally have the defense to rise up and challenge the Matt Ryan's, Aaron Rodgers' and Drew Brees' of the world when it counts most.
Go ahead & drop the mic bruh. :clap:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
There have been years where three NFCE teams made it to the playoffs. This might be another one. Steel sharpens steel.

I cant see more than one nfce team making the playoffs. Probably the weakest division in the NFC again this year.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I like to have a few drinks on a Friday night, too.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
We will definitely NOT be 14-2. And we will definitely NOT have a top 10 passing attack. That is simply not the way this offense is designed.
Not top 10 in yards, but yardage doesn't define passing success anyway. Using yards as the standard, the 49ers (9th) and Bucs (4th) both had "top 10 passing attacks" last year. Half of last year's playoff teams didn't even finish in the top 10 in passing yards.

Passing success is measured by efficiency. Teams whose offenses ranked among the top 10 in passer rating averaged 11.1 wins last year, and that is exactly the way this offense has worked when it's been at full strength -- the way it's obviously "designed" to be.

It's the Top 5 defense (and thus the 14-2) that require major suspension of disbelief.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Dak is an average QB maybe a tick above average. Name a QB who wouldn't look good with this OL and RB combo. Blake Bortles looks good with their improved OL play and stud weapons too but that doesn't mean he's a great QB. Dak hasn't made our passing game better yet, maybe he can do that in 2018 if not im sure yall will blame the lack of a #1 wr or some such excuse.

As far as you blaming witten for lack of offense that is about the dumbest thing one can say. Witten had the highest catch % on the team for TE and wr's, still averaged 9 yards per catch 3rd highest on the team, was the best blocker on the team and still would be all of those things if he hadn't retired cause you can't cut the best guy just cause you think he's slow. There are plenty of faster guys with much less production. Will these coaches call a different play? Witt's option route was basically an 8-10 yard route, a safety net to dump off a pass safely and still get the 1st down. If the coaches call the same play don't assume the TE gets the same yards or catches at the same rate, we've not seen that except when we used Marty B on occasion.

If this RB group esp Zeke can get back to 1500+ yards it will take the pressure off Dak, the offense and defense will all look much better. That is how we are built.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not top 10 in yards, but yardage doesn't define passing success anyway. Using yards as the standard, the 49ers (9th) and Bucs (4th) both had "top 10 passing attacks" last year. Half of last year's playoff teams didn't even finish in the top 10 in passing yards.

Passing success is measured by efficiency. Teams whose offenses ranked among the top 10 in passer rating averaged 11.1 wins last year, and that is exactly the way this offense has worked when it's been at full strength -- the way it's obviously "designed" to be.

It's the Top 5 defense (and thus the 14-2) that require major suspension of disbelief.

Yes, well that would be different. I do think the passing game will be efficient. Thats the kind of QB Dak is and the great run game and Oline certainly help that.

Yah..........to be 14-2 we will need a top defense. But the schedule is too difficult for that type of record in my opinion.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

On the Giants game...are you confusing Dak throwing 3 straight bad passes in the red zone with Dez dropping passes?

Sounds like it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

if that happens I will shine your balls every day for a year...how's that?

Praxit

Reaction score
..yeah, and lose to Gimpy Rodgers in playoffs again. Sauce Marinelli will dial up his usual, "Oh *****! ... its Rodgers lets play it safe".