When we go 14-2, have the 1 rushing attack, top 5 defense, & a passing attack ranked around 10

JustChip

Reaction score
... will people stop making Dak out to be some sort of a joke?

I love Witten, one of the GOATs at tight end, very honorable man, but he was the slowest tight end in the league last year, and has been among the slowest for quite awhile actually. Never was a speed threat but a savvy player and elite route runner, but the last 3 years he just looks like an average 55 year old drunken couch potato running out there. His prowess in run blocking has been savaged by a pretty substantial uptick in holding and false start penalties on running plays lately. He held the offense back last year, it's safe to say.

Dez Bryant, on the other hand, was simply a clown. No question, he held the offense and the entire team back last year, not just by bringing overall bad vibes to the team with his childish drama queen act but also with his poor performance. He was being paid roughly Julio Jones money to saunter around the field, run half-a$sed routes, mope when he doesn't get the ball thrown his way, and proceed to derp when Dak did hit him in the hands. The first two games of the season were the microchasm of why we needed to cut this cancer. The first game, he drops two straight passes in the endzone and doesn't even try on a third, leading to a chip shot field goal. The second game, he quits on a fade route and just stares as Aqib Talib merrily dances back to the other endzone... with the ball. And then the horrors of the Seattle game... yeah, he's done. He'll be lucky to ever play another NFL down, and I think there's a good chance he doesn't.

******* We needed to get rid of both of them, without hurting Witten's feelings, and we did just that.

Cowboys will be among the very best in the NFL in 2018. The 5th seed may very well be one of the two great NFC East teams at 12-4 or better. We will contend and we will finally have the defense to rise up and challenge the Matt Ryan's, Aaron Rodgers' and Drew Brees' of the world when it counts most.
Borrowing from When Amy Met Sally, I'll have what he's having. :)

InTheZone

Reaction score

I love Witten, one of the GOATs at tight end, very honorable man, but he was the slowest tight end in the league last year, and has been among the slowest for quite awhile actually. Never was a speed threat but a savvy player and elite route runner, but the last 3 years he just looks like an average 55 year old drunken couch potato running out there. His prowess in run blocking has been savaged by a pretty substantial uptick in holding and false start penalties on running plays lately. He held the offense back last year, it's safe to say.

Dez Bryant, on the other hand, was simply a clown. No question, he held the offense and the entire team back last year, not just by bringing overall bad vibes to the team with his childish drama queen act but also with his poor performance. He was being paid roughly Julio Jones money to saunter around the field, run half-a$sed routes, mope when he doesn't get the ball thrown his way, and proceed to derp when Dak did hit him in the hands. The first two games of the season were the microchasm of why we needed to cut this cancer. The first game, he drops two straight passes in the endzone and doesn't even try on a third, leading to a chip shot field goal. The second game, he quits on a fade route and just stares as Aqib Talib merrily dances back to the other endzone... with the ball. And then the horrors of the Seattle game... yeah, he's done. He'll be lucky to ever play another NFL down, and I think there's a good chance he doesn't.

******* We needed to get rid of both of them, without hurting Witten's feelings, and we did just that.

Cowboys will be among the very best in the NFL in 2018. The 5th seed may very well be one of the two great NFC East teams at 12-4 or better. We will contend and we will finally have the defense to rise up and challenge the Matt Ryan's, Aaron Rodgers' and Drew Brees' of the world when it counts most.

that's a lot of "ifs", btw even if the run game was 1 and defense 5, which is a rarity on its own, I doubt the passing game would be 10. And it's more about numbers, it's about delivery. Do any of those games show Dak throwing a WR open or fitting it in tight coverage and making plays with his foot and arm? Or is it ride the run game and defense, then throw easy 4-10 yard plays to mix it up? Lets just wait for the season to start and play out before we make defenses of Dak personal.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
that's a lot of "ifs", btw even if the run game was 1 and defense 5, which is a rarity on its own, I doubt the passing game would be 10. And it's more about numbers, it's about delivery. Do any of those games show Dak throwing a WR open or fitting it in tight coverage and making plays with his foot and arm? Or is it ride the run game and defense, then throw easy 4-10 yard plays to mix it up? Lets just wait for the season to start and play out before we make defenses of Dak personal.
Seattle 2012-2014

millennial_legend

Reaction score
I'm a GatorAde man myself.
Why?

Powerade is 68 cents for a quart bottle at Walmart in my area (Plano)... Gatorade is $1 a pop for the same amount. Neither brand has the powder mix anymore, sadly.

I wonder if Aldi has a generic equivalent. Walmart used to but they don't anymore.

InTheZone

Reaction score
First pick. All Dak. Just horrible.

Second pick, all Dez.

Think about Dezs perspective, wide open right in front while running and you throw the ball 4 feet behind you, like damn help him out some. Sure it's a tough catch, but getting a lot of errant passes like that takes a toll on you. Again, not making excuses, just calling it how it is.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
14-2 is absurd?

Weren’t we like 13-3 the year before last and rested our starters the last game?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Quote). will people stop making Dak out to be some sort of a joke? And then the horrors of the Seattle game( QUOTE)

Ya DEZ was Terrible but doesn't he wear # 88 ? :muttley:

Wait til this season! Im confident one way or another were gonna find out a whole lot about Mr Prescott!

Batman1980

Reaction score
Wait til this season! Im confident one way or another were gonna find out a whole lot about Mr Prescott!

giphy.gif

Hadenough

Reaction score
To be honest, Dak running it in for a TD is ok but If this team is gonna get where they need to be its gonna need to be Elliott running the ball in and Prescott throwing the ball in. Running QBs get banged up, just ask Cam Newton!

Batman1980

Reaction score
To be honest, Dak running it in for a TD is ok but If this team is gonna get where they need to be its gonna need to be Elliott running the ball in and Prescott throwing the ball in. Running QBs get banged up, just ask Cam Newton!

Just ask Carson Wentz, who had to get his team to the play-offs only to watch his average back-up win the championship.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
i cringe when people do the "Witten was greatest, but..." comment and then go on to trash him. He was a checkdown-expected to pick up the first and did a great job at it, was a great blocker, and never missed a game. He never ran a 4.2 and wasnt expected to gain a lot after the reception. I'm lost on what else you expected from him, why hes getting the blame for last years team. or why you feel the team will improve with our current crop of rookies and players that couldnt beat him out last year. Look at the team between Novacek and Witten to see what average TE's are like and what u will probably see. This is exactly what is was like when Emmitt left and people were relieved Hambrick was taking over.
:clap: Right-on,Fred P-22,:thumbup:

#82 was a one man team of mules for this franchise,of imposing physical proportions, whose stiff arm could upend& faceplant any mo-fo in his way once he engaged full MULE lope mode:)

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

* those little Walther's p-22's are well built, slick rimfire pistols,,,I love mine.

Last edited:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

The sad thing is our fans will still bash dak and blame the success on the running game or top 5 defense.

Even if dak wins a SB he wont get his due. I am starting to believe we have the most ungrateful fans of NFL teams.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The only thing that could have made this post better was if it was followed with the 2 words...….
Platinum Guarantee.
:hammer::laugh:

:lmao:
I asked @GORICO if he was gonna request a user name change from forum command once #80 is floated on down river,the other day,,,,reckon I'm deemed unworthy of a response, as I've cut no sign of a reply as of yeto_O