When we go 14-2, have the 1 rushing attack, top 5 defense, & a passing attack ranked around 10

JustChip

Reaction score
Why?

Powerade is 68 cents for a quart bottle at Walmart in my area (Plano)... Gatorade is $1 a pop for the same amount. Neither brand has the powder mix anymore, sadly.

I wonder if Aldi has a generic equivalent. Walmart used to but they don't anymore.

There's something about the taste of PowerAde, a little too sweet. Kroger runs GA for $.69 a bottle every so often and I stock up when they do.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think that all 3 of those rankings are possible to probable. If you expand it to top 3 rushing offense, top 16 passing offense, and top 10 defense then I think it's a plausible prediction, as it stands it's the higher end of their projection.

If they do have #1 rushing offense, top 10 passing offense, and top 5 defense, then they'd win the superbowl unless they choked in the playoffs but Dallas never does that...
Copy on that!:)

But,It would be WISE in playing that "if" hand of cards, real close to the vest,,,there will probably be a half dozen (ormor) game changers type of players league wide ,that cripple up in training camp ,,,& He who weather's the TRUMP card of attrition, will prevail in it's superior N.F.L. ENDEAVORS
:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Or the Strawberry Watermelon, it's larapin.
:lmao2:,,,ha,ha,how long has that been out ?,,,as I've not sampled it/ seen it/ looked for it,,,,yet,,,:lmao:

* it's hard enough to locate a frickin' small bottle of clamato in a CIRCLE -K,,, these dayso_O

JustChip

Reaction score
Dak is gonna have to get off this streak of 8 bad games in a row and counting!
I think the preseason and the Carolina game is huge. In the later, it's not that he has to go out and put up 250 yards passing, but that he command the offense, read the defense and not make mistakes. Mistakes are going to be made; 2016 was just unrealistic. But it's important to get through the first game and set the tone, even if they lose (although it better be a close loss for the team's sake).

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I think the preseason and the Carolina game is huge. In the LATTER, it's not that he has to go out and put up 250 yards passing, but that he command the offense, read the defense and not make mistakes. Mistakes are going to be made; 2016 was just unrealistic. But it's important to get through the first game and set the tone, even if they lose (although it better be a close loss for the team's sake).

:thumbup:

Dre11

Reaction score
'When we go 14-2, have the 1 rushing attack, top 5 defense, & a passing attack ranked around 10'

You Will know 2 things..... Pigs have begun to fly and its snowing in hell.

Honestly, I appreciate the positivity and enthusiasm and REALLY wished I shared it but, I believe this team is a disaster waiting to happen. That's fine with me though if it means Garrett is sent packing.

Lol...then quit following. Your season is over...lol

JustChip

Reaction score
:lmao2:,,,ha,ha,how long has that been out ?,,,as I've not sampled it/ seen it/ looked for it,,,,yet,,,:lmao:

* it's hard enough to locate a frickin' small bottle of clamato in a CIRCLE -K,,, these dayso_O

Been out since I started buying in late spring/early summer. Don't remember if it was out before. Dude, you gotta try it, after all, they had you in mind when the thunked it up.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Been out since I started buying in late spring/early summer. Don't remember if it was out before. Dude, you gotta try it, after all, they had you in mind when the thunked it up.
COPY!:lmao:

* bro,I pretty much 'retired' two months of 'June' ago,ya,know?:lmao:,,
so, if I'm of a thirsty nature these days in a circle-K,it'd be fer' beer,clamato& seasoned cashews:thumbup:

CPanther95

Reaction score
I had to google Clamato to make sure it wasn't what I was thinking it was.

It was.

I barely refrained from puking.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Most beer is gross but I can't imagine how gross beer with veggies or fruit in it is. Sounds like something for the women.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Think about Dezs perspective, wide open right in front while running and you throw the ball 4 feet behind you, like damn help him out some. Sure it's a tough catch, but getting a lot of errant passes like that takes a toll on you. Again, not making excuses, just calling it how it is.

Watch the clip again.

At *no* point is Dez running during that route. He jogs into a spot, comes under control horizontally, then does a weird skip step forward and to the right for no reason, which puts the ball off to his left. His hands are down low, and don't even *start* moving up until the ball is 5 yards from him. If he just had his hands up, he catches the ball no problem. If he doesn't do the skip step, the ball hits him in the body even if he puts his hands behind his back.

All Dez.

Dez gave a clinic on lackadaisical form from start to finish.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Disagree.

The NFC South is pretty good, but I don't think the schedule is too terrible. We get NO at home and you know they tend to kind of stink on the road in the Brees era. We get Carolina and Cam Newton in an even year, and he doesn't play well in even years. Our road AFC South games are against the middling Texans and dreadful Colts, and we draw Jacksonville and Tennessee (who will regress this year) at home. We get the flailing Seahawks on the road, but we've won there before when they were at their peak and virtually invincible at home. We get lucky and get Detroit, not Green Bay this year. We crushed them at our home the last time we faced them, and that was when DET had far more to play for than we did.

Then we have the Eagles twice... dogfight... and 4 games against two teams which will be middling (6-9 win range) at best.

I wouldn't say it's a schedule with above average difficulty. However, because of injuries and such, you just don't know in July.

Even years? You lost me right there. That is no way to analyze. I do agree with NO on the road.

Them

Reaction score
... will people stop making Dak out to be some sort of a joke?

I love Witten, one of the GOATs at tight end, very honorable man, but he was the slowest tight end in the league last year, and has been among the slowest for quite awhile actually. Never was a speed threat but a savvy player and elite route runner, but the last 3 years he just looks like an average 55 year old drunken couch potato running out there. His prowess in run blocking has been savaged by a pretty substantial uptick in holding and false start penalties on running plays lately. He held the offense back last year, it's safe to say.

Dez Bryant, on the other hand, was simply a clown. No question, he held the offense and the entire team back last year, not just by bringing overall bad vibes to the team with his childish drama queen act but also with his poor performance. He was being paid roughly Julio Jones money to saunter around the field, run half-a$sed routes, mope when he doesn't get the ball thrown his way, and proceed to derp when Dak did hit him in the hands. The first two games of the season were the microchasm of why we needed to cut this cancer. The first game, he drops two straight passes in the endzone and doesn't even try on a third, leading to a chip shot field goal. The second game, he quits on a fade route and just stares as Aqib Talib merrily dances back to the other endzone... with the ball. And then the horrors of the Seattle game... yeah, he's done. He'll be lucky to ever play another NFL down, and I think there's a good chance he doesn't.

******* We needed to get rid of both of them, without hurting Witten's feelings, and we did just that.

Cowboys will be among the very best in the NFL in 2018. The 5th seed may very well be one of the two great NFC East teams at 12-4 or better. We will contend and we will finally have the defense to rise up and challenge the Matt Ryan's, Aaron Rodgers' and Drew Brees' of the world when it counts most.
:star:
...Dang I hope you right!...can hardly wait!

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Even years? You lost me right there. That is no way to analyze. I do agree with NO on the road.
It's not that it's an even year or odd year per se, but Newton has never, ever had two good seasons in a row and he's been in the league for awhile now. Some players are just like that... they blow their energy in one year (Cam was very good last year for the most part, not as good as 2015 but about on par with 2013) and mail it in or play exhausted the next, and are able to refuel and be good again by the following year.

Newton stank it up in 2014 and 2016 after playing like an elite QB the previous year. Maybe it's a schematic thing, maybe he's tired, who knows, but I like the Cowboys to make Vietnamese cat pho soup out of the Panthers in week 1 in Charlotte.

Flamma

Reaction score
... will people stop making Dak out to be some sort of a joke?

I love Witten, one of the GOATs at tight end, very honorable man, but he was the slowest tight end in the league last year, and has been among the slowest for quite awhile actually. Never was a speed threat but a savvy player and elite route runner, but the last 3 years he just looks like an average 55 year old drunken couch potato running out there. His prowess in run blocking has been savaged by a pretty substantial uptick in holding and false start penalties on running plays lately. He held the offense back last year, it's safe to say.

Dez Bryant, on the other hand, was simply a clown. No question, he held the offense and the entire team back last year, not just by bringing overall bad vibes to the team with his childish drama queen act but also with his poor performance. He was being paid roughly Julio Jones money to saunter around the field, run half-a$sed routes, mope when he doesn't get the ball thrown his way, and proceed to derp when Dak did hit him in the hands. The first two games of the season were the microchasm of why we needed to cut this cancer. The first game, he drops two straight passes in the endzone and doesn't even try on a third, leading to a chip shot field goal. The second game, he quits on a fade route and just stares as Aqib Talib merrily dances back to the other endzone... with the ball. And then the horrors of the Seattle game... yeah, he's done. He'll be lucky to ever play another NFL down, and I think there's a good chance he doesn't.

******* We needed to get rid of both of them, without hurting Witten's feelings, and we did just that.

Cowboys will be among the very best in the NFL in 2018. The 5th seed may very well be one of the two great NFC East teams at 12-4 or better. We will contend and we will finally have the defense to rise up and challenge the Matt Ryan's, Aaron Rodgers' and Drew Brees' of the world when it counts most.

14-2 would be nice. I think our best win percentage record was 12-2, and most wins 13-3. But I don't care about record, just how good the team is. All 13-3 teams are not created equal.

I agree with you on Witten and Dez. In fact, I was more surprised by Dak's success due to who he had to throw to, rather than him being a 4th round pick. Both Witten and Dez in 2016 were not the same players Romo threw the ball to. So who do we have left? And they still won 13 games. A lot of that was due to Zeke, but we still have him. I have to believe we're better off at WR than we were in 2016.

Oh, one more thing......Despite Witten's age and speed he still ran that post in the redzone or just outside the redzone like he was 30 years old.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's not that it's an even year or odd year per se, but Newton has never, ever had two good seasons in a row and he's been in the league for awhile now. Some players are just like that... they blow their energy in one year (Cam was very good last year for the most part, not as good as 2015 but about on par with 2013) and mail it in or play exhausted the next, and are able to refuel and be good again by the following year.

Newton stank it up in 2014 and 2016 after playing like an elite QB the previous year. Maybe it's a schematic thing, maybe he's tired, who knows, but I like the Cowboys to make Vietnamese cat pho soup out of the Panthers in week 1 in Charlotte.

With Newton their season goes up and down with their defense. And his receivers are always getting hurt.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Heading into the season my hope as always is winning the NFC East. I think if Dak can go out and produce with all the question marks he faces at WR and TE then he truly is the man to lead this franchise. Dak has things he needed to improve on as well and must show it this season. I would say any QB heading into a season with what will likely be a complete change at WR (Dez gone, Williams likely gone) and TE faces a great challenge.