When will Jerry get tired of this D not being able to stop the run?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kskboys, Oct 12, 2019 at 10:14 AM.

1. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

14,613 Messages
    16,680 Likes Received
    Just wondering if heads are eventually going to roll on this. This D does look good/great at times, but then at times we play the ole' D and can't stop anyone. I'm not sure it can be fixed w/o some personnel changes.

2. ultron

ultron Well-Known Member

1,234 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    Jerry hasn't played since his days at the university of Arkansas - I don't think he'll be able to stop the run in his late 70's

3. kskboys

14,613 Messages
    16,680 Likes Received
    Well, if they brought me in w/ my old man smell, those OL's would run the other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

24,331 Messages
    12,443 Likes Received
    We get A Woods back Sunday so I’d say if we continue to get blown off the ball for 2-3 more weeks in a row, Jerry might actually notice...

5. BoysfaninVegas

BoysfaninVegas Well-Known Member

2,446 Messages
    3,693 Likes Received
    When will Jerry hire a real football GM?

cowboyblue22, morat1959 and Bullflop like this.
  6. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

2,676 Messages
    1,310 Likes Received
    I'd pay good money to see him try!

Fredbeard likes this.
  7. sbark

sbark Zone Supporter

6,955 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    Makes me wonder as we watch conventional 4-3's play the run much more effectively....and pressure, sack the qb on very same if not better levels.....their lb are protected much better.

Give me a belchek , Jimmie Johnson, or zimmer 4-3 .....

mahoneybill, DuncanIso and kskboys like this.
  8. kskboys

14,613 Messages
    16,680 Likes Received
    I feel sorry for our LB's. They are being overwhelmed due to a weak/strange/undermanned/bad scheme front.

brooksey1, CF74, boxer-rumble and 2 others like this.
  9. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

1,369 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    We run 4-2-5 almost every play.

4-2-5 offman/press

it’s not a strong formation vs the run.

Shinaoi likes this.
  10. Shinaoi

Shinaoi Well-Known Member

3,044 Messages
    4,771 Likes Received
    Both Jason and Jerry have talked about it on the radio interviews and what I gleaned from both is they don’t think the players are doing their job. Jason said people are trying to hard and not playing as a unit and Jerry sort of repeated it. And while this maybe true it also shows that they don’t find the system at fault. Which has been the motto around here for years. They have a way of just forcing a system over and over without adjusting to our own players strength. They will keep trotting our this defensive scheme and when the line keeps getting beat scream that if only the players would do it right. Yet somehow other teams find ways to get their guys to do it right so what is the true issue here? At some point you have to wonder if the process just doesn’t work the way you want it to then the process is broke!

these linebackers are being put out in a position to lose because of the lousy gap scheme on the line. They are running around and missing because they are chasing plays after they happen.

11. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

13,120 Messages
    6,585 Likes Received
    when ticket sales drop. JJ aint worried. Money first, fans later on.

and i ll save ya the time. Stephen is no different.

morat1959 likes this.
  12. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

3,987 Messages
    4,419 Likes Received
    If we are being honest.....we were able to stop the run. Then Kris took over the LBs and offenses figured him out. What the Rams did to us in the playoffs last season will be duplicated over and over again until Kris makes an adjustment and not blame the LBs for a lack of discipline.

buybuydandavis and kskboys like this.
  13. CB61

CB61 Zone Supporter

5,567 Messages
    3,036 Likes Received
    You could ask that question about the entire team he is well aware of the problems and just about everybody in the media and that knows anything about football has criticised him the way he runs the team why would he worry about the defense alone? As long as the Dallas Cowboys continue to be in the top 5 franchises in the world regardless if they win anything or not Jerry makes money that's all he cares about and the publicity that Strokes his ego

morat1959 and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  14. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

13,088 Messages
    11,186 Likes Received
    UNTIL WE MISS THE PLAYOFFS. As long as he thinks we have hope, he will do nothing.

ShiningStar likes this.
  15. Rayman70

13,088 Messages
    11,186 Likes Received
    Jerry is delusionally optimistic to a fault.

Melonfeud, atlantacowboy and kskboys like this.
  16. Rayman70

13,088 Messages
    11,186 Likes Received
    the defensive scheme is hurting the players ability to tackle. TOO MUCH THINKING. Simplify the defensive scheme, let them play..turn them lose to read and react. Until we do that, and streamline the scheme, we will look bad. That means firing Marinelli first.

Hadenough and Shinaoi like this.
  17. Rayman70

13,088 Messages
    11,186 Likes Received
    when we have a museum and art gallery in our practice facility and field, you must question if its overkill and becoming too posh of an atmosphere to play ball and practice. I MEAN, whats the players' motivation really? They keep being told how great they are over and over..so why shall they give more on game day?

PA Cowboy Fan and atlantacowboy like this.
  18. morat1959

morat1959 Well-Known Member

1,691 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    This!

Rayman70 likes this.
  19. Rayman70

13,088 Messages
    11,186 Likes Received
    WILL MCclay is the GM..just not in name/title.

Shinaoi likes this.
  20. morat1959

morat1959 Well-Known Member

1,691 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    I’m doing my part. Have been for many years now.

CB61 and ShiningStar like this.