Where are you on the Cowboys fan anger meter today?

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm at a 2 or 3.

I love the Cowboys. I keep track of every newsworthy event and I love talking about them. But they're just too predictable for me to get truly upset anymore.

The only thing that makes me a little heated is knowing that we were 100% outcoached against the Rams; and despite our coaching ineptitude, Jerry is probably going to keep most/all of the staff intact. THAT is what irritates me to no end is that it seems the organization, as a whole, is content with being good, but not great.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m not angry. Only because the Rams were the better team. I haven’t been able to say that In the past. GB Gents etc. I was really impressed by them.

I want the offense changed though. It’s time already.

Sydla

Reaction score
After listening to Jerry just say that Garrett is apparently one of the greatest coaches and would be such a hot commodity on the open market, I no longer have anger.

I just feel sad. We are staring at years of this kind of play.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd say more apathetic than angry. I find that I'm caring less and less and spending less time and certainly less money on something I'm getting less and less enjoyment out of.

But since the game, it hasn't been good to hear about how the Rams knew our tendencies - that we didn't ourselves - and knew what was coming "90% of the time". And hearing Garrett talk about "not expecting staff changes" only to then hear Stephen Jones publicly correcting him.

Apathy is growing.
Bingo. Describes me fairly well... Increasingly apathetic. Oh well, who cares (see what I did there?)

wecasa

Reaction score
I don't know that it's anger anymore. I've seen it all before. The highs, lows, everything in between. It's more frustration and disappointment. So my anger level is probably a 2. Just because Jerry and company are going to do just enough to stay in the playoff conversation and keep the team profitable. To get to the next level, a lot of tough decisions have to be made. And nobody is willing to make them.

Reaction score
I have made the analogy of my being a Cowboys fan to being a child living in an abusive household.

I am always scared to get happy and believe things are getting better or stay good. As soon as that happens my heart gets ripped out and the metaphorical Jerry Jones fist smashes me in the face to teach me a lesson.

Today my Cowboys anger is at a 7...this could change

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I was much younger the disappointment would have lingered longer. At my current age, and with kids and grandkids and other things in my life, this doesn't remotely qualify as something that I will waste a lot of time being upset about. It's still important to me, but well down my list of priorities.

John813

Reaction score
I wasn't angry after Goff converted the first down.

Just like the Dez catch and other fails.

Haven't got mad over anything Cowboys related since maybe the Santana Moss debacle.

gmb1

Reaction score
Haven't been angry with the Cowboys since 2014. That's when I got my wakeup call.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm not all that mad.

We lost to a good team in their house. We were outcoached which will always remain a possibility as long as Garrett is here.

What frustrates me is this organization's desperate need to justify their decisions by immediately running out and saying that one, Linehan is safe, and two, we aren't advocates of free agency. If those two specific things don't change, nothing else will matter, and our ceiling is one and done in the playoffs.

The Cowboys philosophy appears to be hoping that everyone else will get worse next year rather than any attempt for us to get better.

jsb357

Reaction score
Frankly it is illogical to be angry with the results of an expected outcome.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen are really going to be in trouble as us old fans start to die out. Doubt the next generation will be so loyal.

catiii

Reaction score
I am usually at a 6 minimum in the Garrett era. Before the game I was down to a 2 or 3. Happiest I have been as a fan in a while. Since Saturday I have gotten worse. The outcome was so predictable (McVey dramatically out coaching Garrett) but I just did not want to see it.

That Linehan is still with the Cowboys and the old drunk has not come out and provided some direction for next year has me back at a 10.

This roster is too good to waste on that coaching staff. The window is 3 years. No more.

:mad: Especially after he excused his epic fail in the name of Tom Landry. Disgusting new low.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm not angry at Jerry. He's is what he is -- the modern day PT Barnum. He doesn't care one bit about the fans or actually winning as long as he's famous, comfortable, relevant, and rich. No surprise there.

I am frustrated at our local media who buy into his BS that he and his puppet coach are actually doing a good job. The only hope of getting Jerry's attention is media pressure, and they won't do it because 1) they like Garrett personally and 2) they're soft and comfortable themselves. Long gone are the days when the media saw themselves as the voice of the fan. And that's sad.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm not angry at Jerry. He's is what he is -- the modern day PT Barnum. He doesn't care one bit about the fans or actually winning as long as he's famous, comfortable, relevant, and rich. No surprise there.

I am frustrated at our local media who buy into his BS that he and his puppet coach are actually doing a good job. The only hope of getting Jerry's attention is media pressure, and they won't do it because 1) they like Garrett personally and 2) they're soft and comfortable themselves. Long gone are the days when the media saw themselves as the voice of the fan. And that's sad.
well said. He IS who hes always been more or less. He's a snake oil salesman that every now and again gets something right. The local DFW media is complicit in helping selling the fools Gold in heaping spoon fulls.