Where can we do better as Cowboy fans?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
again who gives flip revenue vs results it business this isnt HS football get your head out of the clouds..fans watch football discuss football etc. etc the money had less then zero effect on how fans should view their team.. its an obsession's and fools errands trying to make connection between both..

jeez dude let it go..ughh:facepalm:
NEVER

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Stop watching, stop buying, stop blogging, stop all things Cowboys that generate revenue and that will eventually help. Jerry has one rule and it revolves around gold. That's really the only way IMO.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How can we help the organization and team each day from here on out until the end of the season?
Really nothing actually. Jerry’s not going anywhere no matter what we do

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Stop buying merchandise and just watch the games at home. I know that won’t hurt his wallet enough but if he sees a drop in sales and at least some empty seats, he notices. His ego and pride can be hurt more than his wallet.

Back in 2015, the last time this team was on a similar slide, a reporter asked him a question that really pissed him off. The question came after another embarrassing home loss.- “Jerry, are you embarrassed by this performance today?” He bristled, “Embarrassed? Have you seen this stadium?” He hates feeling embarrassed. That’s how to get his attention. He actually is a the most insecure billionaire on the planet who has to always believe he’s respected as a football man.
TV revenue. That’s what pays the players salary. That’s the only thing that would hurt Jerry stop drinking beer and who’s going to do that. LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only way to hurt the franchise is the stop drinking beer. LOL it’s what pays the player salary and put money in Jerry’s pocket. It’s all about TV revenue and nothing else

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Easy. Stop spending money, attending games and watching on TV. If you can’t do all then do what you can. And not just this year but until he steps down.

A huge hit on revenue is only means to get his attention. Currently we are sending him the wrong message with #1 in Revenue.

It would be like continuing going to the worse restaurant in town even if the food sucked. Why would you support it?

The VERY TINY faction of people here that claim to be Cowboys fans and then stop watching and buying Cowboys stuff compared to the millions of cowboys fans world wide Jones will never miss and if he ever was told about them he would probably say good ridden.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think Jerry already got the message.

He didn't get rid of Garrett because he quit liking him. He saw the die hard fans were reaching the breaking point.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The VERY TINY faction of people here that claim to be Cowboys fans and then stop watching and buying Cowboys stuff compared to the millions of cowboys fans world wide Jones will never miss and if he ever was told about them he would probably say good ridden.
I can’t comprehend that people still don’t get this. Does anybody have a clue about finances.

Cowboys=SuperBowl

Reaction score
How can we help the organization and team each day from here on out until the end of the season?
The real question is how can the organization be better for us fans?! That is where it’s at. I am so sick of mediocrity and false hopes.

sideon

Reaction score
Stop spending money
Stop celebrating embarrassing wins against mediocre teams
Stop giving Jerry a pass for past glory
Stop treating mediocre players like they're the triplets

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Get the Jones to quit with telling the team "We're the Dallas Cowboys, we're the best, we must continue to be the best" all the while building a country club type atmosphere what with training camp in 72 degree weather, building The Star, etc.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
One reason I think fans always say, “It will never work” is they can’t believe enough people will stop buying jerseys and tickets. But all a fan should worry about is himself.

I can’t control anyone but me. But each of us have tremendous power over this situation. But it’s just on an individual basis. I haven’t bought Cowboys merchandise in many years. I’m just one person. But it makes me feel good. I’m in charge of my sports dollar.

I go to Mavs, Stars and Rangers games because I believe there is a sincere attempt to win at each of those organizations. They have all either won a championship or been to championship games multiple times over the last 20 years while we watched the Cowboys do nothing. I’m in control my sports dollars.

The Cowboys are still my favorite because that’s my first sports team I remember loving. I’ll be damned if I let the Jones cartel hold me hostage. I refuse to surrender my fandom because of the Jones. Where I can exercise my power and still remain a fan is until there are changes at the top- as in Jerry steps aside- My sports dollar avoids buying Cowboys products.

I’m still a fan and I still want them to win. But I don’t think it happens without changes at the top. So my resistance is just part of me being a Cowboys fan- part of me expressing my loyalty to the Star on that helmet, not the rich fool running it.

The way you explained yourself deep down you hope more will do the same, but as I've said many times the very tiny fraction of Cowboys fans here that decide to do that compared to the millions of fans world wide won't be missed and Jones will never even know about them.

Jones like all the other NFL owners make the largest part of their money from their teams from their share of the TV contracts. Jones is not going to even feel not selling a hundred jerseys and for every ticket you don't buy there will be someone that will so he won't miss that either.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The funniest thing in sports is how delusional fans are about their importance.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Literally the only way to have even a remote effect on the Cowboys is with your pocket book. Even then, Jerry makes so much money from endorsements and other places, the Cowboys could play in an empty stadium for a decade and he still wouldn't change.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Voicing our concerns doesn’t need to make an impact to ease our pain. But we have seen how he reacts to public opinion. Its not always the reaction we’d hope for. Keeping the pressure on is worthwhile regardless the reactions.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Literally the only way to have even a remote effect on the Cowboys is with your pocket book. Even then, Jerry makes so much money from endorsements and other places, the Cowboys could play in an empty stadium for a decade and he still wouldn't change.
Who knows , we’ve never forced the issue. Instead we’ve rewarded him with mediocrity. I’d argue we have been sending him the wrong message.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The way you explained yourself deep down you hope more will do the same, but as I've said many times the very tiny fraction of Cowboys fans here that decide to do that compared to the millions of fans world wide won't be missed and Jones will never even know about them.

Jones like all the other NFL owners make the largest part of their money from their teams from their share of the TV contracts. Jones is not going to even feel not selling a hundred jerseys and for every ticket you don't buy there will be someone that will so he won't miss that either.
Are you in favor of rewarding our ownership with #1 revenue with the results this era?

Normally record revenue is connected to success on the field.