Where do you stand on Garrett and why?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ranching, May 17, 2019.

1. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

5,857 Messages
    3,402 Likes Received
    Except the offense put points on the board in the games lost. The defense all of a sudden got better when Wade left.....lol

Corso and Ranching like this.
  2. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

19,584 Messages
    50,455 Likes Received
    Lol! You're a good dude! Salud!

Runwildboys, waldoputty and Corso like this.
  3. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

19,584 Messages
    50,455 Likes Received
    Because the offense kept them off the field. Duh!

Corso and waldoputty like this.
  4. Fire407

Fire407 Well-Known Member

342 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    I disagree about him being a conservative coach. He is a very inconsistent coach. On numerous occasions when its first and goal he will choose to pass on three downs instead of doing the conservative thing and handing the ball to Zeke, Then in the Rams game on 4th down, Zeke gets the handoff when everyone watching the game knew the Rams would be keying on it. Garrett tries to outguess himself. I want him replaced and I don't care who replaces him or what their record is as a first year coach, because Jerry will have a shorter leash on the next guy and not treat him as a son. Garrett has been given more than a fair chance here to learn on the job.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  5. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

18,090 Messages
    10,470 Likes Received
    Right .. doesn’t sound serious to me.

I’m thinking I need a pitchfork to join the Lynch Mob. Lol

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  6. Diehardblues

18,090 Messages
    10,470 Likes Received
    I’ve used the Lynch Mob reference often when summarizing a segment who continually bash.

There are others who have used an attachment with a Lynch Mob with pitchforks marching when discussing firing Garrett.

7. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

7,911 Messages
    6,276 Likes Received
    We've eliminated some possible reasons for not advancing in the playoffs past the division round and we've added some beef on the DL and some depth at DE. Changed most of the coaching staff. If that doesn't change things.... NEXT! And we know who Mr Next is

Ranching likes this.
  8. Diehardblues

18,090 Messages
    10,470 Likes Received
    Perhaps the rest of that was a reach. I re thought and deleted. But yes, there are and why ive used that term.

Ranching likes this.
  9. Diehardblues

18,090 Messages
    10,470 Likes Received
    Garrett is the probably the best puppet we can hope for with Jethro and Son.

yimyammer likes this.
  10. Diehardblues

18,090 Messages
    10,470 Likes Received
    Garrett has brought some class and respectability back to one of the most classless franchises since Jerry let Jimmy go. It’s been pretty much an embarrassment ever since to our franchise , city and community.

11. Diehardblues

18,090 Messages
    10,470 Likes Received
    Under Jerry’s intent to prove he’s a Football Guy without a HC like Jimmy it’s been the most difficult era in our stories franchise history.

So frustrating I had to walk away from a lifetime of attending Cowboy games after over 4 decades.

yimyammer likes this.
  12. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

16,943 Messages
    31,622 Likes Received
    He's a mediocre coach. Don't think we'll ever win with him.

cheyennes likes this.
  13. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

1,835 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    You've stated your opinion but it's isn't based on ANY proven facts. Unless you were in on all meetings, practices and on the sidelines during games just what do you base your opinion that Garrett somehow stabbed (it's either Wade Phillips or Wade Wilson) in the back? Phillips was a defensive guru and didn't know much on offense. When the Cowboys defense was no longer a top defense, Phillips was let go because he did know offense. If his defense wasn't performing and he didn't know offense why would they keep him? Phillips never lasted very long as a head coach and that should tell you something.

Ranching likes this.
  14. acr731

acr731 Well-Known Member

1,921 Messages
    4,290 Likes Received
    Garrett sucks monkey balls. Why? Because I said so.

Pantone282C, ShortRound131 and Corso like this.
  15. BigDPlayer

BigDPlayer Active Member

554 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Good lord, get over the hate already! JG has transformed this franchise into a legit contender, the team plays hard, the talent is DEEP, the PROCESS is in place and paying dividends. Gone are the days of JJ wildcatting and over-paying. Stephen and JG are a big part of that evolution.

Y'all just need to chillax and enjoy the ride. The needle is pointing UP and UP and we're building a team and culture that is seriously legit for the long term. If you don't like that because in 2012 he didn't opt to kick a FG or call a TO in enough time, get over it. We're poised to ride this train to the promised land and our team is STRONG, DEEP, YOUNG and HUNGRY! Enjoy it.

Runwildboys likes this.
  16. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

6,260 Messages
    8,292 Likes Received
    He's had a decade and hasn't been out of the second round. What more do we need to see?

17. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

1,835 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    I see he's allowed to have his opinion but I'm not. Either you agree with what's said or don't say anything. I see how it works. To bad this is open to everyone and everyone can express their opinions.

18. Idgit

Idgit Riding the Red Rocket Staff Member

55,660 Messages
    54,536 Likes Received
    Spoken like a man who knew what was probably good for him. :)

cheyennes, Ranching and Corso like this.
  19. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

5,857 Messages
    3,402 Likes Received
    Lol...when you're s doing that's what you want, when the defense gets on the field they have to get stops, they didn't. They put 30 points and still lose

Corso and Ranching like this.
  20. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

2,539 Messages
    3,229 Likes Received
    It's a mystery?! A dozen years with him ain't enough.