1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Where does Dak Prescott rank among QBs in NFL?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

18,085 Messages
    20,551 Likes Received
    Dak can make all the throws you need. People say he can't throw a back shoulder fade tell them to go watch him throw one to Gallup against the Jags last season who have 2 very good CBs

Whirlwin likes this.
  2. Irvin88_4life

18,085 Messages
    20,551 Likes Received
    Dak has never had a 8-8 season, he isn't Romo who did it 3 straight years. Dak has never had a losing record in the NFL and averages 11 wins a season.

3. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

6,833 Messages
    8,586 Likes Received
    You can always count on the irvin88_4life troll to crank out an embarrassing take...

4. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

26,381 Messages
    9,526 Likes Received
    I like your enthusiasm for Dak.
    But Dak really is a middle of the pack QB. Count on it, lad.

5. Irvin88_4life

18,085 Messages
    20,551 Likes Received
    Stats say otherwise. It's not my fault you have a personal issue with Dak and blinded by your dislike.

6. GimmeTheBall!

26,381 Messages
    9,526 Likes Received
    You need a life.
    Go hiking or door to door for the Jehovah's.

7. GimmeTheBall!

26,381 Messages
    9,526 Likes Received
    OK

Whirlwin likes this.
  8. doomsday9084

doomsday9084 Well-Known Member

528 Messages
    820 Likes Received
    Again, this seems like an attempt to give credit to a team stat to an individual. There are other factors at play. Dallas' huge offensive line and Zeke pound on people all game long. By the 4th quarter, they start to break down and Zeke starts getting his big runs.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ezekielelliott/2555224/situationalstats?season=2018

They effectively have "clutch" stats for RB's too. Zeke is a monster when the game is close late.

I can say that without Zeke's clutch factor over the last three years, this is a 0.500 team at best too. The thing is, without Zeke, the Cowboys really are a 0.500 team without him.
    With Zeke 29-13
    Without Zeke 3-3
    This really happened.

I would go further and point out that a lot of Dak's stats this past year were really short throws to Coop that he busted it long. Those yards go to Dak but the real playmaker there was Cooper.

Again, I'm not completely trying to denigrate Dak. I just think that giving Dak the lion's share of the credit for wins is completely unfair to his teammates. Based on all the stats, Zeke, Cooper and the defense have the biggest impact on winning or losing.

morat1959 and mcmvp like this.
  9. charron

charron Well-Known Member

5,821 Messages
    6,138 Likes Received

Him having high character is good. Anyone thinking he is worth 30 million a year isn't so good.

10. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

2,229 Messages
    1,961 Likes Received
    6'2" maybe

11. dallas72

dallas72 Well-Known Member

1,369 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Stafford is 6-46 vs teams over .500.....Stafford had arguably the greatest WR in last 15 years and has 0 playoff wins....Stafford puts up big yards all 4th Q because they are down by 20...Stafford isnt good

DakPresgoat likes this.
  12. dallas72

dallas72 Well-Known Member

1,369 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Well Dak has all the intangibles you want a QB to have....poor coaching & playcalling have hurt him...He also hasnt had a #1 WR except for last 9 games....Dez was a shell....Dak also played in a offense built for Romo & dispite what people say our Oline has not been good..Dak running for his life every play...w a full camp with new WRs and return of our pro bowl Center..this is Daks best chance to show us

13. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

17,061 Messages
    21,853 Likes Received
    Remember what you posted in the first place:

"Basically, factors outside of Dak determine the outcome of games. He is a bus driver type that isn't going to lose you the game but if the rest of the team performs poorly (Rams game), Dak isn't saving you. If you look through the game log, the defensive performance is really what determines wins and losses."

Now you've moved away from "defensive performance determines wins and losses," and "factors outside of Dak determine the outcome" to "Dak's performance isn't the only factor that determines the outcome."

I agree 100% with your new take.

DakPresgoat likes this.
  14. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

12,221 Messages
    13,058 Likes Received
    He hit Bryant a few times as well.

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  15. IndianaCowboys1994

IndianaCowboys1994 Well-Known Member

1,066 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    My only question about rankings is why does it matter if Dak Prescott is a top 5 QB? In two-three years he will be outside the top ten in highest paid QBs...I think he can easily be anywhere from 6-12 in his prime. Here is a list of guys in the last 20 that won a Super Bowl and weren't top 5 QBs that year:
    2000 Dilfer
    2001 Brady
    2002 Johnson
    2005 Roethlisberger
    2007 Manning
    2008 Roethlisberger
    2011 Manning
    2012 Flacco
    2013 Wilson
    2015 Manning
    2017 Foles

So of the last 19 Super Bowls 11 QB's were outside of the top 5 that season and about 8 were top 5 QBs. You don't need an All-Pro QB to win a Super Bowl, heck maybe not even a Pro-Bowl QB. Have a good roster around you, which Dallas does.

817Gill likes this.
  16. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

2,482 Messages
    3,853 Likes Received
    Somewhere in the 11-13 range this year. I think he'll be a bonafide top 10 guy going into next season.

IndianaCowboys1994 likes this.
  17. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

52,977 Messages
    20,861 Likes Received
    Don't start with this. Cousins is not a scrub and that situation is unique because of the teams but who cares, Cousins didn't make 30 so he's not in the discussion. Jimmy G didn't either so you have no point. Russell has won a Super Bowl and is flat better then any of thes other QBs. Dak aint Russell. So lets review. The statement was that Dak was 30 because it's the going rate. Well, we'll see but to this point, I haven't seen it yet and lastly, if no average QB is making 30 a year, then you can't make that statement because it isn't true. That's it, there is no middle ground there. No more reviews, there is nothing to review. That's the truth and unless you have credible evidence to refute that, there is nothing to review.

18. IndianaCowboys1994

IndianaCowboys1994 Well-Known Member

1,066 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    I just don't get the hate and disrespect on Dak. Just like I don't get the hate and disrespect Romo had.

817Gill likes this.
  19. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

17,960 Messages
    14,839 Likes Received
    You’re right that those guys aren’t the standard - the market has increased Since Garopplo and Cousins signed. As for Garoppolo, sure he was short of $30MM, but he also only had something like 80-90 regular season NFL passes under his belt.

20. RJ_MacReady

RJ_MacReady mcompact

3,125 Messages
    5,776 Likes Received
    You.Just.Don't.Get.It.

Stay dense, Ponyboy...stay dense..