Where does Dak Prescott rank among QBs in NFL?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If being destroyed by a defense is 16/31 295 yards, 3 TD, 0 INTs and leading your team to 31 points I will take it any day. Know how many times we scored 31 or more last year? You can count them on one hand (3). Yes he struggled like all do when pressure comes up the middle, but to say destroyed is a bit much. The defense is the reason they lost that game, not Pat.
You forgot the mistake of the day. Mahomes ran backwards took themselves out of field-goal range they lost. LMAO

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I'd consider the following QBs on my list

Jonathon Moxon
Shane Falco
Willie Beamen
Seth Maxwell
Frank Cushman
Ronnie “Sunshine” Bass
Paul Blake

The following QBs have too many issues

Lance Harbor is always hurt
Bo Callahan has questions about his toughness and leadership
Jimmy Dix has attitude problems and drug issues

I might take a flyer on "Bird" who was young and seemed to be pointed in the right direction after some early trouble with the law

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
How would you rank Dak Prescott among the better QBs in the NFL ?

(in my book)
1 Tom Brady NE
2 Pat Mahomes KC
3 Aaron Rodgers GB
4 Drew Brees NO
5 Russell Wilson Sea
6 Jared Goff LARa
7 Matt Ryan ATL
8 Phillip Rivers LAC
9 Carlson Wentz Phil
10 Andrew Luck Indy
11 Ben Roesthlisberger Pitt
12 Deshaun Watson Hou
13 DAK PRESCOTT Dal * *
14 Matthew Stafford Det
15 Baker Mayfield Clev
16 Derek Carr Oak
17 Cam Newton Car
18 Mitch Trubisky Chic
19 Nick Foles Jax
20 Kirk Cousins Minn

How in the hell is Wentz ahead, that ******

12+88=7

Reaction score
First of all. Show me where I said Prescott is better than Mahomes. Second of all you can't interact different quarterbacks with different teams the scheme is different. Did you forget the Giants game The Ravens game where they turned Prescott loose. He was brilliant do you understand why we don't throw for that many yards. Do you know how many teams lose because they throw for too many yards. Throwing for yardage means absolutely nothing. Anything else you need me to explain to you

You are ripping Mahomes on many post and saying that Prescott is better than some top tier QBs, you are implying this point when all your post are taken in totally.

Schemes are different, but I can say with out a doubt, put Prescott in Kansas City and he would not throw for 5000 yards or 50 touchdowns. Doesn't have the ability.

You point out a couple of games for Prescott being able to pass, but he has played in 48 games. Those games are outliers. I believe the other 95+ percent to be the true indicators of Prescott's passing abilities.

The one comment you made is a classic, "throwing for yardage means absolutely nothing", in a passing league no less. A quarterback's ability to throw the ball is everything!

12+88=7

Reaction score
We took the youngest starting team in the league, to the second round of the playoffs and you call that average LOL

It was the defense that lead the team to the playoffs. The defense gave up 20.2 points a game last year. Make that number 27.2 and Dallas would have missed the playoffs.

The success of the team this year will once again be on the defense. The defense shows up, Dallas wins. If they don't, Dallas will lose.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

(in my book)
1 Tom Brady NE
2 Pat Mahomes KC
3 Aaron Rodgers GB
4 Drew Brees NO
5 Russell Wilson Sea
6 Jared Goff LARa
7 Matt Ryan ATL
8 Phillip Rivers LAC
9 Carlson Wentz Phil
10 Andrew Luck Indy
12 Deshaun Watson Hou
13 DAK PRESCOTT Dal * *
14 Matthew Stafford Det
15 Baker Mayfield Clev
16 Derek Carr Oak
17 Cam Newton Car
18 Mitch Trubisky Chic
19 Nick Foles Jax
20 Kirk Cousins Minn

This list is a little screwy, but I put Goff down to like 15 or 16. Luck and Ben should be top 9. I put Dak in front of Wentz and Goff. I also put Mayfield up there. Ryan probably a little too high.

sean10mm

Reaction score
When Romo was racking up high passing volume and losing, people wished he was more of a conservative game manager. They ignored the yards and touchdowns and complained about the interceptions.

When Dak was being a conservative game manager, and losing people wished he was more of a downfield gunslinger. They ignored the low rate of turnovers and complained about the lack of yards and touchdowns.

Maybe fans should ask how is it that Parcells went 10-6 with Qunicy Carter throwing 17 touchdowns, while Garrett went 8-8 in two seasons where Romo threw 30+ touchdowns.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The statisticians who keep those records watch games with their elbows.

It’s kind of funny how the QB rating and QBR lists you posted, pretty accurately reflect the best QB’s in the league. Guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Luck, Ryan, Russell Wilson, all being toward the top.

But then when it comes to Dak....... nah. His numbers aren’t an accurate reflection.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Matt Ryan ahead Prescott LMAO actually Dak Prescott was the best quarterback in last season's playoffs. I'm sure he loves being underrated. It's fun making people eat their words[/QUote
one of the reasons he was one of the better ones he didn't stay very long

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are ripping Mahomes on many post and saying that Prescott is better than some top tier QBs, you are implying this point when all your post are taken in totally.

Schemes are different, but I can say with out a doubt, put Prescott in Kansas City and he would not throw for 5000 yards or 50 touchdowns. Doesn't have the ability.

You point out a couple of games for Prescott being able to pass, but he has played in 48 games. Those games are outliers. I believe the other 95+ percent to be the true indicators of Prescott's passing abilities.

The one comment you made is a classic, "throwing for yardage means absolutely nothing", in a passing league no less. A quarterback's ability to throw the ball is everything!

Dak has operated in a run first, dumbed down offense under Garrett with marginal, slow, pass catchers. The offense rarely went deep or was aggressive.

When we had to use the hurry up, spread offense late in games Dak bloomed. Its why he has so many late game comeback wins. We also saw what happened when he got a high caliber WR to throw to in Cooper.

You put Dak in a high powered offense like KC with all those weapons and he would take off. Cant say he would put up Mahones numbers, but he would put up much better numbers. If you understand schemes, offense, and coaching, then its easy for you to see this point.

IF Dak didn't have the skills, then these late game heroics he has led the NFL in would never happen.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak has operated in a run first, dumbed down offense under Garrett with marginal, slow, pass catchers. The offense rarely went deep or was aggressive.

When we had to use the hurry up, spread offense late in games Dak bloomed. Its why he has so many late game comeback wins. We also saw what happened when he got a high caliber WR to throw to in Cooper.

You put Dak in a high powered offense like KC with all those weapons and he would take off. Cant say he would put up Mahones numbers, but he would put up much better numbers. If you understand schemes, offense, and coaching, then its easy for you to see this point.

IF Dak didn't have the skills, then these late game heroics he has led the NFL in would never happen.

He could have a horseshoe up his butt. Did you ever consider that?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He could have a horseshoe up his butt. Did you ever consider that?

If the Oline stays healthy, this offense and Dak is going to be near unstoppable. But that is under the assumption that Moore knows what he is doing.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was the defense that lead the team to the playoffs. The defense gave up 20.2 points a game last year. Make that number 27.2 and Dallas would have missed the playoffs.

The success of the team this year will once again be on the defense. The defense shows up, Dallas wins. If they don't, Dallas will lose.
Yet it was the defense that blew the Rams game. Make no mistake about it Prescott is a winner

visionary

Reaction score

(in my book)
1 Tom Brady NE
2 Pat Mahomes KC
3 Aaron Rodgers GB
4 Drew Brees NO
5 Russell Wilson Sea
6 Jared Goff LARa
7 Matt Ryan ATL
8 Phillip Rivers LAC
9 Carlson Wentz Phil
10 Andrew Luck Indy
12 Deshaun Watson Hou
13 DAK PRESCOTT Dal * *
14 Matthew Stafford Det
15 Baker Mayfield Clev
16 Derek Carr Oak
17 Cam Newton Car
18 Mitch Trubisky Chic
19 Nick Foles Jax
20 Kirk Cousins Minn

That’s fair though I would trade Prescott for Stafford, Mayfield or Carr straight up in a heartbeat

I think Dak is way overrated on this board and by this incompetent organization

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

So you think because you get a lot of yardage passing makes you a better quarterback. Did you ever take into consideration that's not what this team is about. They don't want to overexpose the youngest defense in the league that's why we played ball controls Smash Mouth. I don't know what's going to happen this season but Prescott is a winner yes statistically he's top four

dckid

Reaction score

(in my book)
1 Tom Brady NE
2 Pat Mahomes KC
3 Aaron Rodgers GB
4 Drew Brees NO
5 Russell Wilson Sea
6 Jared Goff LARa
7 Matt Ryan ATL
8 Phillip Rivers LAC
9 Carlson Wentz Phil
10 Andrew Luck Indy
12 Deshaun Watson Hou
13 DAK PRESCOTT Dal * *
14 Matthew Stafford Det
15 Baker Mayfield Clev
16 Derek Carr Oak
17 Cam Newton Car
18 Mitch Trubisky Chic
19 Nick Foles Jax
20 Kirk Cousins Minn

Good list. The only change I would make as of today is move Newton above Dak, but after this year I could definitely see Baker Mayfield moving past Dak. I would drop Goff to the same level as Dak.
There is not much anyone can argue, Dak is a middle of the pack QB. It's great for him that he will get highly compensated. Let's say all these QB's hit the market and team's were signing these guys, Dak would go in the 13-18 range.
We as Cowboys fans should be happy to have Dak. Our FO and coaches should be focused on how to unlock Dak even more. I wish we would use more PA, more moving of the pocket. More Qb runs. Play him like Russell Wilson from a few years ago. The glass is full of water.
Do I think he is worth 30 million. No , but I’m not sure if it matters what I think. Qb’s unfortunately have the leverage. I just want a fair deal where if Dak doesn’t perform the Cowboys won’t be in another Romo or Flacco situation. If Dak outperforms give him an out after 3 years. If Dak plays his cards this will not be his last big contract.
If the team keeps on winning he will continue to get paid well. No other team has this cachet in the league. Be the one to lead Dallas to a SB after 24 years.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You have to score more than your opponent. LOL and that's the offense. Wait until we RedZone score this season and not leave points on the field

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Statistically teams that passed for high yardage lose the game. This is not the same old NFL hits about ball control