Where does Dak Prescott rank among QBs in NFL?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is why I don't rank him higher. If He was dominatevor even slightly capable then he wouldn't have to be so great in 4th quarter. What's wrong with 35-14 scores
Do I really have to explain it to. If you score too quickly you given the other team the same opportunity. You're winning the fourth quarter that's today's NFL. Come on people . It's what we do. Doesn't mean I like it or don't like it it just means I understand it. I can't wait to see what the new offenses will look like the Ravens game, the Giants game, he was tremendous he took it over. But it's not what they allow him to do does it mean he can't. No absolutely not. He's more than capable

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The defense is good enough, this year it could be top 5, that it doesn't need protection.

The best way to protect this defense is score 30 points a game, have the opposing team become one dimensional, and then release the hounds.

That "protect the defense by running the ball" was when Dallas was getting their defensive pieces together, that's done. The pieces are in place. Now it's up to the offense to hold up their end.
Who do you blame for not scoring in the Red Zone. Elliott, Prescott, play calling, we left too many points in the field last season. That won't happen this season. So again does it mean we can't it just means we haven't. Come on look at the entire picture rather than just hate Prescott

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So Mahomes gets criticized for being "rattled" by a Belichick defense as a first year starter in a conference championship game while throwing for more yards, more td's and a higher rating then Dak did in his playoff loss at the end of his third full year as a starter.

Mahomes gets blame while Dak gets praise.

If Dak had put up the same numbers as rattled Mahomes did the Cowboys win.

There isn't a coach or GM on the planet that wouldn't take Mahomes over Dak.

Come on man.
So you praise Patrick Mahomes the guy who lost the football game because you ran backwards and took his team out of field-goal range. Imagine if Prescott did that. LMAO and slam Prescott. I see it the other way around. You don't like it oh well. I guess I just understand the scheme the franchise is playing better than you

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Awesome! You have provided the quintessential example of Dakaholic "logic" and "reasoning".

I quote,
"He (Dak) might not win them but he doesn't lose them".

My guess is that you really don't understand what you are saying with that comment.

@Whirlwin
Someone doesn't understand teamwork. Come on are you that uninformed

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Awesome! You have provided the quintessential example of Dakaholic "logic" and "reasoning".

I quote,
"He (Dak) might not win them but he doesn't lose them".

My guess is that you really don't understand what you are saying with that comment.

@Whirlwin
I understood exactly what I wrote. This is the new NFL this is about team this is about camaraderie this isn't about one person. Maybe I'm not the one that doesn't get it , what do you think quarterbacks win all by themselves.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
This is my outlook for 2019. Basing this on how I think we would rank them based on stats. I'm not ranking rookie QBs since we just don't know about them.
1. Aaron Rodgers GB- I think he goes off this year, wins MVP and the division.
2. Andrew Luck Ind- He very well could win the MVP. Parris Cambell and Funchess with a healthy Doyle will only help.
3. Patrick Mahomes KC- If Tyreek plays he is number one. If not, his numbers will decline as they will double team Kelce. Need another weapon.
4. Carson Wentz Phi- I think he gets back to his 2017 form. Sorry but Howard, Sanders, and D Jax are going to help.
5. Baker Mayfield Cle- I believe the hype. Odell is going to have a major impact on this team.
6. Matt Ryan Atl- Still putting up impressive numbers. Needs the team to be healthy this year.
7. Russell Wilson Sea- Team will take a step back but not him. Dude makes crazy plays.
8. Tom Brady NE- If Gronk Plays he probably moves up a few spots. A lot of unproven players outside of Julian. Dink and dunk O.
9. Drew Brees NO- I think his play went down hill 2nd half of season. I think 2019 will be Brees' last unfortunately. Still very good but not top 3 good.
10. Dak Prescott Dal- Hard to put him higher but I think his play will explode with Kellen Moore and Randall Cobb will help.
11. Deshaun Watson Hou- I think he will have a pretty good year but will take a lot of hits. Healthy Deshaun may be top 5.
12. Philip Rivers LAC- I think he will put up impressive numbers for a playoff team. He has a few years left.
13. Jared Goff LAR- I think he takes a step back. I don't trust Gurley this year and it will hurt him. Awful Super Bowl performance.
14. Ben Roethlisberger Pit- They need someone to step up outside of JuJu or his numbers will go down. Could be his last year.
15. Nick Foles Jax- Terrible WR's around him but he is going to make everyone look good. Great for that locker room.
16. Jimmy G SF- I'm drinking the niners kool-aid. I could see him being top ten. They have a good defense and manageable schedule.
17. Cam Newton Car- Don' think he will ever return to MVP or Pro-Bowl Cam.
18. Sam Darnold NYJ- He could be a borderline top ten guy if all goes well. Iffy receivers around him.
19. Kirk Cousins Min- Until he can win Sunday afternoon and primetime games I'm not buying him.
20. Mitchell Trubisky Chi- Really think he is overrated and it will show this year. Don't like the weapons around him.
21. Matthew Stafford Det- On the down side of his career. Less and less around him.
22. Derek Carr Oak- Make or break year for Carr. Not sure he and Gruden will work.
23. Josh Rosen Mia- I could see him being in the top half of the NFL. I think he is ticked off. Hardly any talent around him.
24. Jameis Winston TB- Bruce will help a little but he just makes poor decisions.
25. Joe Flacco Den- I think Drew Lock will take over the second half of the season. Not elite.
26. Andy Dalton Cin- They lost two starters to an already poor O Line. He will have no time to throw. Probably his last year in Cincy.
27. Case Keenum Was- Not sure he even starts week one. Like Haskins a lot. Had one good season.
28. Eli Manning NYG- Giants fans adore Eli. Wouldn't shock me if he starts all 16 games but probably his last season in New York.
29. Marcus Mariota Ten- Can't throw and gets banged up. A lot of Titan fans are fed up with him.
30. Lamar Jackson Bal- I think he will get exposed this year. Lots of young weapons around him. Defense won't be as good meaning he will have to throw.
31. Josh Allen Buf- Just haven't been a fan of him. Had a respectable rookie year. Don't think he has the accuracy to get better.

For rookies:
Kyler- There is talent no doubt. But an often injured RB, young WRs and a terrible O Line. New HC that had a losing record as a college coach. Not good for a rookie QB.
Jones- I don't think he sees the field at all. The Giants are obsessed with Eli. He is probably #2 to them in that organization behind LT. I think he has gotten a lot of unfair treatment. Let's see how he looks in the preseason.
Haskins- I like him, just don't like he is in a place with terrible management. The O Line and RBs will help. Not sure he has good WRs.
Lock- I think he will start the second half of the season. I think he will be solid.
Finley- Could be the wild card of this class. I think Dalton has a terrible season and the Bengals may want to give him a shot at starting to see what he has.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is my outlook for 2019. Basing this on how I think we would rank them based on stats. I'm not ranking rookie QBs since we just don't know about them.
2. Andrew Luck Ind- He very well could win the MVP. Parris Cambell and Funchess with a healthy Doyle will only help.
3. Patrick Mahomes KC- If Tyreek plays he is number one. If not, his numbers will decline as they will double team Kelce. Need another weapon.
4. Carson Wentz Phi- I think he gets back to his 2017 form. Sorry but Howard, Sanders, and D Jax are going to help.
5. Baker Mayfield Cle- I believe the hype. Odell is going to have a major impact on this team.
6. Matt Ryan Atl- Still putting up impressive numbers. Needs the team to be healthy this year.
7. Russell Wilson Sea- Team will take a step back but not him. Dude makes crazy plays.
8. Tom Brady NE- If Gronk Plays he probably moves up a few spots. A lot of unproven players outside of Julian. Dink and dunk O.
9. Drew Brees NO- I think his play went down hill 2nd half of season. I think 2019 will be Brees' last unfortunately. Still very good but not top 3 good.
10. Dak Prescott Dal- Hard to put him higher but I think his play will explode with Kellen Moore and Randall Cobb will help.
11. Deshaun Watson Hou- I think he will have a pretty good year but will take a lot of hits. Healthy Deshaun may be top 5.
12. Philip Rivers LAC- I think he will put up impressive numbers for a playoff team. He has a few years left.
13. Jared Goff LAR- I think he takes a step back. I don't trust Gurley this year and it will hurt him. Awful Super Bowl performance.
14. Ben Roethlisberger Pit- They need someone to step up outside of JuJu or his numbers will go down. Could be his last year.
15. Nick Foles Jax- Terrible WR's around him but he is going to make everyone look good. Great for that locker room.
16. Jimmy G SF- I'm drinking the niners kool-aid. I could see him being top ten. They have a good defense and manageable schedule.
18. Sam Darnold NYJ- He could be a borderline top ten guy if all goes well. Iffy receivers around him.
19. Kirk Cousins Min- Until he can win Sunday afternoon and primetime games I'm not buying him.
20. Mitchell Trubisky Chi- Really think he is overrated and it will show this year. Don't like the weapons around him.
21. Matthew Stafford Det- On the down side of his career. Less and less around him.
22. Derek Carr Oak- Make or break year for Carr. Not sure he and Gruden will work.
23. Josh Rosen Mia- I could see him being in the top half of the NFL. I think he is ticked off. Hardly any talent around him.
24. Jameis Winston TB- Bruce will help a little but he just makes poor decisions.
25. Joe Flacco Den- I think Drew Lock will take over the second half of the season. Not elite.
26. Andy Dalton Cin- They lost two starters to an already poor O Line. He will have no time to throw. Probably his last year in Cincy.
27. Case Keenum Was- Not sure he even starts week one. Like Haskins a lot. Had one good season.
28. Eli Manning NYG- Giants fans adore Eli. Wouldn't shock me if he starts all 16 games but probably his last season in New York.
29. Marcus Mariota Ten- Can't throw and gets banged up. A lot of Titan fans are fed up with him.
30. Lamar Jackson Bal- I think he will get exposed this year. Lots of young weapons around him. Defense won't be as good meaning he will have to throw.
31. Josh Allen Buf- Just haven't been a fan of him. Had a respectable rookie year. Don't think he has the accuracy to get better.
I can't get past your first response. Mr Hail Mary put the ball up for grabs. He hasn't been the same for five seasons. Fix that before I read the rest actually not a bad job overall. I just can't stand Aaron Rodgers

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I can't get past your first response. Mr Hail Mary put the ball up for grabs. He hasn't been the same for five seasons. Fix that before I read the rest actually not a bad job overall. I just can't stand Aaron Rodgers
Sorry man. I HATE Rodgers more than anyone trust me but I think he bounces back this year. QB gets hurt and it takes a year for them to get back to form. Happened to Brady in 2009. He was an MVP the next season. I think Wentz bounces back too (assuming he stays healthy). A-Rog Only had two picks last year. I think he will play better without McCarthy. Regardless, he is top 5. I think they win that weak division and he will put up big numbers.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I think your cowboys fandom rose colored glasses is pushing Dak higher on your list.

the dak fanatics defend Dak for 2017 play and even for 2018, because the OL was bad or average, but claim Dak is good. but you ding Watson for not having a good OL, yet he proved his first year he can play and put up numbers.
Phillip rivers is in the top 10. no questions asked.
Goff beat Dak head to head. He had 4700 yard passing yards. the offense he leads averaged 33 points. you can say it was the coach, the scheme, etc. we can use the same argument if we replace dak with another QB, would they see same results or better in dallas.
Newton and Roth can be argued one way or the other.

dak is in the 12-16 range. which is fair....he is not top 10 though.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I think your cowboys fandom rose colored glasses is pushing Dak higher on your list.

the dak fanatics defend Dak for 2017 play and even for 2018, because the OL was bad or average, but claim Dak is good. but you ding Watson for not having a good OL, yet he proved his first year he can play and put up numbers.
Phillip rivers is in the top 10. no questions asked.
Goff beat Dak head to head. He had 4700 yard passing yards. the offense he leads averaged 33 points. you can say it was the coach, the scheme, etc. we can use the same argument if we replace dak with another QB, would they see same results or better in dallas.
Newton and Roth can be argued one way or the other.

dak is in the 12-16 range. which is fair....he is not top 10 though.
No if I was wearing my homer glasses he would be top 5 :) You can argue Rivers Goff and Watson sure that's totally fine. But with your logic he is top 13 yes?

12+88=7

Reaction score
Who do you blame for not scoring in the Red Zone. Elliott, Prescott, play calling, we left too many points in the field last season. That won't happen this season. So again does it mean we can't it just means we haven't. Come on look at the entire picture rather than just hate Prescott

Never mentioned any player, just a philosophy on how the offense should play.

But of course you have Prescott on the mind and believe it's a swipe at him.

This is what I mentioned in a previous post, you are so locked in on your position on Prescott that's how you read every post. Are they taking a swipe at my guy, even when they are not.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
How would you rank Dak Prescott among the better QBs in the NFL ?

(in my book)
1 Tom Brady NE
2 Pat Mahomes KC
3 Aaron Rodgers GB
4 Drew Brees NO
5 Russell Wilson Sea
6 Jared Goff LARa
7 Matt Ryan ATL
8 Phillip Rivers LAC
9 Carlson Wentz Phil
10 Andrew Luck Indy
11 Ben Roesthlisberger Pitt
12 Deshaun Watson Hou
13 DAK PRESCOTT Dal * *
14 Matthew Stafford Det
15 Baker Mayfield Clev
16 Derek Carr Oak
17 Cam Newton Car
18 Mitch Trubisky Chic
19 Nick Foles Jax
20 Kirk Cousins Minn

Ummmmm

Goff goes below him. Wentz goes below him. Watson definitely goes below him. Jeez with that one. I could argue Ryan goes below him. Mayfield goes ahead of him. Stafford???? So I would put him at 10 or 11.

aaev84

Reaction score
I would think anywhere from number 10 to 20 a reasonable argument could be made on both extremes... so essentially above average - average - below average. So essentially average if you added up the strongest and weakest supporters here.

Hadenough

Reaction score
How would you rank Dak Prescott among the better QBs in the NFL ?

(in my book)
1 Tom Brady NE
2 Pat Mahomes KC
3 Aaron Rodgers GB
4 Drew Brees NO
5 Russell Wilson Sea
6 Jared Goff LARa
7 Matt Ryan ATL
8 Phillip Rivers LAC
9 Carlson Wentz Phil
10 Andrew Luck Indy
11 Ben Roesthlisberger Pitt
12 Deshaun Watson Hou
13 DAK PRESCOTT Dal * *
14 Matthew Stafford Det
15 Baker Mayfield Clev
16 Derek Carr Oak
17 Cam Newton Car
18 Mitch Trubisky Chic
19 Nick Foles Jax
20 Kirk Cousins Minn
Pretty decent list! From Dak to Cousins I would just group them all together. Goff is up there but he had 4600 yards passing and was tearing it up until he lost Cooper Kupp. I expect Wentz, Watson and Rodgers to have a big year.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You are ripping Mahomes on many post and saying that Prescott is better than some top tier QBs, you are implying this point when all your post are taken in totally.

Schemes are different, but I can say with out a doubt, put Prescott in Kansas City and he would not throw for 5000 yards or 50 touchdowns. Doesn't have the ability.

You point out a couple of games for Prescott being able to pass, but he has played in 48 games. Those games are outliers. I believe the other 95+ percent to be the true indicators of Prescott's passing abilities.

The one comment you made is a classic, "throwing for yardage means absolutely nothing", in a passing league no less. A quarterback's ability to throw the ball is everything!
I disagree. Dak has thrown over 400 yards in games. With yac monsters like KC has I see no reason why Dak can't. Big problem with stats was Cowboy receivers weren't getting yards after the catch because they failed to separate..... Hence the reason Dak was one of the top in the league throwing in tight windows. Last season he got Cooper and you seen his yards after catch where some of Daks big games.

Dak has plenty strong, accurate and good enough arm to throw 5000 yards and close to 50 TDs. Only 3 people have ever thrown 50 or more hence the reason I said close to 50.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Here you go with speculation. Prescott absolutely has the ability. Approved it Giants game Ravens game. They let him loose. It's about scheme. Never Say Never you'll have to eat your words. More often than not
Don't forget the eagles game where he had almost 300 yards passing in the 4th quarter and 1 drive in over time.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
also he completely left out Jimmy G. Wilson is way overrated and way too high. All he does is scramble around and take sacks. Not that far off from Dak tbh just a lot higher than him because of the SB ring his defense carried him to.
You have Jimmy G at 12th overall in the league..... That's all we need to know to not listen to anything you have to say about rating QBs.