Where is Ware?

RW31

Reaction score
His stats sure look nice but where has he been this season? We have high hopes for him so for me he was kind of invisible in every game except in garbage time. The first three quarters he barely pops up. It seems like he got all his sacks in garbage time this season. Like 3rd and 24 with 37 seconds on the clock or something like that. He needs to make more plays in the 1st half or in the 3rd quarter.

triplets92

Reaction score
RW31;2315923 said:
His stats sure look nice but where has he been this season? We have high hopes for him so for me he was kind of invisible in every game except in garbage time. The first three quarters he barely pops up. It seems like he got all his sacks in garbage time this season. Like 3rd and 24 with 37 seconds on the clock or something like that. He needs to make more plays in the 1st half or in the 3rd quarter.
just because you dont see him making three or four sacks in a game does not mean he doen't cause troble for the qb. he causes the qb to have to move before the can throw that can lead to int or sacks

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
RW31;2315923 said:

Because he's not getting a lot of one on one till then. Those are coming then because they're having to committ more people to routes to try and score so they can't show up and put 2 people or 3, if they have a back chip him, on every play. It's not like he's just getting to run free constantly and not making plays.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Some people just don't understand football. Watch Ware and you will see multiple blockers assigned to him or the protection slides his way. On a few occasions, I noticed 3 blockers on him. Hopefully Ellis and Spencer get going and Ware may see more one on one. I wish Wade/Stew would move him around a lot more.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
headhunterroy05;2315947 said:
Some people just don't understand football. Watch Ware and you will see multiple blockers assigned to him or the protection slides his way. On a few occasions, I noticed 3 blockers on him. Hopefully Ellis and Spencer get going and Ware may see more one on one. I wish Wade/Stew would move him around a lot more.
i agree......... isn't Ware in the top ten in the league in sacks? i am waiting on Spencer to get in the grove:D

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Ware is a beast and is all over the field. He makes a lot of play behind the LOS. If the QB is scrambling and throwing off balance then there is a good chance Ware is causing problems for the other team.

Nexx

Reaction score
i would figure a RW31 fan would ask this sort of question...

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I'd be more concerned if he wasn't getting sacks when the other team was forced to pass. He did sack Campbell in the first quarter of the skins game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He doesn't have 10 sacks already so he's obviously not doing his job. Shame on him.

For those around here who are impaired in sarcasm what I just posted there is a prime example of it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2316074 said:
He doesn't have 10 sacks already so he's obviously not doing his job. Shame on him.

For those around here who are impaired in sarcasm what I just posted there is a prime example of it.

Only ten? You need to raise expectations. :laugh2:

Jake0

Reaction score
I don't know what game you're watching, but I still see him making plays left and right in spite of taking on double/triple teams many plays. Just hasn't had any dynamic game changing plays i.e. FFs, random ridiculous jumping INT of a michael vick bullet and the like. He's definitely bringing it every week though.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
headhunterroy05;2315947 said:

:hammer:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Honestly, the rest of the guys on that line needs to show up. If Spencer or Ellis would give some help more often on that other side, they would not be able to double team or chip Ware, because their backside would be in trouble.

star_obssessed

Reaction score
what games are you guys watching. I watch these games over and over and specifically watch Ware. He has been dominated this year. And he has not been doubled and triple teamed the majority of the time. This is the first year that I've seen him get man handled on runs off tackle to his side. He can't get off a block to save his life. He made two extrordinary plays though when he through the tight end off and made tackles at the line. But the rest of the game he was man handled. I agree that he needs more pressure (and I don't meen just sacks) through out the game in key situations. He always runs right past the qb or he just stops when the tackle or tight end sticks to him. He is my favorite player, but this year he is not producing. Maybe the extra weight. Also needs to learn how to bull rush. Thats not in his arsenal.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Clove;2316325 said:
Honestly, the rest of the guys on that line needs to show up. If Spencer or Ellis would give some help more often on that other side, they would not be able to double team or chip Ware, because their backside would be in trouble.

Right now Spencer should get a pass. Turning the corner on a pass rush puts a tremendous amount of stress on your knees. Once he gets his confidence I am sure he will start to show up in the passing game.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
RW31;2315923 said:

Might I suggest since you don't know where he's at that you contact each and every offensive coordinator that plays Dallas.

I'll guarentee you they'll know where to find him.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
star_obssessed;2316357 said:
what games are you guys watching. I watch these games over and over and specifically watch Ware. He has been dominated this year. And he has not been doubled and triple teamed the majority of the time. This is the first year that I've seen him get man handled on runs off tackle to his side. He can't get off a block to save his life. He made two extrordinary plays though when he through the tight end off and made tackles at the line. But the rest of the game he was man handled. I agree that he needs more pressure (and I don't meen just sacks) through out the game in key situations. He always runs right past the qb or he just stops when the tackle or tight end sticks to him. He is my favorite player, but this year he is not producing. Maybe the extra weight. Also needs to learn how to bull rush. Thats not in his arsenal.
:welcome: I agree on some and not others. I charted a game he played a couple of weeks ago, and 70% of the time, he was chipped, or had a guy wait to see if he was going to make a good move towards the QB, if Ware didn't make a good move, the RB would then release into the pattern.

But I agree that Ware needs to step up, but so do the others. Ratliff is playing pretty good, Ellis and Spencer, dang we need something from these guys. Mostly ELLIS and Canty/Spears/Hatcher

Smith22

Reaction score
Ware has been great as usual. Check the last game again, he made at least 2 or 3 stops behind the LOS, one being a sack and the other stuffing the run. What this D needs is for someone else like Spencer or Ellis to step up and create more pressure.