Where is WR Terrance Williams?

Carson

Reaction score
I can never understand WRs who catch everything with their bodies or like a KR/PR. Is that taught? I’m not the largest guy and definitely not the size of Terrence but when I played football, I always tried to catch with my hands.

It’s not taught.

No coach would teach a player to use their body!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can never understand WRs who catch everything with their bodies or like a KR/PR. Is that taught? I’m not the largest guy and definitely not the size of Terrence but when I played football, I always tried to catch with my hands.

Sometimes, old habits die hard, even if they're bad ones. The Cowboys' WR coaches did their best to convince him to catch with his hands but for what it was that caused him to be uncomfortable with changing, evidently it took precedence. Despite it all, he had a pretty good go of things for a while there. It's a shame his career ended in such an awkward manner. Sometimes, fate deals us harsh lessons. In his case, it sure did. Hopefully, he's doing ok now.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He couldn’t even make the St Louis Battlehawks earlier in the year. There are multiple reasons for his decline, but a big factor was Romo flat out made some WRs look better than they were.

He's a little reminiscent of Alvin Harper. Had some good moments in the No. 2 role and then just declined. The main difference is that it happened to Williams here while it happened to Harper in Tampa. The one thing their declines had in common, though, was a change in quarterbacks.

Proof

Reaction score
With Cowboys fans and media, players get constantly overrated, and Terrance Williams is just the poster child of this.

I don’t think anyone ever overrated. He was serviceable with some memorable moments. Crazy how completely he washed out

Zordon

Reaction score
Had some great moments as a Cowboy.

Ridiculous sideline catch in Seattle which led to a win. Game-winning TD vs Detroit in the playoffs. Caught Romo’s final NFL pass for a TD in Philly.
I don't understand how he didn't get another job after he left Dallas. I see worse WRs every Sunday. Really perplexing...

@quickccc I agree with the premise of this thread. I think it about it from time to time. He should have gotten another job somewhere else.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Anyone ever wondered where is TWill nowadays ?

The guy we felt the need to re-sign to a new 4 year deal after 2016.
Durable most of his career, he broke a foot bone in camp, and he never really was heard from again since.
TWill had the off field DUI issue but if he was anything worth what the Cowboys drafted him in 3rd rd in 2013, and

Like Dez, he was another the Cowboys finally made the decision to cut loose to upgrade because he
didn't bring the separation element that was sorely needed

And not just the Cowboys after they finally cut him, .. but i don't see where he is even in the NFL
anymore.
While the Cowboys made an ouch mistake in re-signing him, they also made a significant upgrade
in replacing that mistake with drafting/developing Michael Gallup who is a much better player than
TWill ever was.

Edit Note: i just seen where TWIll is list as being in the off brand XFL league

Players are elevated more in Dallas than anywhere else. Williams lacked the hands, speed, and work ethic to stick in the league. Then him exposes himself as a complete chucklehead. Very overrated around here.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Anyone ever wondered where is TWill nowadays ?

The guy we felt the need to re-sign to a new 4 year deal after 2016.
Durable most of his career, he broke a foot bone in camp, and he never really was heard from again since.
TWill had the off field DUI issue but if he was anything worth what the Cowboys drafted him in 3rd rd in 2013, and

Like Dez, he was another the Cowboys finally made the decision to cut loose to upgrade because he
didn't bring the separation element that was sorely needed

And not just the Cowboys after they finally cut him, .. but i don't see where he is even in the NFL
anymore.
While the Cowboys made an ouch mistake in re-signing him, they also made a significant upgrade
in replacing that mistake with drafting/developing Michael Gallup who is a much better player than
TWill ever was.

Edit Note: i just seen where TWIll is list as being in the off brand XFL league
He is about to get his unemployment cut.

:lmao:o_O

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think his ceiling was a #2 WR and he met that expectation. We as fans always have higher expectations but a 4.3 guy that falls to the 3rd clearly is not a number #1. I don't think its weird at all that TWill got hurt and is now jobless. I mean Dez Bryant got hurt and he is jobless and he was a top 3 WR in the NFL not long ago....TWill dreamed about being as good as Dez lol.
Fwiw

Williams’ official 40 time was 4.52......
But yes...a third rounder who played 6 years (5 decent ones) and made nearly 13 million. Not bad

Then again, Tyreek Hill is a #1 who runs a 4.25 and went in the 5th round. So many teams missed that boat.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think his ceiling was a #2 WR and he met that expectation. We as fans always have higher expectations but a 4.3 guy that falls to the 3rd clearly is not a number #1. I don't think its weird at all that TWill got hurt and is now jobless. I mean Dez Bryant got hurt and he is jobless and he was a top 3 WR in the NFL not long ago....TWill dreamed about being as good as Dez lol.

When they drafted TWill they said they had a high second round grade on him, he certainly had the physical tools. Dez was a monster physically and could beat anyone to the ball (until he couldn't), but with TWill it was kind of nuts that he was still body catching 4 years into his NFL career.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Doing what ?
tenor.gif

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Fwiw

Williams’ official 40 time was 4.52......
But yes...a third rounder who played 6 years (5 decent ones) and made nearly 13 million. Not bad

Then again, Tyreek Hill is a #1 who runs a 4.25 and went in the 5th round. So many teams missed that boat.
You could also name a half dozen steelers wrs taken 3rd round or later the past ten years that fit the bill.

MikeB80

Reaction score
nope never wonder truly dont CARE HE NEVER WAS A FACTOR PLAYER SO DONT FOLLOW THOSE GUYS..

DEZ YES, WITTEN YES, BUT TWILL, NO..MEH

they would not have won the 2014 Playoff game against the lions without him. He made arguably the biggest play of the game in getting the offense off the snide.

He made repeated big plays in his time on the field with Romo throwing to him. Like So many others he just seemed to have a feel for romo or romo had a feel for his game. They were very good together and he was an excellent blocker in the running game.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Cowboys fans give T Will a lot of crap, but I think he was quite able to fulfill expectations as a #2 WR.

Say what you want, but he's one of few Cowboys that I can think of that have showed up in the postseason the past 20 years. He was incredible in that 2014 Lions game, and even snatched a 38 yarder from Romo in the Packers game.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

He was never a 4.3 guy.

Hardline

Reaction score
He was one of the players fans that didn't know better underrated.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Players are elevated more in Dallas than anywhere else. Williams lacked the hands, speed, and work ethic to stick in the league. Then him exposes himself as a complete chucklehead. Very overrated around here.

Gallup dropped 11 balls last year and is not as fast as Williams and he is loved here.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Cowboys fans give T Will a lot of crap, but I think he was quite able to fulfill expectations as a #2 WR.

Say what you want, but he's one of few Cowboys that I can think of that have showed up in the postseason the past 20 years. He was incredible in that 2014 Lions game, and even snatched a 38 yarder from Romo in the Packers game.

he and romo had good chemistry. Just like Romo had good chemistry with Crayton, Robinson, Austin, Hurd....etc...

When Romo returned in 15 vs the dolphins (he had no business playing) He went right to Williams for a td in the first half. Williams had been a ghost since he left.