1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Where is WR Terrance Williams?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

18,368 Messages
    16,452 Likes Received
    hes just not good enough. It happens..I wish him the best. Sometimes the simple reason is it. He may be selling cars.

Swagger and Bullflop like this.
  2. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

17,398 Messages
    28,043 Likes Received
    It’s not taught.

No coach would teach a player to use their body!

Kaiser and Bullflop like this.
  3. Williamsboys

Williamsboys Well-Known Member

1,101 Messages
    1,078 Likes Received
    He's under my desk.

Rayman70 likes this.
  4. CowboysRule

CowboysRule Well-Known Member

1,198 Messages
    2,386 Likes Received
    Doing what ?

Techsass, CapnB and Kaiser like this.
  5. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

17,665 Messages
    21,573 Likes Received
    Sometimes, old habits die hard, even if they're bad ones. The Cowboys' WR coaches did their best to convince him to catch with his hands but for what it was that caused him to be uncomfortable with changing, evidently it took precedence. Despite it all, he had a pretty good go of things for a while there. It's a shame his career ended in such an awkward manner. Sometimes, fate deals us harsh lessons. In his case, it sure did. Hopefully, he's doing ok now.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

23,795 Messages
    16,622 Likes Received
    He's a little reminiscent of Alvin Harper. Had some good moments in the No. 2 role and then just declined. The main difference is that it happened to Williams here while it happened to Harper in Tampa. The one thing their declines had in common, though, was a change in quarterbacks.

Bullflop likes this.
  7. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

6,076 Messages
    7,664 Likes Received
    I don’t think anyone ever overrated. He was serviceable with some memorable moments. Crazy how completely he washed out

8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

19,985 Messages
    35,885 Likes Received
    I don't understand how he didn't get another job after he left Dallas. I see worse WRs every Sunday. Really perplexing...

@quickccc I agree with the premise of this thread. I think it about it from time to time. He should have gotten another job somewhere else.

Swagger likes this.
  9. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

8,115 Messages
    13,184 Likes Received
    Players are elevated more in Dallas than anywhere else. Williams lacked the hands, speed, and work ethic to stick in the league. Then him exposes himself as a complete chucklehead. Very overrated around here.

75boyz likes this.
  10. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

14,544 Messages
    11,213 Likes Received
    He is about to get his unemployment cut.

:lmao:o_O

11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

49,624 Messages
    37,073 Likes Received
    Fwiw

Williams’ official 40 time was 4.52......
    But yes...a third rounder who played 6 years (5 decent ones) and made nearly 13 million. Not bad

Then again, Tyreek Hill is a #1 who runs a 4.25 and went in the 5th round. So many teams missed that boat.

Cover 2 likes this.
  12. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

15,830 Messages
    27,141 Likes Received
    When they drafted TWill they said they had a high second round grade on him, he certainly had the physical tools. Dez was a monster physically and could beat anyone to the ball (until he couldn't), but with TWill it was kind of nuts that he was still body catching 4 years into his NFL career.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

15,830 Messages
    27,141 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Valkyr and CowboysRule like this.
  14. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

31,296 Messages
    14,667 Likes Received
    You could also name a half dozen steelers wrs taken 3rd round or later the past ten years that fit the bill.

15. MikeB80

MikeB80 Well-Known Member

4,721 Messages
    5,230 Likes Received
    they would not have won the 2014 Playoff game against the lions without him. He made arguably the biggest play of the game in getting the offense off the snide.

He made repeated big plays in his time on the field with Romo throwing to him. Like So many others he just seemed to have a feel for romo or romo had a feel for his game. They were very good together and he was an excellent blocker in the running game.

DeaconBlues likes this.
  16. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

3,954 Messages
    11,048 Likes Received
    Cowboys fans give T Will a lot of crap, but I think he was quite able to fulfill expectations as a #2 WR.

Say what you want, but he's one of few Cowboys that I can think of that have showed up in the postseason the past 20 years. He was incredible in that 2014 Lions game, and even snatched a 38 yarder from Romo in the Packers game.

17. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

15,134 Messages
    22,565 Likes Received
    He was never a 4.3 guy.

18. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

12,096 Messages
    19,987 Likes Received
    He was one of the players fans that didn't know better underrated.

19. MikeB80

4,721 Messages
    5,230 Likes Received
    Gallup dropped 11 balls last year and is not as fast as Williams and he is loved here.

20. MikeB80

4,721 Messages
    5,230 Likes Received
    he and romo had good chemistry. Just like Romo had good chemistry with Crayton, Robinson, Austin, Hurd....etc...

When Romo returned in 15 vs the dolphins (he had no business playing) He went right to Williams for a td in the first half. Williams had been a ghost since he left.