Where is WR Terrance Williams?

Plankton

Reaction score
I can never understand WRs who catch everything with their bodies or like a KR/PR. Is that taught? I’m not the largest guy and definitely not the size of Terrence but when I played football, I always tried to catch with my hands.

Ask Michael Irvin. He made a career of it.

Plankton

Reaction score
Fwiw

Williams’ official 40 time was 4.52......
But yes...a third rounder who played 6 years (5 decent ones) and made nearly 13 million. Not bad

Then again, Tyreek Hill is a #1 who runs a 4.25 and went in the 5th round. So many teams missed that boat.

Tyreek Hill went in the 5th because he punched his pregnant girlfriend in the abdomen. Teams didn't miss him so much as they viewed him to be radioactive.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A man’s man. Imagine America with more of this..
It's actually pretty sad. These kids go from hero to zero sometimes. Many staffs forget about you as soon as the last game is over. I used to demand that my staff help these kids through graduation and beyond. I've talked to several of them that are struggling through this pandemic. Some are doing well and I've asked them to help out their former teammates. I helped one financially and I helped a couple more get some work through my contacts. Very rewarding, but can be very sad.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It's actually pretty sad. These kids go from hero to zero sometimes. Many staffs forget about you as soon as the last game is over. I used to demand that my staff help these kids through graduation and beyond. I've talked to several of them that are struggling through this pandemic. Some are doing well and I've asked them to help out their former teammates. I helped one financially and I helped a couple more get some work through my contacts. Very rewarding, but can be very sad.

Nothing worse than seeing potential go to waste. Social media destroys youngsters these days. If they don’t have the perfect life they feel like losers and the downward cycle begins. Sometimes a helping hand can be a savior. Sometimes no amount of help will matter.

quickccc

Reaction score
They got TWill for the cheap. It was not a mistake.

Also the average NFL career is 3 years. TWill did well for himself.

you don't invest a 3rd round pick for a guy for him to topple out in 3 years. JAGs topple out in 3 years.

3rd round picks are the ones that you're looking for a long term gem find that has something special in his game
that will take your team to another level.
3rd rounders like you're hoping to find Ty Hilton, Steve Smith, Terrell Owens, John Taylor, Emmanuel Sanders, Juju Smith, etc.

When you think of TWill you dont even think of a Miles Austin type. One you craft and mold into a pro bowl level type for years to
come. But instead one thinks of Twill as a guy who team thought would be a game breaker as his rep and resume had him to be
coming out of Baylor.

But the longer his career became, the more dwindling and on the decline his surrounding he became, he himself became
that much more expose for what he is .. an average JAG who didn't have natural receiving skills, a lack of separation skills and
just too much of a non-factor difference play maker who had a handful of great moments for a career.
(ala detroit and GB playoff games in 2014)

DFWJC

Reaction score
You could also name a half dozen steelers wrs taken 3rd round or later the past ten years that fit the bill.
I hear you but ......
WR1s that run a 4.3 or lower, and taken in 3rd or later?
Even Mike Wallace was 4.33.
Brown was 4.44
No others were 4.3 or less and were WR1s that I can think of.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
he was when Romo was here... like Laurent Robinson, Crayton, and Austin were at their best and left and then careers ended ..Witten is going to the HOF on romos arm..

like him or not argue and debate it all you want , romo had full command if the pocket, read defenses , trough wrs open you know anticipated and let the ball fly..he made some avg players better..
That speaks to Romo's ability way more than it does to Williams' (lack of) ability.

Imagine what Romo could have done with Keenan Allen....

DFWJC

Reaction score
they would not have won the 2014 Playoff game against the lions without him. He made arguably the biggest play of the game in getting the offense off the snide.

He made repeated big plays in his time on the field with Romo throwing to him. Like So many others he just seemed to have a feel for romo or romo had a feel for his game. They were very good together and he was an excellent blocker in the running game.
At a higher level, I think that applied to Dez as well.

anyway...
One of my favorite TWill plays w/ Romo at QB

aria

Reaction score
No idea where he’s at now but I’m sure he was one of the over rated players that was going to win us next seasons paper Super Bowls.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Anyone ever wondered where is TWill nowadays ?

The guy we felt the need to re-sign to a new 4 year deal after 2016.
Durable most of his career, he broke a foot bone in camp, and he never really was heard from again since.
TWill had the off field DUI issue but if he was anything worth what the Cowboys drafted him in 3rd rd in 2013, and

Like Dez, he was another the Cowboys finally made the decision to cut loose to upgrade because he
didn't bring the separation element that was sorely needed

And not just the Cowboys after they finally cut him, .. but i don't see where he is even in the NFL
anymore.
While the Cowboys made an ouch mistake in re-signing him, they also made a significant upgrade
in replacing that mistake with drafting/developing Michael Gallup who is a much better player than
TWill ever was.

Edit Note: i just seen where TWIll is list as being in the off brand XFL league

Think of the simply awful players the offense was carrying for years. The 2013 draft - Williams, Escobar. 2014 - Devin Street.

That 2014 offense was really amazing in how the top guys carried that team.

The dline for the playoff game was just awful. 2 guys never play another snap, 4 more only last 1 more season.

Snaps in Game/Snaps Remaining in Career/Years Remaining in Career
31/0/0 Anthony Spencer
18/0/0 Josh Brent
22/35/1 Ken Bishop
37/370/1 George Selvie
46/380/1 Jeremy Mince
50/580/1 Nick Hayden

22/lots Demarcus Lawrence
46/lots Tyrone Crawford

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Anyone ever wondered where is TWill nowadays ?

The guy we felt the need to re-sign to a new 4 year deal after 2016.
Durable most of his career, he broke a foot bone in camp, and he never really was heard from again since.
TWill had the off field DUI issue but if he was anything worth what the Cowboys drafted him in 3rd rd in 2013, and

Like Dez, he was another the Cowboys finally made the decision to cut loose to upgrade because he
didn't bring the separation element that was sorely needed

And not just the Cowboys after they finally cut him, .. but i don't see where he is even in the NFL
anymore.
While the Cowboys made an ouch mistake in re-signing him, they also made a significant upgrade
in replacing that mistake with drafting/developing Michael Gallup who is a much better player than
TWill ever was.

Edit Note: i just seen where TWIll is list as being in the off brand XFL league

The TWill Rule:
Never take a WR#2's efficiency numbers at face value on a strong offense. It's easy to look good when defenses don't worry about you.

quickccc

Reaction score
The TWill Rule:
Never take a WR#2's efficiency numbers at face value on a strong offense. It's easy to look good when defenses don't worry about you.

yeh, you still want that No.2 WR's skill set to be so formidable that he can consistently feast on the one on one single coverage
is gonna give him away from the double teams played on the " star' feature lead WR.

If your No.2 cannot separate and beat even the decent/average No.2 CBs. then the gig is up. - He can't have once every blue moon game
where he finally shows up and stands out.
And more and more, it started becoming a problem with neither of our to starting WRs are getting the necessary separation.

plasticman

Reaction score
During the first five seasons Terrance Williams was in the league, he was one of 53 WR's that had 200 or more receptions. He was ranked 13th in average yards per reception which put him in the top quarter. Amari Cooper was ranked 14th, Dez Bryant 20th

Terrance was the target for a lot of mid to long range passes. When you evaluate him among the 18 of those WR's that averaged 14+ yards a reception, he is ranked 4th in catch percentage behind only Brandin Cooks, Julio Jones, and Odell Beckham Jr. Cooper was ranked 10th. Dez did not qualify.

Terrance's difficulty level when it came to the passes thrown to him was greater than most in the NFL as indicated by his average yards per catch. However, he compared favorably to other WR's under similar circumstances as shown by his ranking in catch percentage.

As a rooikie, Terrance is tied for 2nd place among Cowboy WR's in their rookie season in receptions. He is ranked 3rd in yards.

In his 6th season he was hurt and placed on injured reserve. He was also facing a 3 game suspension for a DUI. I don't believe that Williams release was due to his performance on the field. Either his injury was career threatening or the DUI was an indication of more serious issues.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
Still remember that amazing toe dragging 1st down catch he made against Seattle on a 3rd and 18.

Helped keep the drive going and resulted in a TD that gave Dallas a 4 point lead.

That was a great game.

But yeah, he sucks and I'm glad he is gone. Screw him.
That was the first game I ever attended in person. What a catch and what a game