1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Where is WR Terrance Williams?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

26,561 Messages
    68,993 Likes Received
    I have a few former players that were Homecoming Kings and All State playes that lost their way. I help them as much as I can, breaks my heart.

Scotman, Techsass, RGV_C_Los and 3 others like this.
  2. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

9,489 Messages
    12,263 Likes Received
    Ask Michael Irvin. He made a career of it.

Jake likes this.
  3. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

9,489 Messages
    12,263 Likes Received
    Tyreek Hill went in the 5th because he punched his pregnant girlfriend in the abdomen. Teams didn't miss him so much as they viewed him to be radioactive.

Scotman, Jake, DFWJC and 1 other person like this.
  4. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

8,224 Messages
    13,347 Likes Received
    A man’s man. Imagine America with more of this..

Scotman, RGV_C_Los and Ranching like this.
  5. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

26,561 Messages
    68,993 Likes Received
    It's actually pretty sad. These kids go from hero to zero sometimes. Many staffs forget about you as soon as the last game is over. I used to demand that my staff help these kids through graduation and beyond. I've talked to several of them that are struggling through this pandemic. Some are doing well and I've asked them to help out their former teammates. I helped one financially and I helped a couple more get some work through my contacts. Very rewarding, but can be very sad.

6. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

8,224 Messages
    13,347 Likes Received
    Nothing worse than seeing potential go to waste. Social media destroys youngsters these days. If they don’t have the perfect life they feel like losers and the downward cycle begins. Sometimes a helping hand can be a savior. Sometimes no amount of help will matter.

Ranching likes this.
  7. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

4,877 Messages
    4,063 Likes Received
    you don't invest a 3rd round pick for a guy for him to topple out in 3 years. JAGs topple out in 3 years.

3rd round picks are the ones that you're looking for a long term gem find that has something special in his game
    that will take your team to another level.
    3rd rounders like you're hoping to find Ty Hilton, Steve Smith, Terrell Owens, John Taylor, Emmanuel Sanders, Juju Smith, etc.

When you think of TWill you dont even think of a Miles Austin type. One you craft and mold into a pro bowl level type for years to
    come. But instead one thinks of Twill as a guy who team thought would be a game breaker as his rep and resume had him to be
    coming out of Baylor.

But the longer his career became, the more dwindling and on the decline his surrounding he became, he himself became
    that much more expose for what he is .. an average JAG who didn't have natural receiving skills, a lack of separation skills and
    just too much of a non-factor difference play maker who had a handful of great moments for a career.
    (ala detroit and GB playoff games in 2014)

8. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

15,830 Messages
    13,346 Likes Received
    They don’t allow scooters
    Plus he would crash on first stage

9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

49,660 Messages
    37,102 Likes Received
    I hear you but ......
    WR1s that run a 4.3 or lower, and taken in 3rd or later?
    Even Mike Wallace was 4.33.
    Brown was 4.44
    No others were 4.3 or less and were WR1s that I can think of.

10. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

14,777 Messages
    19,086 Likes Received
    That speaks to Romo's ability way more than it does to Williams' (lack of) ability.

Imagine what Romo could have done with Keenan Allen....

jay94 likes this.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

49,660 Messages
    37,102 Likes Received
    At a higher level, I think that applied to Dez as well.

anyway...
    One of my favorite TWill plays w/ Romo at QB

Techsass and Valkyr like this.
  12. Stumt

Stumt New Member

1 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Me too. Took the family to Oxnard a few years back and TWill stuck around and signed for my kiddos.

13. aria

aria Well-Known Member

15,117 Messages
    14,491 Likes Received
    No idea where he’s at now but I’m sure he was one of the over rated players that was going to win us next seasons paper Super Bowls.

14. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

6,566 Messages
    6,671 Likes Received
    Last I heard he was teaching a class on scooter safety.

buybuydandavis likes this.
  15. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

15,574 Messages
    13,390 Likes Received
    Think of the simply awful players the offense was carrying for years. The 2013 draft - Williams, Escobar. 2014 - Devin Street.

That 2014 offense was really amazing in how the top guys carried that team.

The dline for the playoff game was just awful. 2 guys never play another snap, 4 more only last 1 more season.

Snaps in Game/Snaps Remaining in Career/Years Remaining in Career
    31/0/0 Anthony Spencer
    18/0/0 Josh Brent
    22/35/1 Ken Bishop
    37/370/1 George Selvie
    46/380/1 Jeremy Mince
    50/580/1 Nick Hayden

22/lots Demarcus Lawrence
    46/lots Tyrone Crawford

beware_d-ware, Techsass and Swagger like this.
  16. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

15,574 Messages
    13,390 Likes Received
    The TWill Rule:
    Never take a WR#2's efficiency numbers at face value on a strong offense. It's easy to look good when defenses don't worry about you.

jay94 and quickccc like this.
  17. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

4,877 Messages
    4,063 Likes Received
    yeh, you still want that No.2 WR's skill set to be so formidable that he can consistently feast on the one on one single coverage
    is gonna give him away from the double teams played on the " star' feature lead WR.

If your No.2 cannot separate and beat even the decent/average No.2 CBs. then the gig is up. - He can't have once every blue moon game
    where he finally shows up and stands out.
    And more and more, it started becoming a problem with neither of our to starting WRs are getting the necessary separation.

buybuydandavis likes this.
  18. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

7,453 Messages
    6,253 Likes Received
    Guy didn’t use his hands to catch. Body catcher

19. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

3,599 Messages
    6,075 Likes Received
    During the first five seasons Terrance Williams was in the league, he was one of 53 WR's that had 200 or more receptions. He was ranked 13th in average yards per reception which put him in the top quarter. Amari Cooper was ranked 14th, Dez Bryant 20th

Terrance was the target for a lot of mid to long range passes. When you evaluate him among the 18 of those WR's that averaged 14+ yards a reception, he is ranked 4th in catch percentage behind only Brandin Cooks, Julio Jones, and Odell Beckham Jr. Cooper was ranked 10th. Dez did not qualify.

Terrance's difficulty level when it came to the passes thrown to him was greater than most in the NFL as indicated by his average yards per catch. However, he compared favorably to other WR's under similar circumstances as shown by his ranking in catch percentage.

As a rooikie, Terrance is tied for 2nd place among Cowboy WR's in their rookie season in receptions. He is ranked 3rd in yards.

In his 6th season he was hurt and placed on injured reserve. He was also facing a 3 game suspension for a DUI. I don't believe that Williams release was due to his performance on the field. Either his injury was career threatening or the DUI was an indication of more serious issues.

Techsass likes this.
  20. Ebnorice

Ebnorice Well-Known Member

724 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    That was the first game I ever attended in person. What a catch and what a game

J12B likes this.