1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Where is WR Terrance Williams?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

10,146 Messages
    12,364 Likes Received
    Laurent Robinson. Miles Austin. Laurent got a great payday from the Jags after his breakout 2011 season and I never really heard from him again.

DFWJC, Jake, ghst187 and 1 other person like this.
  2. J12B

J12B Well-Known Member

3,148 Messages
    8,982 Likes Received
    Probably the best Cowboys game in the 2000s. Right there with the 2016 Steelers game in my opinion

Ebnorice likes this.
  3. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

26,910 Messages
    22,737 Likes Received
    Last I heard he was in the now defunct XFL.

Probably will never play another down of football the rest of life, so I hope he saved or invested most of his money.

A lot of players blow all their cash on girls and cars and then when their career ends they are broke, see Vince Young. Hopefully Twill was smarter than that.

4. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

12,583 Messages
    7,778 Likes Received
    not the scooter, he was high or drunk or both.
    His problem was his attitude, and goals, and work ethic, too much partying.
    He had the talent and body, but I doubt he stayed in shape, or tried to be the best he could be.
    I was watching some 2014 games and he made some great catches, and he was the one catching td passes in the playoffs, not dez.
    Well dez did catch a 2 yd fade lol, but the dazzling long ones were by williams.

5. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

5,713 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received

And what has Bryant done since being released by the Cowboys? Wait, making videos of him carefully choreographed to make him look good begging for another shot in the NFL. Other than that video what do the GM's have to go on. Lets see, his 2nd from his last season in Dallas he was 1 drop from leading the league in drops and his last season he did lead the league in drops. He was a disruption in the locker room and on the sidelines and one time actually walking off the field to the locker room before the game was over like a spoiled little kid because he wasn't who the Cowboys were going to go with on a play and hasn't played a snap since 2017. Lets not forget he wasn't ever considered a good route runner. The only routes he ran good were running straight down the sidelines and out jumping a corner for the ball, that is if he hung on to it. He even had problems hanging onto balls that hit him right in the hands in full stride.

6. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member

6,107 Messages
    3,415 Likes Received
    You forgot that he's the all time leader in Cowboys history for receiving tds, just saying.

CalPolyTechnique likes this.
  7. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

15,356 Messages
    13,183 Likes Received
    Robinson got multiple concussions, put on IR halfway through his first season with Jax, cut before the start of training camp the next season.

Blackspider214 and Jake like this.
  8. gjkoeppen

5,713 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received

And how many seasons ago did he set that? Let me see, before he developed dropsy, became a locker room and sideline distraction and now when nobody wants him.

9. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

19,104 Messages
    19,800 Likes Received
    Has made over 12 million in his career. He is ok if he was smart..

DuncanIso likes this.
  10. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

3,547 Messages
    2,270 Likes Received
    What’s up with the TWill hate?

he had a solid career with us.

he’s turning 31 soon.

they don’t play forever.

Scotman, Techsass and Swagger like this.
  11. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

3,547 Messages
    2,270 Likes Received
    most are not.

If he saved even 10 percent , he’d be able to pull 40k a year in gains.

glimmerman likes this.
  12. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

15,134 Messages
    22,564 Likes Received
    He also gets a pension I believe from the NFL.

Techsass likes this.
  13. CapnB

CapnB Well-Known Member

1,678 Messages
    2,175 Likes Received
    I laughed so hard at this

14. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

15,134 Messages
    22,564 Likes Received
    Records only matter depending on how recently they were made/broken?

He was signed by the Saints in 2018, tore his Achilles and rehabbed 2019.

The Dez hate by some in our fanbase is stupefying.

birdwells1 likes this.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

49,624 Messages
    37,073 Likes Received
    Happens all too often, coach.....all too often.
    You're doing what you can, brother.

Ranching likes this.
  16. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

21,302 Messages
    40,671 Likes Received
    So did Michael Irvin.

What's your point?

17. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

7,432 Messages
    6,233 Likes Received
    Well for starters, Mike has more talent in one pinky than TWill. Mike certainly was not a body catcher, he won most 50/50 plays and quite possibly had the best hands in this franchises history.

18. gjkoeppen

5,713 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received

AGAIN only PARTIAL truths. Bryant didn't get signed until after week 9 in 2018 and only because the saints lost their #2 and #3 receivers to injuries. They had to find at least one receiver to sign. He sat since being released by the Cowboys and nobody wanted him until there was an urgent need for a receiver. Yes he torn his Achilles tendon in his first practice but even Bryant himself said just as training camps were opening in 2019 that by the time the season started he would be ready to go. He didn't get signed by anyone so he later said he was taking 2019 to rehab.so it didn't look like he was just sitting there unsigned AGAIN. I will admit that my opinion of Bryant isn't very good since it was well reported that he hit his own mother. That made it real tough to be a fan of Bryant. When his play nose dived it didn't help rooting for him either. Just like not every player on teams like every other player on the team, we can be big Cowboys fan and still not be a fan of a particular player.

19. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

19,104 Messages
    19,800 Likes Received
    At least. Plus they do have a good retirement.

20. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

26,664 Messages
    5,551 Likes Received
    Witten is going to the HoF because he is great. He was good before Romo ever threw a pass. Witten and Romo made a perfect duo, but Witten was already good.