Where is your fan meter right now?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Whyjerry, Feb 18, 2022.

1. TheGoat73

TheGoat73 Well-Known Member

1,489 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    Super fan, or all day sucker? You be the judge.

Jake likes this.
  2. Old'Boyfan

Old'Boyfan Well-Known Member

992 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    One.
    There's just no excitement in it for me anymore. This past season more than any before told me it doesn't matter who the players or coaches are. Even with a 12 win season. The culture is such that just winning the division and getting to the WC round is all that it takes to satisfy too many of the players. It's the culture that Jerry has created, whether he realizes it or not. I could see it when the players were getting ready to take the field before the 49ers game. In the tunnel, no excitement, no jumping up & down anxious to get on the field. There were even players with their heads down. The network showed the same shot of the 9ers. They were excited, ready to go, jumping up & down with excitement. Fired up.
    Call me a quitter, that's Ok because maybe I am. Yes I'll still follow the 'Boys but from a distance. But no more Sundays focused on Cowboys football.
    To those of you still hopeful & closely following the 'Boys, enjoy it & have a good time. I know I sure did in the 70's & early to mid 90's.

TequilaCowboy likes this.
  3. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

5,693 Messages
    6,316 Likes Received
    My fan meter is where it always is: 10. My expectations for this team right now? A top 5 pick in the 2023 draft. My excitement level for this team right now? 2, and that's only out of mild interest to see if we cut or trade anyone this offseason.

4. BleedinBlue

BleedinBlue Well-Known Member

887 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Come on now , 3 ESPN writers picked us to loose the SB next year,,what's not to get excited about.

5. nate dizzle

nate dizzle Well-Known Member

3,748 Messages
    5,455 Likes Received
    Fan meter? Is that a thing? Mine's set on "This team is a joke but I've been cheering for them since I was a kid and I hate change...so...yaaay Cowboys"

Bullflop, Jake and NotForLong like this.
  6. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

22,021 Messages
    20,908 Likes Received
    Pretty much..... sigh

7. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    18,769 Messages
    12,178 Likes Received
    I find football to be a way of life. I have to remind myself sometimes why do I want to be a cowboy fan among the rest of the league. I guess it’s still the star and what it represents. The camaraderie Mr. cowboy. Captain America. It’s beyond just what happens on the field and in the front office. If it was just the team alone I would’ve left along time ago.

Bullflop and blueblood70 like this.
  8. zack

zack Well-Known Member

3,385 Messages
    2,197 Likes Received
    2. I used to be a 10, but after 2017 and on, every year I became less and less interested. A loss would ruin my week, now I’m over it in 15 minutes.
    I think it’s hard to see other NFL teams have more success than Dallas.

9. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Well-Known Member

7,969 Messages
    8,123 Likes Received
    2 as well

10. MyFairLady

MyFairLady Well-Known Member

3,259 Messages
    3,929 Likes Received
    10 out of 10 24 hours / day 7 days / week

11. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

27,125 Messages
    19,615 Likes Received
    5 the off seasons long and no need to really start paying attention again until the true league year starts, and FA begins. All the mock drafts and nonsense, right now is just not worth following.,

February 22 — First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

MARCH
    March 1-7 — NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium: Indianapolis, Indiana.

March 8 — Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

March 14-16 — Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2021 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 16.

March 16 — Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2022 on all players who have option clauses in their 2021 contracts.

March 16 — Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.

March 16 — Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2021 contracts who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.

March 16 — Top 51 Rule begins. All clubs must be under the 2022 Salary Cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 16 — All 2021 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

March 16 — The 2022 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time.

Looks like soon things begin to move, SLOWLY...

12. Jake

Jake Jerry's Yacht Captain Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    29,069 Messages
    61,004 Likes Received

Thankfully, the Dallas Cowboys are only one of many teams I follow in various sports. I maintain stronger interest when teams give me a reason to have it.

Watching Jerry and Stephen continue with business as usual for a quarter century has waned my interest in their team. They've had plenty of time.

Whyjerry likes this.
  13. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

11,920 Messages
    19,038 Likes Received
    Love me some Pi.

Jake likes this.
  14. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    37,876 Messages
    67,906 Likes Received
    Even me? No, not me. Say it ain't so, I work so hard to be a 2.

MWH1967 and NotForLong like this.
  15. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

7,835 Messages
    9,119 Likes Received
    Well just heard a rumor that Brady could go to the 49ers for a one year deal. That would pretty much cement another SB for them.

Whyjerry likes this.
  16. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Well-Known Member

8,982 Messages
    7,352 Likes Received
    Ya know, after last year's draft I was predicting the Cowboys to win 9 or 10 games in 2021 due to a lot of rookie talent needing experience, and 12 or so wins in 22. Instead we pulled out 12 wins in 21 with our rookies.
    2021 turned out to be a mixed bag. They started out better than I expected causing most of us to raise our expectations, but then they fell apart and left us grasping for straws.
    So now I don't know if we're still climbing the ladder or falling flat. I'm still a Cowboys fan of course, but I have no idea what to expect. I guess it'll depend on what we do with the draft and FA. It's called wait and see.

17. JonesBoys

JonesBoys Well-Known Member

2,103 Messages
    2,954 Likes Received

You mean like us both? Lol you are on a Cowboys forum in February with nothing going on in football right now yea tell me you don’t care. And besides Jerry Jones is not the Dallas Cowboys. They were here before him and will be here long after him.

18. JonesBoys

JonesBoys Well-Known Member

2,103 Messages
    2,954 Likes Received
    This thread cracks me up. People claiming to be disinterested and at a low level of fandom right now. Yet here you are posting on a Cowboys forum in late February which is one of the biggest downtimes on the football calendar. If you didn’t care or weren’t at a high level of fandom you wouldn’t be here right now. Stop your denial lol.

blueblood70 and CWR like this.
  19. MWH1967

MWH1967 The Cook

5,775 Messages
    7,671 Likes Received
    About a 5. I usually never go below a 7 but it's going to take a lot to get Prescott a ring. Every duck will have to be straight in that row.

20. CWR

CWR Well-Known Member

18,158 Messages
    26,594 Likes Received
    I'm still excited for next seasons inevitable train wreck. It's an addiction.

DuncanIso and Trajan like this.