Where was the urgency to win while Dak was cheap?

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Looking back on the last 3 years can you tell me where were the FA moves to address the safety position, DT position, add another big time weapon or two on offense to try and steal a Super Bowl while Dak was still cheap?

Why didn't we swing for the fences to try to steal one while our franchise QB is still on his rookie deal like the Eagles successfully did, like the Rams/Ravens/Browns are currently doing.

What was the point of this conservative approach if we can't even sign our own FA's today?

I've never seen another franchise more comfortable just being "in it" and unwilling to take the next step to being a legitimate contender.

Such a ******* wasted opportunity.

To all you naysayers:

There are 31 other teams. Good riddance.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Looking back on the last 3 years can you tell me where were the FA moves to address the safety position, DT position, add another big time weapon or two on offense to try and steal a Super Bowl while Dak was still cheap?

Why didn't we swing for the fences to try to steal one while our franchise QB is still on his rookie deal like the Eagles successfully did, like the Rams/Ravens/Browns are currently doing.

What was the point of this conservative approach if we can't even sign our own FA's today?

I've never seen another franchise more comfortable just being "in it" and unwilling to take the next step to being a legitimate contender.

All an act they just making money, Jerry nem not trying to win a SB or they hire good ppl an get out way. Ego is all over the place that's why Jimmy was fired and that's why the ain't winning nothing. Just enjoy the circus...I mean process.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm actually not too worried. Keep in mind, we're going to have to extend Dak, DLaw, and Cooper next year. Then, we have to extend Zeke the following off-season. So I like that we're saving cap space for that. Plus, the brilliance of getting Covington today means that we're getting at least a solid rotation player for peanuts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Where has the urgency been to win this Century?

Alweezy

Reaction score
Ok let’s look at the past super bowl winners that used this strategy:

2017 Eagles
2013 Seahawks

so what this is the only way to GM a football team now? Not impressed

The way we GM a football team doesn't seem to work either. We won't make moves to even further ourselves out of the Divisional round, let alone the Superbowl.

Verdict

Reaction score

Ther was no urgency because we love to lose. Feel better?

Flamma

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers happened, @Zordon. The Cowboys got robbed by a bad call and an impossible throw. It's just that simple. The urgency was absolutely there, we just got beat by Aaron Rodgers.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I don't get too worked up over those because even if they gave Dez that catch the Packers had 4 and a half minutes left. Our defense was trash. The Murray fumble in that game was the killer. On the impossible throw, were the Cowboys really going to beat the Falcons the next week? I just tell myself "no way" to feel better.

But keep in mind, did the Cowboys do anything to improve the team from '16 to '17? They did absolutely nothing. In fact, we lost some guys. I don't know what the mindset was at the time.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
whaaa, still crying over Romo. "if you don't like it, find another team" whaaa :facepalm:

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agree 100%. They blew it. Trying to save a buck here and there and now they will be handcuffed by a big qb salary.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Because Jerry Jones is too concerned about trying to build a dynasty (Pat's/Spurs) to worry about building a winning team this year ........... They always have next year in mind.

Hate this failure of s front office

links18

Reaction score
Hey, they won two division championships. O mean they were better than three other teams. Why isnt that good enough for you?