Where will Taco land?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is probably better suited as a 3/4 DE.
Or strong side DE (LDE) in many 4-3 defenses.

One of those guys that does the videos about Cowboys players made a video exclaiming that Taco was good on the Left Side (where he played in college) but struggled on the right side. The media had some video/audio of Taco in the locker-room a few weeks ago where he kept talking about playing LDE "when I played LDE in such and such game" and "maybe I'll get some snaps at LDE if...". The later statement I think was an inference to getting traded. He played LDE in college.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Next job maybe at Taco Bell.

Someone out there will sign him. He wont be making a whole lot of $$$ but someone will scoop him up. My best guess is that a bottom feeder will sign him. 2 teams come to mind, the Giants and Dolphins. One year prove it deal!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Someone out there will sign him. He wont be making a whole lot of $$$ but someone will scoop him up. My best guess is that a bottom feeder will sign him. 2 teams come to mind, the Giants and Dolphins. One year prove it deal!
In salsa

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Houston? Raiders? Jacksonville? Minn? Packers?

cern

Reaction score
taco didn't do himself any favors with his behavior, tweets, etc.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Omar Kelly (Florida Sun Sentinel) is onboard with Miami picking him up......

It would be wise for the Miami Dolphins to claim the former University of Michigan standout, inheriting the two remaining years left on his guaranteed contract because Miami is starving for pass-rushing help — and isn’t this season about rummaging the waiver wire for NFL talent?

Coincidentally, the Dolphins have their own disappointing pass rusher selected in the first-round of the 2017 draft: Charles Harris.

Harris, who has just three sacks in 29 NFL games, has only five tackles this season. His struggles disengaging from blockers has contributed to the Dolphins having a meager three sacks in the first two games.

The Dolphins’ scouting department had high grades for Charlton during the 2017 draft process — and there were rumors Miami would select him instead of Harris because he’s more of a traditional 4-3 defensive end.

While I’m no fan of Charlton based on his Michigan film and productivity (65 tackles and 19 sacks in four years), what does Miami have to lose at this point by claiming the 6-foot-6, 270-pound defender?

The Cowboys already paid $5.43 million of his four-year, $10 million contract in his signing bonus, and he’s only guaranteed $7.73 million from his rookie deal. If Miami claims Charlton by Thursday’s noon deadline, they’d be responsible for paying for the final 14 games of his 2019 salary and his 2020 salary ($920,000), which is guaranteed.

So essentially, the Dolphins, a team desperate for pass rushing and edge-setting help, could acquire a 24-year-old former first-round pick for less than $2 million in guaranteed money.

Verdict

Reaction score
Or strong side DE (LDE) in many 4-3 defenses.

One of those guys that does the videos about Cowboys players made a video exclaiming that Taco was good on the Left Side (where he played in college) but struggled on the right side. The media had some video/audio of Taco in the locker-room a few weeks ago where he kept talking about playing LDE "when I played LDE in such and such game" and "maybe I'll get some snaps at LDE if...". The later statement I think was an inference to getting traded. He played LDE in college.

I’ll buy that. He should be strong against the run and setting the edge, but he’s not really a pass rusher at this point.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mis-read the title of the thread and thought it said, "Where's Taco Land?". I was ready to program my Tom Tom to take me to this wonderous place.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Miami should pick him up and give him a test run this season. It's not like they have anything to lose and they don't have to spend any resources to acquire him.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Right here
4gringos-4-gringos-food-truck-best-taco-salsa-tortilla-mexican-streetfood-foodora-oslo-norway-scandinavia-restaurant-review-food-foodie-eat-eating-dine-dining-best-tips-guide-travel-2016-8.jpg
:
Don't ruin food

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Lol he plays against us Sunday. You couldn’t write this script any better if you tried.