10. Wentz
11. Mayfield
12. Watson
13. Cousins
14. Stafford
15. Cam.
16. Foles.
17. Dak.
This is reasonably close. He was rated 21st for most of the year by NFL.com but improved to 18th by the end of the year. Arguments can be made for him to be a couple positions higher or lower, but to rank him in the top ten would be insane.

jnday

Reaction score
Dez went smooth off when he came back from injury and the 8 games over the 2nd half of the season his numbers were on par with his career highs. He won us the game against the Vikings and dominated the packers in the playoffs. Knock if off
One thing that hurt Dez is not having a QB capable of throwing the back shoulder passes and high point passes that Romo was able to throw. An inaccurate QB with little ability to throw these passes made Dez look less than average.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Garrett might not have ever gone full Air Coryell but his offense was mostly influenced by it, as he has said before in learning from Zapese. As even Aikman has said the offense has changed some but the concepts are still there.

I never said Dallas is running the Coryell offense. But what im saying is look at the offense with Owens and Glenn that was Coryell. Romo was chucking it up all day with them.

As has happened between me and u before we just have to agree to disagree

That was not Air Coryell. Look, I'm telling you, that is not Coryell's Offense. Also, Zampese did not run Coryell's Offense. He ran his own, which I will admit was influenced by Coryell but it was not Air Coryell. Keep in mind, Zampese was really only the OC for the Chargers in name only, even though he is listed as the OC for like 4 years. It was really always Coryell, while he was there. Some key differences, Coryell used a lot of 2 TE stuff. One kept in to inline block and one move guy. Zampese used way more flood zone techniques. Coryell taught to read and throw to the open guy immediately, regardless of who might be open where. Zampese had a lot more designation and design to free up a given result. Coryell used backs in the passing game a lot more then did Zampese. Look at the years that Zampese was in Dallas, that offense ran the ball. That heavy ball control offense was not a staple of Air Coryell. The biggest rushing year for Chuck Muncie, in SD, was 1148 yards. Other then that, he never broke a thousand.

Romo never ran the Coryell Offense either. One of the staples of Coryell's teachings were for the QB to get rid of the ball as soon as possible. Throw to the first open guy, period. That was never Romo. I understand how somebody who didn't actually see Coryell's offense could get what Zampese teaches mixed up. I mean, they are similar in that they both like vertical but they are not the same offense, trust me.

blueblood70

Reaction score
hes 10-15 depending on what you look at.. he should be paid around 25 but im betting he gets 28 even though that would be mistake its better than 35 :)

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
One thing that hurt Dez is not having a QB capable of throwing the back shoulder passes and high point passes that Romo was able to throw. An inaccurate QB with little ability to throw these passes made Dez look less than average.
or maybe cuz dez lost a step and was dropping all those back shoulder throws. he couldn't even beat 1 on 1 coverage consistently. i love dez and still rock his jersey but let's not go crazy

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
That was not Air Coryell. Look, I'm telling you, that is not Coryell's Offense. Also, Zampese did not run Coryell's Offense. He ran his own, which I will admit was influenced by Coryell but it was not Air Coryell. Keep in mind, Zampese was really only the OC for the Chargers in name only, even though he is listed as the OC for like 4 years. It was really always Coryell, while he was there. Some key differences, Coryell used a lot of 2 TE stuff. One kept in to inline block and one move guy. Zampese used way more flood zone techniques. Coryell taught to read and throw to the open guy immediately, regardless of who might be open where. Zampese had a lot more designation and design to free up a given result. Coryell used backs in the passing game a lot more then did Zampese. Look at the years that Zampese was in Dallas, that offense ran the ball. That heavy ball control offense was not a staple of Air Coryell. The biggest rushing year for Chuck Muncie, in SD, was 1148 yards. Other then that, he never broke a thousand.

Romo never ran the Coryell Offense either. One of the staples of Coryell's teachings were for the QB to get rid of the ball as soon as possible. Throw to the first open guy, period. That was never Romo. I understand how somebody who didn't actually see Coryell's offense could get what Zampese teaches mixed up. I mean, they are similar in that they both like vertical but they are not the same offense, trust me.

Ernie Zampese learned it from Don Coryell when he was OC for the chargers dude.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Hahahahah so where’s the list?

You can’t provide it because it doesn’t exist. You’re full of crap.

Even if this alleged list DID exist, why would you blame the QB for a loss if he played well? Did you blame Tony Romo when he’d put up great numbers in a 38-35 loss?

Anyways, back to the topic at hand: where’s the list????? Don’t try to weasel your way out of this.

Consider yourself exposed.
:lmao2:

Edit:

Dak has 24 career games with a 100+ passer rating... and we’re 23-1 in those games.

OOOOOPPSSS!!!! Your garbage has been debunked.
9-15 with under 100... Oops looks like your garbage has been debunked. It's too easy with you guys. That's not good if your QB is a blatant front-running guy like everyone we have faced with a good defense says. Focus on Zeke and make Dak best you. How many of those 23 wins coincide with Zeke going off.

Proof

Reaction score
Who threw him the ball?

LOL way to cherry-pick. Why didn’t he produce in the 1st half of 2016? He finished the year with 796 yards while playing in 13 games, a pace of 980 yards if he played all season.

ALL-PRO!!!!
:laugh:

Uhh Dak? Not sure what your point is there as I wasn’t disparaging him. He missed most of the first half of the season and they didn’t develop a rapport, but even still he had 9 tds and the monster playoff game.

Nav22

Reaction score
9-15 with under 100... Oops looks like your garbage has been debunked. It's too easy with you guys. That's not good if your QB is a blatant front-running guy like everyone we have faced with a good defense says. Focus on Zeke and make Dak best you. How many of those 23 wins coincide with Zeke going off.
I don’t know, why don’t you look it up?

And please define “blatant front-running guy.” Sounds like something a stupid person makes up when he’s defeated.

His point was that Zeke is the one who makes or breaks the Cowboys, and what Dak does is irrelevant.

Now you clowns know that that’s completely false. You’re welcome.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I don’t know, why don’t you look it up?

And please define “blatant front-running guy.” Sounds like something a stupid person makes up when he’s defeated.

His point was that Zeke is the one who makes or breaks the Cowboys, and what Dak does is irrelevant.

Now you clowns know that that’s completely false. You’re welcome.
9-15 isn't false. It holds just as much weight as you spouting off 23-1. It's the exact same sample size it is obvious to me that it's a front running stat because when things are not perfect he is well below .500... You guys can't handle this and get belligerent. It is there for the world to see were other QB'S can win games when things aren't going to plan and off script it's paid obvious he can't pull it off.

Nav22

Reaction score
9-15 isn't false. It holds just as much weight as you spouting off 23-1. It's the exact same sample size it is obvious to me that it's a front running stat because when things are not perfect he is well below .500... You guys can't handle this and get belligerent. It is there for the world to see were other QB'S can win games when things aren't going to plan and off script it's paid obvious he can't pull it off.
Pay close attention.

You’re making my point for me.

Like all NFL teams nearly all the time, we don’t succeed when our QB struggles.

And we generally succeed when our QB plays well.

He’s 32-16 as a starter because he’s been a successful QB. His strong stats back this up as well.

Others tried to say “Zeke carries us” and it makes no difference how Dak plays.

That’s complete bull, as you can see from the 9-15 record you pointed out.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Pay close attention.

He’s 32-16 as a starter because he’s been a successful QB. His strong stats back this up as well.

No what's complete bull is that stupid "32-16" mantra you and other Dakites spout off incessantly while absolving Dak from his 9-15 record when having a passer rating under 100. If he's so great as you guys assert adnausiem he wouldn't be 9-15 in those games.

Hey it has to be all rainbows and sunshines.

Nav22

Reaction score
No what's complete bull is that stupid "32-16" mantra you and other Dakites spout off incessantly while absolving Dak from his 9-15 record when having a passer rating under 100. If he's so great as you guys assert adnausiem he wouldn't be 9-15 in those games.

Are you remedial? Those numbers just prove how vital Dak’s success is to the team’s overall success. What are you even trying to say?
:lmao2:

23-1 when his passer rating is above 100.

9-15 when his passer rating is below 100.

When Dak plays great football, the team almost always wins.

When Dak doesn’t play great football, the team usually loses.

We’ll go as far as Dak carries us, like it or not. And our overall record under Dak absolutely buries you know-nothing haters.

Save up those SWEET, YUMMY tears of yours for me when he signs his new deal, will you?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am glad you had the patience and time to dig out the facts.....I just run out of patience with these Dak Lovers...I am sure Nav22 is somewhere spinning things to make a case for his delusion and his man crush on Dak

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Pay close attention.

so he gets all the credit for the wins?

and what front running stats? oh, the ratings thing...when he passed for 190 yards and had a rating of 104 or something...woohoo......

he has been an average passer in a league that boasted 13 4000 yard passers.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

its funny how he spun so quickly....... he wasn't going to win a made up delusion against facts, not he is spinning to another line of argument...32-16 as a starter...... like I said, these Dak lovers do nothing but spin spin spin.

I promise you very shortly, he will say, well he is our QB, he is going to get 25 mill a year, so if you don't like it change your team, or stop cheering or burn or something to that effect...its inevitable for the Dak lovers to come back to that line of non-reasoning

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My top 10 based on winning over the next 3 seasons...

Mahomes, Luck, Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, Mayfield, Ryan.

Get ready Dak haters...I would not take any other QB over Dak for the next 3 years. So that puts him at 11. Guy is a winner. Stafford should be good but he isn’t. Newton is a head-case. Don’t even start with Trubisky. Overrated! Jimmy G is ALWAYS hurt. Same with Wentz. Carr is a head-case. Goff just sucks.

Sorry hard to pick those guys over Dak.