Where would you rank Dak?

jay94

Reaction score
Some youtube content creator had a poll saying they would rather have Dak over Wilson. Homer biases are still in complete affect.

aaev84

Reaction score
He had watkins and hill.. hunt had a pretty good year. And a pretty good defense.
Right, but what kind of numbers did those guys put up the year before? I mean they paid a lot for Watkins whom was pretty questionable as a #1. I.E. they had no idea they would get anywhere near the level of production they did with the receiving unit they had

Sydla

Reaction score
yes, how you judge a team, not just the QB......apparently, Dak gets credit for all the wins, but losses are team's fault.

Exactly.

The biggest example of why looking at wins for a QB is partly stupid is the Oakland game in 2017. We won. Dak had a rating of like 55 that game.

Yeah, he won us that game.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I just saw a list for 2018 from ESPN that had him 12th last year. Another from NBC had him ranked 19th, but that was for fantasy scores.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Usually, when we lose, everybody is hurt and the coaches forgot how to coach and we have no pros at every position. It's a miracle Dak wins any games doing it all on his own.
I wish he would do a commercial and tell all the fans how he's the reason we win and the losses are on the team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Exactly.

The biggest example of why looking at wins for a QB is partly stupid is the Oakland game in 2017. We won. Dak had a rating of like 55 that game.

Yeah, he won us that game.
but but but he is 23-1 when he has rating of over 100 and 9-15 when he doesn't and when we lose its the OL, the bad WR and coaching......(sarcasm fully intended)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Fair enough..

Now imagine the 3 guys you said no to (Mayfield, Watson and Wentz) having Zeke behind them.. I bet they would look much better.
Wentz had/has good RB's thus far in his tenure. Lol, Zeke sure wouldn't help Wentz behind him. Wentz can't even play a full season. Wentz has never even played a snap in the playoffs. Wentz has yet to beat the Cowboys. Puh....leez! Wentz better with Zeke behind him.... :lmao2:

Coy

Reaction score
Wentz had/has good RB's thus far in his tenure. Lol, Zeke sure wouldn't help Wentz behind him. Wentz can't even play a full season. Wentz has never even played a snap in the playoffs. Wentz has yet to beat the Cowboys. Puh....leez! Wentz better with Zeke behind him.... :lmao2:

You are right, the 2 time rushing champ definitely woudldn`t help Wentz. :huh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak has three years of experience with the guys on the team. Chemistry is important. With that considered I rank him with the best the league has. I don't think the WR corps would want to lose a hot Dak for a cold Rodgers or Brady in the heat of a game.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Rank him somewhere along the line of "would he really be that much better than ANYONE we could bring in for less, given the system he's in and the the talent surround him?"
Absolutely.

We saw two different QBs in the same system and better weapons in 2015 and we had one of the worst offenses in the league and went 4-12

Really easy answer

plasticman

Reaction score
57 QB's in NFL history has thrown a thousand passes in their first three seasons. Dqk is ranked 3rd behind Wilson and Marino in passer rating.

Only Cam Newton has rushed for more TD's.

Dak is ranked #1 in completion percentage. Of those QB that were truly tested in their first three seasons, Dak was the most accurate in history.

Dak is ranked 5th in wins with 32 but three of the top four are tied with 33 wins.

These are not my rankings or "their" rankings, these are THE rankings. As far as comparing him to the other current NFL starters, I don't think it can be done fairly and impartially considering the different levels of experience and surrounding talent.it is difficult to factor in exterior circumstances like favorable field position from a superior defense or injuries along the offensive line or WR squad.

Still, how many would have predicted that a rookie drafyed in the 4th round would start every game in his first three seasons, three consecutive winning seasons while averaging almost 11 wins?

Yet, here he is, being further disrespected. Dak has never been suspended. He was there for every game. When you are suspended you record zero sacks, zero yards gained, zero TD's. That should be considered during contract negotiations.

The Cowboys can't afford to pay Dak what he is worth. Hopefully, they will find a way to make it work but if we lose him we rush another "dark ages" like the one between White and Aikman or Aikman and Romo.