Where's the passion?

Reaction score
I'm watching both the Eagles/Skins, Titans/Ravens games back & forth, and there's something that just keeps jumping out at me. Where is the passion on the Dallas defense?? All four of the teams' defenses I'm watching are playing as if the livihoods of all the defenders depends on the outcome of the games.

I haven't seen that with the Dallas defense for some time. The offense, too, for that matter. Like I was telling my grandson who plays JV at the age of 14. It's good that your coaches are teaching you all of the correct fundamentals. That's where you start. After a while, though, what matters is "Who wants to win more. Who is willing to hit the hardest? Who is willing to get the meanest? When you put a kid in the hospital, you can be very gracious in apologizing to his mother about how sorry you are that her son is hurt, but sometimes, that's what it takes to win. Sign his cast, tell him good luck next game, then move on.

This Cowboys' defense has some of the most talented players in the NFL, but it won't matter if they don't play like it. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. These dogs need to grow Pit Bull hearts to beat the Bengals & go on from here.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
the first step is admitting you suck when you suck.

to be honest, i haven't really paid much attention this past week, but did our D-Line at least admit that the Commanders were running over them?

kmp77

Reaction score
Yeah, we lack what I see on other teams. Even when they get beat they have a certain passion or aggression I don't see on our D. Not sure if we're soft or we just have too many nice guys. Something is just missing. Kinda like when you watch a made for tv movie and it just seems off compared to "real" movies....

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2308539 said:
Smart man.

Nope, just a sequences and series calc midterm.

class average is a 46 and our professor decided it'd be "cool" to not post individual grades until we get them handed to us on tuesday.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
no intensity whatsoever...no pass rush at all

they even let that slob Cedric Benson gain positive yds over and over, after bringing him in off the scrap heap

this team just doesnt have "it"

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dallas Defense held Cincy to 6 points, basically gave the offense 3 points on it's own, and after the Tony Fumbo fumbled it, we could've given them a TD, but held them to 3.

I say we're doing pretty good.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Clove;2309263 said:
Dallas Defense held Cincy to 6 points, basically gave the offense 3 points on it's own, and after the Tony Fumbo fumbled it, we could've given them a TD, but held them to 3.

I say we're doing pretty good.

they did give them a TD, it was called back by a gratuitous hold

and on the last pass, not just one guy but two guys were wide open for tds, on top of the fact the QB could have easily scrambled for the first down, if not scoring himself

not one QB knockdown in the first half

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2309242 said:
no intensity whatsoever...no pass rush at all

they even let that slob Cedric Benson gain positive yds over and over, after bringing him in off the scrap heap

this team just doesnt have "it"
I feared it when we signed him and now i'm seeing it. Zach Thomas hurts our run defense.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
dbair1967;2309279 said:
they did give them a TD, it was called back by a gratuitous hold

and on the last pass, not just one guy but two guys were wide open for tds, on top of the fact the QB could have easily scrambled for the first down, if not scoring himself

not one QB knockdown in the first half
Believe me my friend, I don't like the defense but when they've done something good, I have to step up and say it, and I think our pass defense has been pretty good for the receivers we're going up against and no Newman.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wow. We're leading 17-6 after Romo gave them the ball deep in our territory and one KO return let them start at the 50, and it's still doom and gloom?

What would some of you have said if you were Giants fans when they had to go to OVERTIME to beat this team?

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2309298 said:
Wow. We're leading 17-6 after Romo gave them the ball deep in our territory and one KO return let them start at the 50, and it's still doom and gloom?

What would some of you have said if you were Giants fans when they had to go to OVERTIME to beat this team?
I doubt half these people know that happened.

robjgrif

Reaction score
So much for this team coming out and making a positive about last weeks loss! No passion, no heart! We starting to get pushed around by the Bengals!