Which Cowboy do you like more: DeMarco Murray or Zeke Elliott

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he has had several issues. got sued. got into a car accident. got caught going into a dispensary in denver. then the hold out, going to Mexico. he has been one drama after another....

Initially I would have said Zeke, because of Murray fumbling issues, but Zeke has now got the fumbleitis.

Wow, he got sued, he went to a dispensary, And a car accident, my gosh, how awful of a person. A trip to Mexico to get away from the media, well, ok then.

I got sued, about a year ago, over a house I sold, and I won.
Never been to a dispensary but if I walked by one, I would stop in to be curious.
Was in minor accident, when I was 17.
And I took 3 trips in 2019 just to get away. Will soon take another one since things are opened back up for the most part.

:laugh:

All in fun. I understand why some would be upset, but that crap does not bother me. It does me of no use, or good to let it bother me. It is life.
My point is, that is everyday life for many people. But only celebrities it is looked down at and fans want to act as if they are evil. :laugh:

SSoup

Reaction score
I like the one who cost us a mid-round pick instead of a top 5 pick, and who we wisely let walk before his wheels fell off instead of being left holding the bag by signing him to a stupid expensive extension to do a job that generic low-paid mid-rounders can easily do.

Zeke would have to put the team on his back and definitively carry them to a Super Bowl win to justify wasting all those resources on him. And it's just not likely. Even if we miraculously win anything during his time here, it'll likely be more the result of the passing game and the o-line. There's a strong chance his backup will be a more effective runner than him then, so he might not even be the best RB option on the team by the time he wins anything.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like both players but 2014 is one of my favorite seasons as a fan. I honestly believed that was the year and a large part was due to the oline and Murray’s play

Don’t forget Murray also did mentor Derrick Henry before he jumped as starter

Zeke if i had to choose but why?

we are fans because of the rich history and dynasty's their team has provided..

so RB being what tonyD, walker, Emmitt, Murray, and Zeke all great pros..add the other really good backs like Barber, Newhouse, Hill, garrison, jones, and others..we have rich history of great runners..

IDC about one good season Zeke been more consistent, its why if i had to choose ill take the rookie that blew up right out of college heck in preseason and became dominant star in the NFL..over a one great season back in Murray..

Aven8

Reaction score
People say Zeke is the toughest RB to tackle in football, but idk Murray was a punisher.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
People say Zeke is the toughest RB to tackle in football, but idk Murray was a punisher.
Yep. When the leading with the crown of the helmet penalty came out, Cowboys fans thought we would get killed with penalties because Murray would crush people. Check this one out...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wow, he got sued, he went to a dispensary, And a car accident, my gosh, how awful of a person. A trip to Mexico to get away from the media, well, ok then.

I got sued, about a year ago, over a house I sold, and I won.
Never been to a dispensary but if I walked by one, I would stop in to be curious.
Was in minor accident, when I was 17.
And I took 3 trips in 2019 just to get away. Will soon take another one since things are opened back up for the most part.

:laugh:

All in fun. I understand why some would be upset, but that crap does not bother me. It does me of no use, or good to let it bother me. It is life.
My point is, that is everyday life for many people. But only celebrities it is looked down at and fans want to act as if they are evil. :laugh:
I know right and some actors out there make Zeke look like choir boy like Charlie CSheen, mel gibson, robert downey jr, Jim beluishi, and many many more 100s if you want full list./.add in rock stars OMG

Now say ok sports far more actual bad humans playing football or in and around sports then zeke for sure.. how about our perfect 90s teams ohh wait WHITE Houses MI cocaine prostitutes' etc how about Nate Newton twice getting busted running van FULL of weed from tx and LA second one while already out on bail awaiting trial for the first time...many you havent heard of but **** the 70s, and 80s squad used steroids, meth and cocaine while playing.. remember Lawerence taylor admitting to using during games Holly wood Henderson..Jamal Lewis accused of murder and AAron Hernandez actually being murderer oh and HOF OJ Simpson..wow talk about the pride of sports.. heck Farve admittedly played high with pain meds etc..SMH there are 100s of examples that show zekes little incidents are nothing..reminders needed

they all make zeke look like a choir boy but hater want to hate...smh

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I like both players but 2014 is one of my favorite seasons as a fan. I honestly believed that was the year and a large part was due to the oline and Murray’s play

Don’t forget Murray also did mentor Derrick Henry before he jumped as starter
Sammy Morris.

sacase

Reaction score
DeMarco was a better RB IMO....

If Zeke would have done what Murray did at the 2:06 mark, fans would be talking about it for decades. Murray seems to slow down a lot and wait to be tackled.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Murray. He had some great games before Garrett realized the ground game was important winning.

He's #1 in single game rushing yards and is #1 in single season rushing yards.
Stayed out of trouble and never held out for a deal he never did receive here
Thought HE was the reason the team was winning and left for more money. Landed in Philly in a system that was trash and became trash. Lasted what, half a year?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Drop 2016 Zeke onto that 2014 Cowboys team and the dude may've had 2400 yards

Romo led the league in passer rating (playoffs and regular season) and there were no regular loaded boxes all year.
He and Murray and that line were in perfect synch.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Murray's attitude rubbed me the wrong way towards the end of his run here. I still liked him as a player, but it never felt like he would ever be here for the long term. Zeke at this point seems like a good dude, but it seems like he's playing for no reason. Murray was business over team, Elliot just seems like a body right now.

I would take rookie zeke over any year of Murray, that year Zeke would've had close to or over 2000 if the refs weren't calling penalties on half his breakout runs.

aria

Reaction score
Demarco would fall down with no defender on sight just because he was tired...

Zeke just sucks now a days.

Both in their prime I’ll take rookie Zeke. But Demarco was a better blocker and unlike Zeke he would pick up short yardage no matter what.
I think you got them reversed.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more with you Dandy Don. Definitely not a sure TD. But that play is a teaching point about not quitting. Peppers completely turned it around by giving extra effort. That play still haunts the Cowboys
It was a sure TD, no doubt. Peppers killed our season on that one play.

plymkr

Reaction score
Murray fumbled on a sure touchdown in the 2014 Divisional Round. His almost 1,900 yards during the season don't mean squat to me.

Zeke is a clown.

I'll take Emmitt.
I agree, all discussions of Dallas Cowboys RB begin and end with Emmitt.

Emmitt owned the regular season and dominated in the playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
look mang they both were good but zekes been far more cicnsistent d=from day 1 and outside of the 2020 which is mulligan given the OL and QB defense and st coaching gaffs hes the better RB..

i like them both..however Murray leaving for philly , welp you are disowned. Sorry Charlie, that treason..Murray who :)