Which Cowboys past/ present QB would you draft 1 overall?

blueblood70

Reaction score
doesnt saying Troy like cheating I mean wasn't he the #1 pick in his draft? he had a very mediocre in the regular season w-l record and td -int ratio so im not sure but given we get hindsight and KNOW he would be part of 3 superwbowl wins we must choose him..:) its too easy to go back and pick..

i for sure would have picked Dak still in the 4th but Romo would have gone in the 3rd possible and not left Undrafted..

its like Tom Brady would go #1 now vs 5th round RW 3rd round now #1 Kurt warenr late 1st early second vs undrafted et cetc

how about now where would you take Mayfield? 3rd rounder?

these are off season posts with not much substance LOL

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're holding the first overall pick in this draft and you have an opportunity to draft any Cowboys QB from current and past Cowboys' history. Who's draft card are you submitting?

I'm taking Staubach.

As owner or GM: Staubach

As an NFL QB in 2020...
Depends on the Offensive Coordinator.
Aikman uber physical talent but minimal "ad lib" ability.

Example:
Romo had to be an "ad lib" QB to succeed because the scheme did not get receivers open. Romo scrambled around to allow Dez to get open at an unknown time and location.

Aikman would have failed in that situation but Staubach would out "ad libbed" Romo.

In what evolved into the Dak offense with precise route runners Cooper/Gallup/Cobb, Aikman likely would be better than Staubach.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CAPTAIN AMERICA

Roger_the_Dodger_Staubach_game_clip.gif