Twitter: Which of these QBs Were You Pumped About

Mr_437

Reaction score
I was excited to see all of them because they we're a different bum than the one before them.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Thought I’d break the monotony. I actually thought Chutch had the tools to be good. Wow was I wrong. Bledsoe at least got a 9-7 in there

Great post. Memories...

For me Henson was the only guy I was pumped for. I was at a Michigan v Northwestern game years ago. Crazy game. I think Northwestern was 54-51 but Henson threw for 5 TDs. He looked great. I am shocked he was a total bust.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thought I’d break the monotony. I actually thought Chutch had the tools to be good. Wow was I wrong. Bledsoe at least got a 9-7 in there

And we can’t leave out the former Arkansas QB Jerry loved- Clint Stoener!
All these guys are good reminders of what happens to an NFL team with no one to play QB. It’s why all NFL QBs are overpaid. Just finding a decent one is difficult.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The college teams back then were not playing NFL style football. So it took time to coach a QB into playing NFL football.

Most of the QB's that fail in today's game fail because they went to bad teams that had more problems then one man could fix. Which is why Bill Parcells team building mechanics still work today. Build a defense first, find a QB second. There are only a hand full of teams in today's NFL that emphasize defense first.

So you say all of those QB's were bad? True, but how was Dallas' defense back then?

Defense wins Championships! A franchise QB without a decent defense, will look average.
Well not only that but our OL and blocking schemes were awful. I cut those qb's pre parcells some slack because I remember the qb being sacked as they came
back from center, and rb's being tackled as they got the hand off ! It was really bad.
The campo era defenses were ok, not great but decent, but our offense was so bad the defense was on the field almost non stop lol.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Yeah, those days were bad!! I can't believe we even tried to win with a terrible Ryan Leaf!!! I remember saying to my family that the Cowboys might as well put me in as QB cuz I couldn't possibly do any worse than the QB's they were trotting out on the field at that time!! LOL :laugh:
LOL. The Dak haters absolutely adored those savvy quarterbacks. :lmao2:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Where is Danny white. Roger Staubach. Gifford

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

How many people remember that we had Randall Cunningham starting as our quarterback. Who thought that would’ve ever happened

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Ok. You just want a good QB. You couldn't care less if Dallas is competitive or not, just a good QB. Some of us disagree. If we're not going to be in the running for a championship there's no reason to pay a flashy QB.

What? This is a fun thread where I’m throwing out the trash we had before. I’m not even sure what this is about

pete026

Reaction score
I'd proudly have to say I was the most "pumped" by Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman. Both of those two QBs delivered in a big way when it counted the most. To me, that's the sure sign of a winner. Yes, there were others that came close but Roger and Troy certainly stood out convincingly. Put either of those two in the midst of a big game and they delivered the goods in glorious fashion so many times! :)
I think that Bull....... flopped!

Miller

Reaction score
And we can’t leave out the former Arkansas QB Jerry loved- Clint Stoener!
All these guys are good reminders of what happens to an NFL team with no one to play QB. It’s why all NFL QBs are overpaid. Just finding a decent one is difficult.

Great memory Bob. Speaking of, look how fun those years were
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Stoerner

In 2001, he was allocated to the Scottish Claymores of NFL Europe, where he was named the starting quarterback. In that season, the Cowboys would use a combination of Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Stoerner and Ryan Leaf, starting a franchise-high four quarterbacks in a season. Stoerner started two games, including week 7, when the Cowboys were leading the New York Giants 24–7 at halftime, but thanks in part to Stoerner's throwing 4 interceptions, the team lost in overtime. In an unusual move, Stoerner was benched in favor of Leaf late in the 4th quarter of a tie game. It was Leaf's debut with the team, but he couldn't pull out the victory.[7]He was released on August 23, 2003, when he was passed on the depth chart by undrafted rookie Tony Romo.[8]

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Henson was there to save the day! We finally got a top 10 pick wo having to use one...well that was a good pr push from JJ I'll give him that. Draft one in the first, it can't kill ya.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The college teams back then were not playing NFL style football. So it took time to coach a QB into playing NFL football.

Most of the QB's that fail in today's game fail because they went to bad teams that had more problems then one man could fix. Which is why Bill Parcells team building mechanics still work today. Build a defense first, find a QB second. There are only a hand full of teams in today's NFL that emphasize defense first.

So you say all of those QB's were bad? True, but how was Dallas' defense back then?

Defense wins Championships! A franchise QB without a decent defense, will look average.
But a great QB can raise the level of the whole team like Brady and Mahomes are doing.

Miller

Reaction score
It's all good, Frog. I'm a borderline moron anyway. It will be interesting to see what actually happens.

All good man! Just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn’t making a statement on anything. Just what our lineup used to be like

Flamma

Reaction score
All good man! Just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn’t making a statement on anything. Just what our lineup used to be like

To be honest, I quoted the wrong post. You were confused, I was embarrassed, hence me calling myself a borderline moron. Won't be the last time.