Twitter: Which of these QBs Were You Pumped About

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This is what happens when you put virtually no draft resources into the position.
They used a 2nd round pick on Quincy and a gave up a 3rd in trade for Chad Henson. So they did use draft resources. The killer in the Quincy draft was all they had to do was trade up into the late first and get the guy I wanted, Drew Brees. But they did manage to finally find Tony. I don't think they had much available besides Brees where they were picking in those years and once they found Tony Romo they didn't "need" to draft the guy that really stands out in 2005, Aaron Rodgers.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Dennis Green said the Vikings would have taken Quincy Carter with their 3rd round pick had the Cowboys not drafted him in the second round. At the time of the draft, The Vikings had a 3rd round grade on him. Probably other teams did too. Too bad Quincy Carter got derailed by the drugs. I think Quincy Carter would have done better in the NFL today with the rule changes and being more lenient with drugs rather than 20 years ago.

Yes, Jerry probably wanted him. You can criticize Jerry for that with your hindsight crystal ball. But, you can't criticize Jerry for taking him rounds earlier than where he would have been drafted. Jerry would not have got him if he waited for a later round.
Unfortunately Quincy was doing harder drugs than just pot.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
They didn’t have these weapons though. They would
be unstoppable now.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wasn’t Quincy carter a first rounder? As well as Ryan leaf?

The list is a mile long of QB's (and other positions) taken in the 1st round, even as high as the very 1st pick that turned out to be busts in the NFL.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
To be honest, I quoted the wrong post. You were confused, I was embarrassed, hence me calling myself a borderline moron. Won't be the last time.

Well there we go! Cheers!

robertfchew

Reaction score
Dallas used the #53 pick in 2001 on Quincy which was considered a reach. They traded the #73 pick in the 2005 draft for Henson. They used the #101 pick in 2009 on McGee.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a position that they used less draft capital on outside of kicker/punter over that time. You'd also be hard pressed to find a position where they had greater need.

Is there any other team that has gone that long w/out a 1st round qb? I know we got lucky on our last two guys so that kinda skews it but still.

robertfchew

Reaction score
Unfortunately Quincy was doing harder drugs than just pot.

the ones that keep re offending all do. Ask any pot head and they'll tell you weed isn't addictive. So if someone keeps getting popped for substance abuse I assume it's meth, opiates, or booze.

kskboys

Reaction score
the ones that keep re offending all do. Ask any pot head and they'll tell you weed isn't addictive. So if someone keeps getting popped for substance abuse I assume it's meth, opiates, or booze.
I know several potheads who are severely addicted to pot. You may be asking the wrong guys.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Wasn’t Quincy carter a first rounder? As well as Ryan leaf?

No Carter was a 2nd rounder. However thanks to the Galloway deal the Cowboys did not have a first round pick that year so he WAS the Cowboys first pick.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Carter was a 2nd, and was universally considered overdrafted by us.

Leaf had already failed miserably. He was a cheap FA who had already flopped.

Carter ended up having a winning record in Dallas. I think he could have had a decent career if he had been able to conquer the demons in his head. Dude had a cannon and was a magician at escaping the rush. Maybe the best I've ever seen. The other component of his downfall was that he was rushed into the starting lineup by Jerry. Carter was extremely raw coming out of college and needed at least two years of seasoning to be NFL ready.

pete026

Reaction score
Pot has very minor physically addictive symptoms but can be very psychologically addictive. The others have both types and the physical addictions can be very hard to break.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
How many people remember that we had Randall Cunningham starting as our quarterback. Who thought that would’ve ever happened
Jerry showing his GM talents early on !:laugh:
He hired all the former round 1 qb busts, many of the former big name qb's in their last years, and then the great low round draft picks he made lol :clap:
Jerry is always looking for names at a bargain price, thats why they had poe on the DL. and the other guy forget his name.
That is why we had whedon , and the rb from oakland, and why we have MM as HC.

pete026

Reaction score
If you think you're clever, sorry but obnoxious fits better. :rolleyes:
It was a joke...... I actually thought your original post was clever but was either ignored or went over the heads of others. Hence the term flopped.

Gaede

Reaction score
I actually thought Wright had a chance. He seemed better than the other trash at the time.

Also, Quincy had troubles. But he had talent. Still remember the game winner vs Carolina to Bryant