Which player being available at 10 would help the Cowboys the most?

Scotman

Reaction score
Either because they would provide amazing trade value or because the Cowboys would take them.

No one expected Lamb to get to us last year. I didn't want a receiver, but I'm glad we took him. Which player landing in our laps this year would have the biggest benefit?

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Stack the picks BABY!!!!
Let me be a GM and in 3 years we would have so many new faces, no huge contracts and will be making a SB run. Year 4 and 5 we will be in a real cap problem, but that could be sorted out!

75boyz

Reaction score
Zach Wilson. For all the obvious reasons discussed ad nauseam in reference to the benefits of team building around a first contract QB.

timb2

Reaction score
Kyle Pitts another weapon on a air offense. Think the 80s San Diego Chargers.

Prescott-Fouts
Cooper- Joiner
Lamb- Chandler
Gallup- Jefferson
Pitts- Winslow
Elliott- Muncie
Pollard- Brooks
Schultz- Sievers

Fouts,Joiner,Winslow are in the Hall of Fame

Chandler,Jefferson,Muncie,Brooks were All- Pros

Chargers just were bad on Defense they had some pieces but never could get the defense right.

Chargers had no problem scoring 30 to 40 points on people.

Last edited:

J-man

Reaction score
If somehow Wilson or Fields makes it to 10, we will have multiple suitors for the pick. Could get some real draft capitol out of it. But I wouldn't want to move back very far and only if we still had a shot at several top tier defensive targets.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would think at this time Surtain or Farley would be the likely selection

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are several teams that will be looking for QB's, that pick below us. NE has the 15th picks, then bears at #20.
Any thing lower then the 15th from NE, must have a 2022 1st round pick, or multiple 2nd and 3rd rounds this year and next, plus this years 1st rounder.

With NE those 2nd and 3rd round pick would be in play more.
If Colts do not trade for Wentz, or sign Trubisky or Dalton as a stop gap for a year or two, they may be a trade partner.
The Steelers, Saints, TB may be all, if they want a QB to sit and learn for a year, unless Ben and Brees retires. Possibly Brady also, though he said he wants to play another year.

So I am all for a trade down. But CB or LB is the way to go if we use that pick. No DT's or S's are worth it at that point. If Pitts is there at TE, you can't disregard that pick though.