Which QB at the top of second round to replace dak

dallas72

Reaction score
Hopefully in that case lightning DOESN'T strike twice.

Realistically though, if you look at most of the top quarterbacks playing now, other than Brady, how many weren't first round picks?

Goff - 1st
Mariota (since he just beat us) - 1st
Rodgers - 1st
Brees - 2nd (1st pick in the 2nd)
Rothlisbergher - 1st
Mahomes - 1st
Ryan - 1st
Watson - 1st
Rivers - 1st
Luck - 1st

If you're going to "hitch your wagon to a star", then do what you have to do to get a high first round pick, as soon as there's a "sure fire" first round prospect....
Stafford, Trubisky,Cam,Ryan,Brees,Manning..ect ect...almost every QB was a 1st..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Can't see Miami bypassing a QB, along with maybe the Giants.

Not sure Lock falls out of the 1st.

I like Thorson and Grier
That's just it, any quarterback that looks like, or will look like, somebody that has a really good chance of being great will go in the first round. And I doubt any other team would take even a Zeke or Lawrence from Dallas for an early first round pick, if for no other reason they remember the Walker trade and are still ticked off at the Vikes for doing that trade, essentially giving Dallas a red carpet walk to greatness...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm just not impressed with Finley, per one draft analysis:

The aspect of Finley’s game that worries me is that he can be hot and cold in terms of accuracy. He shows the ability to fit passes into tight windows and then he can miss some throws that he should make. I also noticed he has trouble at times attacking downfield with his passes. I think he needs to learn to make better reads and he needs to not get caught staring down the receiver.

Aren't the bold print comments above the things people complain about Dak about?

I don't see any quarterback AT THIS TIME that I'd draft high...

Mr_437

Reaction score
Grier is my guy, right now, pre draft scouting from what I've seen. If it's me, I'm taking a QB this draft and next trying to fix that QB situation. Grier in the 2nd to go along with a FA QB, so Dak has all the competition he can stand.

Then after next season, look at Tua, Fromm, Haskins, Eason..etc.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
so Dak has all the competition he can stand.

So your'e saying either Dak isn't trying to get better? Competition does nothing unless the person being pushed isn't making an effort to get better or is just lazy.

If Dak doesn't "have it", as many here say, you could bring in 10 quarterbacks and it's not going to make Dak better.

If by bringing in more quarterbacks you're saying they can look at those other and find one that's better than Dak, fine, but that has nothing to do with Dak, you're would just be replacing him with somebody else...

Mr_437

Reaction score
So your'e saying either Dak isn't trying to get better? Competition does nothing unless the person being pushed isn't making an effort to get better or is just lazy.

If Dak doesn't "have it", as many here say, you could bring in 10 quarterbacks and it's not going to make Dak better.

If by bringing in more quarterbacks you're saying they can look at those other and find one that's better than Dak, fine, but that has nothing to do with Dak, you're would just be replacing him with somebody else...
Dak had his best year when a good QB was looking over his shoulder, so IMO competition can take certain players to higher heights.

I don't care if Dak is or isn't the QB next year as long as he's the best they could find and Dak proved it by beating out decent competition.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dak had his best year when a good QB was looking over his shoulder,

Don't see that, he was an emergency quarterback, I doubt he really thought that the job was his as long as he produced well, think he really felt as soon as Tony was healed he'd lose his job. And don't know, but I wonder if he felt he was really ready for the starting job, and didn't see Tony as competition but the guy who would start as soon as he was physically able.

And his success was largely due to Zeke, with Tony's advise in his ear.

But who knows...

cristglo

Reaction score
I'm just not impressed with Finley, per one draft analysis:

The aspect of Finley’s game that worries me is that he can be hot and cold in terms of accuracy. He shows the ability to fit passes into tight windows and then he can miss some throws that he should make. I also noticed he has trouble at times attacking downfield with his passes. I think he needs to learn to make better reads and he needs to not get caught staring down the receiver.

Aren't the bold print comments above the things people complain about Dak about?

I don't see any quarterback AT THIS TIME that I'd draft high...
Totally agree with he also has a weak arm that get him in trouble reminds me of Kellen Moore.
What do you think about Haskins if he comes out? He has a rocket arm and is accurate. Young but has upside.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Grier is my guy, right now, pre draft scouting from what I've seen. If it's me, I'm taking a QB this draft and next trying to fix that QB situation. Grier in the 2nd to go along with a FA QB, so Dak has all the competition he can stand.

Love it.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score

If we luck into Grier we won't need to draft another QB. Best deep ball accuracy I've ever seen to go along with the other intangibles. The kid is a very good QB and will be a star on Sundays.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the way Grier is playing...he might end up in the 1st...helluva QB.