Which QB you like

robertfchew

Reaction score
so in the first half vs Washington state Herbert is 1-6 for 7 yards and 1 rush for -7 yards
his first series was a fumbled snap
a snap that went past him into the endzone that he had to fall on which could have been a safety
a false start
a delay of game
and then a checkdown/punt

the only thing missing is Benny Hill music

yeah one game or not, I'm not trading 2 firsts or more for this guy

Capture.jpg

That is pretty awful but what if he comes and brings them back in the 2nd half ?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
so in the first half vs Washington state Herbert is 1-6 for 7 yards and 1 rush for -7 yards
his first series was a fumbled snap
a snap that went past him into the endzone that he had to fall on which could have been a safety
a false start
a delay of game
and then a checkdown/punt

the only thing missing is Benny Hill music

yeah one game or not, I'm not trading 2 firsts or more for this guy

Capture.jpg

So are you going to judge him based off seven first-half snaps or wait for him to throw the 30 point bomb?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I thought Herbert had an impressive second half. If you watched the game you saw at least two critical drops by his recievers and I'm not talking about the Tavon Austin outstretched arms variety. On one his TE had a would-be first down but was separated from the ball by the safety. On another one his WR had the first down in the redzone but flat-out dropped it (he was despondent about it afterwards). The Ducks bizarrely ran three straight run plays at the 7-8 yard line late in the 4th QTR down 14 points instead of going for the quick straight TD.

DiResta

Reaction score
So are you going to judge him based off seven first-half snaps or wait for him to throw the 30 point bomb?
no, that wouldn't be fair
I don't dislike Herbert at all- I don't like the thought of trading my draft for a guy that I don't feel is 100% the franchise qb. Herbert is physically perfect for the position but doesn't have the production that I'd be ok with
I see this as a weak class and that one of these lesser known guys might be just as good or better without giving up so much premium
like Darnold for example. the Jets traded picks for the guy and he was prone to throwing ints at USC and he looks awful in the nfl. I wouldn't go after the guy just to have the best rated of this group
you still have holes on both sides of the ball, as I said before I would add skill players and defense good enough to lean on
somehow I make it through 2019 with Dak or a vet or a combination of them and go all in for a guy that is exceptional (for me that is Tua)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
no, that wouldn't be fair
I don't dislike Herbert at all- I don't like the thought of trading my draft for a guy that I don't feel is 100% the franchise qb. Herbert is physically perfect for the position but doesn't have the production that I'd be ok with
I see this as a weak class and that one of these lesser known guys might be just as good or better without giving up so much premium
like Darnold for example. the Jets traded picks for the guy and he was prone to throwing ints at USC and he looks awful in the nfl. I wouldn't go after the guy just to have the best rated of this group
you still have holes on both sides of the ball, as I said before I would add skill players and defense good enough to lean on
somehow I make it through 2019 with Dak or a vet or a combination of them and go all in for a guy that is exceptional (for me that is Tua)

Goff looked completely overwhelmed and unprepared his rookie season. Rookie QBs hitting the ground running is the exception not the rule.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Herbert will be the 1st QB taken.
we look like we're headed for 8-8 or 7-9....we should be all over Mizzou QB Drew Lock.
but our GM thinks we have our Troy Aikman already...so sadly we wont.

Johnny23

Reaction score
There's talk of him coming back for his senior year and not entering the 2019 draft.

John813

Reaction score
What QB's are expected to fall/rise to day 2?

Guess it's too early to say till we know which juniors/redshirt-soph declare.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
The question now is if any of these guys are going to slip into the 2nd because of all the defensive talent in the draft.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Lewerke is like a Connor Cook clone.

Sub 60% career passer, only 60% this year.

Even Connor Cook never got benched in favor of the immortal Rocky Lombardi, who started instead of Lewerke today. :muttley:

Bigdog

Reaction score
Herbert is looking awful tonight against Az. He is missing guys who are wide open. Just having an off night. The announcers even said he is probably returning since his brother will be there and the entire offense will be back. One even mentioned that if Herbert comes back next year and leads the Ducks to a playoff he will go down as a legend in Eugene just like Joey Harrington is. Take it for what it is worth. Actually the qb thatnis playing well is the Az qb.