Which team makes the most sense to sign OBJ?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We are well aware the Odell Beckham Jr. is being released on Monday by the Browns. He has to go through league waivers first, where he is unlikely to be claim due to his large contract. Which team makes the most sense in signing him?

Saints-there were reports that the Saints and Browns were in trade discussions prior to the trade deadline. With Michael Thomas gone for the yr and OBJ from the area, makes a lot of sense.

Raiders-they just lost one of their most explosive weapons at the position with Henry Ruggs. They seemed to be attached to D. Jax, but why not find a better option?

Tampa-reportedly OBJ has a very close relationship with Tom Brady. Tampa isn't playing for the future and will do everything in their power to reach the SB again this season. Add him onto a loaded Bucs team, could make their offense extremely difficult to match-up against.

Chiefs-their offense just hasn't been the same since Watkins left, they have even kicked the can signing Gordon whose back from yet another suspension. Add OBJ with their current weapons, make their offense even more scarier.

Green Bay-the last few seasons, many could not understand, why haven't the Packers spent the resources for another top level WR opposite Adams. They just lost their #1 TE for the season.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The WFT, midgets, or eaglets….fingers crossed. He’s an absolute cancer.

kskboys

Reaction score
Also, team must have salary cap space. Any team that picks him up is responsible for his salary. I believe I saw it was 7+ mill.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Also, team must have salary cap space. Any team that picks him up is responsible for his salary. I believe I saw it was 7+ mill.
Thats if they pick him up off of waivers. I doubt any team will. There wont be that type of demand for him.

RaZon

Reaction score
Why would any team want this....ME ME ME it's all about ME....on their team? The guy doesn't get the....TEAM...thing at all.

Flamma

Reaction score
Why would any team want this....ME ME ME it's all about ME....on their team? The guy doesn't get the....TEAM...thing at all.

I don't see it. The Raiders picked up DeSean Jackson. Maybe some WR starved team at vet minimum or close to it? The Eagles would do it, but their not WR starved.

DFWJC

Reaction score
We are well aware the Odell Beckham Jr. is being released on Monday by the Browns. He has to go through league waivers first, where he is unlikely to be claim due to his large contract. Which team makes the most sense in signing him?

Saints-there were reports that the Saints and Browns were in trade discussions prior to the trade deadline. With Michael Thomas gone for the yr and OBJ from the area, makes a lot of sense.

Raiders-they just lost one of their most explosive weapons at the position with Henry Ruggs. They seemed to be attached to D. Jax, but why not find a better option?

Tampa-reportedly OBJ has a very close relationship with Tom Brady. Tampa isn't playing for the future and will do everything in their power to reach the SB again this season. Add him onto a loaded Bucs team, could make their offense extremely difficult to match-up against.

Chiefs-their offense just hasn't been the same since Watkins left, they have even kicked the can signing Gordon whose back from yet another suspension. Add OBJ with their current weapons, make their offense even more scarier.

Green Bay-the last few seasons, many could not understand, why haven't the Packers spent the resources for another top level WR opposite Adams. They just lost their #1 TE for the season.
The dude is not what he was and is a diva

Tampa doesn't make sense at all.
They have 3 locked in starters (all better than OBJ) and some good young guys even behind them.

New Orleans seemed like a match before Winston went down.

Green Bay would be an ok fit
Seattle, LV, or maybe KC too.
Haven't heard Indy, but Pittman could use a sidekick as they try tograb a wildcard

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The dude is not what he was and is a diva

Tampa doesn't make sense at all.
They have 3 locked in starters (all better than OBJ) and some good young guys even behind them.

New Orleans seemed like a match before Winston went down.

Green Bay would be an ok fit
Seattle, LV, or maybe KC too.
Haven't heard Indy, but Pittman could use a sidekick as they try tograb a wildcard
Brown has been hurt, could definitely see them signing Beckham

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Honestly, he's hasn't been the same player since 2016. Not many fans remember but one of the reasons the Giants turned on him was red zone issues. Read a couple of tweets from former coaches who pointed out the closer he gets to the red zone the less effective he becomes coz he's never been a good route runner but uses space and quickness to make a few chunk catches. Notice the drop in TDs after 2016......

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm

DBOY3141

Reaction score
he wants to go to Seattle and rumor is Wilson wants him there also.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Honestly, he's hasn't been the same player since 2016. Not many fans remember but one of the reasons the Giants turned on him was red zone issues. Read a couple of tweets from former coaches who pointed out the closer he gets to the red zone the less effective he becomes coz he's never been a good route runner but uses space and quickness to make a few chunk catches. Notice the drop in TDs after 2016......

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm
Hard to evaluate him playing in a run first offense with an average QB. When he was with Eli, he was a true gamebreaker. Think it's all about the fit with him, put him with a good QB in a passing scheme and he should flourish. Hate to say it, but I think he lands with one of these NFC playoff teams. Put him on any of the Bucs, Rams or even GB and it created more matchup concerns.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm keeping an eye on the Seahawks .........he needs a strong vet presence, especially at QB.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised nobody's mentioning Baltimore. Their WR corps is pretty weak and they should be all-in.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, nobody claimed OBJ off of waivers, so he's a free agent now.

RaZon

Reaction score
Don't do it Seahawks, you'll regret it if ya do.

Metcalf and OBJ....hell no!