Who’s the guys out there for OC?

DFWJC

Reaction score
They've kept guys from leaving with $. Sadly Garrett was one of them. You make it sound like an OC making $2million wouldn't leave for a job paying $4million.
No, thats not what Im saying. Im saying Ive never seen it happen so, although its inthe 1% chance (instead of zero) its very highly unlikely.
In fact, I think the rules say you have to give up draft picks as well if its a lateral move.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They've kept guys from leaving with $. Sadly Garrett was one of them. You make it sound like an OC making $2million wouldn't leave for a job paying $4million.
Garrett was leaving for a higher level job....OC to head coach.
I said lateral moves.

So, if we want so eones QB coach to be our OC, then of course we can steal him

Zman5

Reaction score
Anyone under Shanahan we can pick off? Shanahan loves having his QB throw on the move. I think his version of WCO would be perfect for Dak and Zeke.

rags747

Reaction score
I would like a women to get the job, let’s meet the Rooney rule and be progressive as possible.

Qcard

Reaction score
Bill Callahan is coming back.

Perfect Fit. Remember you saw it here 1st. :dance:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Along the same lines of having ties back to their Miami days, Coley is one outside candidate to be considered. He was recently named offensive coordinator at Georgia after being the co-offensive coordinator for the Bulldogs in 2018. Coley has been with Georgia since 2014 as the wide receivers coach before the promotion. He was with Garrett and Linehan in Miami under Nick Saban from 2005-2006. He moved on to Florida State (his alma mater) and the University of Miami (Fla) before joining Georgia.

Coley’s offense is very similar to what the Cowboys are doing currently. They are a run heavy offense that builds their passing attack off of that. This past season, their offensive splits were 63/37 in favor of the run. They didn’t ask their quarterback to have to carry the load, much like Dallas. Bringing in Coley seems like it could be favorable for Dallas, especially with his ties to Jason Garrett from their time with the Dolphins.

The big question is would the recently promoted Coley leave Georgia to pursue an offensive coordinator position with Dallas? Some feel that Coley is on the fast track to running his own program at the college level. Not to mention the fact that, without knowing if Garrett will be back beyond 2019, does he take the chance on potentially being out of a job a season later? It seems unlikely but he is a name that should be circled for the time being.

I hope not. Im sick of this 90s run first offense. I want an offense built around misdirections, play action, bootlegs and RPO. Im sick of Dak being a pocket passer. He needs to also use his legs to keep defenses honest.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Garrett has, though, and is insurance there. I don’t know about Campbell’s offensive mind, but I really like him.

We had some personality issues going on between the players and Linehan going back to last year I believe. He won that power struggle, but it only bought him a year of rope. Maybe just a fresh face and firey personality on the offensive side to pair with Richard is what’s needed?

Clappy going to start calling plays again?

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

This is going to be EPIC:thumbup:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
In another thread there’s a Calvin Watkins tweet stating Kellen Moore will be retained. This proves that the new OC will be powerless. I know everyone is surprised!

Got to have somebody to bring coffee and donuts to the offensive meetings, that is pretty much the only positive Moore brings to the table.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What’s the latest on Lincoln Riley, I remember some folks discussing him here in the past, I honesty don’t know a whole lot about him, is he an option? A good fit?

He is the head coach of Oklahoma University...……...he aint leaving that gig to be OC under Garrett.

If he comes to Dallas, it will be as the new Head Coach.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I will say one thing I really don't want a guy calling plays who has not done it before. I want a young, creative and established play caller and I think Dak, Zeke and Amari do too.