Who all collected Dallas Cowboys team posters from McDonald's?

Hardline

Reaction score
And why McDonald's stop doing it?

f9c5ed87b2a400770ddbc0b110f8434d.jpg

4a17e3482f3a33325d95d32e992e5d10.jpg

36211680612_26cba31ec0_b.jpg

36353849016_38d12c40f1_b.jpg

img_emzkVZxhw6U4DS2_r.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
i think i had the one from '84.

i had the glasses from burger king.

and the set of prints from pizza hut honoring the ROH inductees...bob lilly,don meredith,don perkins,chuck howley,roger staubach and mel renfro.

back to the mcdonalds posters...i dont remember our stores here in okc offering them in '86 or '87 or '88...but i know they exist because i see them on ebay.

Hardline

Reaction score
i think i had the one from '84.

i had the glasses from burger king.

and the set of prints from pizza hut honoring the ROH inductees...bob lilly,don meredith,don perkins,chuck howley,roger staubach and mel renfro.

back to the mcdonalds posters...i dont remember our stores here in okc offering them in '86 or '87 or '88...but i know they exist because i see them on ebay.
I had all those also.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because the last 25 years of teams has been used as wrappers for half eaten McRibs and created one gigantic landfill. People couldn't decide which was worse, the thing they just tasted or the team they wrapped it up in. McRibs are so nasty, they have to force the pickles on there at gunpoint.

During the Romo years, they had to get the two skinniest players to be on either side of him but bending because his ears blocked out the normal sized players. When they were sitting, they'd have to carve out some of the bench for Romo's butt so he wouldn't look taller than the other players.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Because the last 25 years of teams has been used as wrappers for half eaten McRibs and created one gigantic landfill. People couldn't decide which was worse, the thing they just tasted or the team they wrapped it up in. McRibs are so nasty, they have to force the pickles on there at gunpoint.

During the Romo years, they had to get the two skinniest players to be on either side of him but bending because his ears blocked out the normal sized players. When they were sitting, they'd have to carve out some of the bench for Romo's butt so he wouldn't look taller than the other players.
Speak for yourself! Many of us love the McRib and can't wait for its return. Your recollection of the Romo years is terrible but funny nonetheless.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Speak for yourself! Many of us love the McRib and can't wait for its return. Your recollection of the Romo years is terrible but funny nonetheless.

I'm thinking CC may have been drinking way too much with that cat in his avatar...

Motorola

Reaction score
I was collecting Farrah Fawcett and Bo Derek posters back then.
I had ones for Lola Falana and Jayne Kennedy. The one with Linda Ronstandt on roller skates (reproduced from one of her album covers) - that poster was everywhere.

Does anyone recall were there Cowboys lunch boxes back then?

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe, it was my attempt at humor. I was actually a fan but the constant fat butt remarks about Romo were just too hard to pass up.

Praxit

Reaction score
..I was to busy hiding from the bullies at school. ..;)..

cowboyec

Reaction score
Maybe my lithographs are from Pizza Hut, the ones @cowboyec talked about. It's been so long ago when I got them.
they were sold in '84 during our silver season celebration.
they had a thick blue border around the image of each player.
really cool.