Who are legitimate contenders in the NFC?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I think their schedule is considered 19th toughest and Dallas' is considered 31st toughest (or 2nd easiest)

I mean, just for starters, the 49ers have the Rams, Seahawks, and Cards in their own division. That's 6 tough ones right from the start.

The Packers, Ravens, Bears, Steelers, and others.....now those are tough scedules.....on paper.

Strength of schedule is subjective depending on how you look at it. I was referencing this analysis.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
With Garrett as the coach holding back the team and Moore, all bets were off in 2019.

Are we forgiving all the bizarre stuff McCarthy did last year already?

What happens when Quinn fixes the defense and he’s still pulling the goofy coaching decisions?

Are all bets off this year too?

Aven8

Reaction score
How is San Fran good again? Because they made the SB 2 years ago? Garrap sucks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The offense under Dak never did anything until the middle of the 3rd quarter and after our opponents started playing us soft on defense because they had such a big lead. The offense under Dak has to move the ball in the first half of games too, because that will help the defense stay off the field. All those 3 and outs for 2 1/2 quarters last year didn't help the defense at all.

I keep bringing up 2019 because we had the #1 offense that year. We still lost games where our defense held teams to low scores like 12, 13, and 17 points. I can't shake that because for as good as the offense can look against terrible defenses, it can look equally as bad against basically every decent defense we play against. We are shut down WAY to easy on offense.

Until proven otherwise I still think we got 7-10 or 8-9. I really, really hope I am wrong about that.

The false narrative of Dak trolls. Which you clearly are.

Although trying to establish the run with Zeke and his fumbles early in games has contributed to some slower starts. It shouldnt be that big of a deal if your defense doesnt let the team march up and down the field.

Funny how you go back to 2019, but wont venture further. Is that becuase it doesnt suit your agenda and the Cowboys were winning?

The truth is that the Cowboys have NEVER had a losing season with Dak playing the entire year. So your under 500 prediction seems off. Heck they won 6 games last year with half the team injured and Dalton playing.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
How did I know just by the title that there would be some talk of "but if this or that go our way we're contenders"?

The defense was middle of the pack in 2019, in fact better then that (top 12), and we still went 8-8.

A middle of the pack defense means nothing when your offense does nothing against above average competition.
What do you think of the Commanders man? Are they a contender?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You cherry picking a couple games again huh. Haters hate. It's what you do.

Yah, he is clearly a Dak hater. The same cherry picking agenda. Same laughably dismissing of the #1 offense in NFL history last year with Dak. And nary a word about the defense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How is San Fran good again? Because they made the SB 2 years ago? Garrap sucks.

Defense had mass injuries last year. Getting all those guys back. Run game is amazing and getting the steady Gurrapolo back. Should be a tough team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

What happens when Quinn fixes the defense and he’s still pulling the goofy coaching decisions?

Not a great year for MM with in game management. At least he fired Nolan after one season. Garrett either wouldnt or couldnt do it with Marinelli.

Last year was an NA for me with no offseason and all the injuries.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

There were a few blunders to be sure, but a few of those can be attributed to trying things out in a lost season.

I am very encouraged by his 4th down decisions, on average.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There were a few blunders to be sure, but a few of those can be attributed to trying things out in a lost season.

I am very encouraged by his 4th down decisions, on average.

I think a lot of the Cowboys hopes for this next year rely on none of the other 3 teams taking a step forward. But that’s also the case for any hopes of the other 3 as well

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I think a lot of the Cowboys hopes for this next year rely on none of the other 3 teams taking a step forward. But that’s also the case for any hopes of the other 3 as well

Perhaps. For myself, I believe health is what will be the overarching factor for improvement of the team.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was talking about this last night with my buddy. There really aren't a lot of great teams in the NFC. Rogers claims he would rather retire or be traded. If Rogers is no longer in the NFC who are contenders in the NFC? This is the list I have:

Tampa
Rams
San Fran
Seattle

THATS IT!! There is nobody else I see as a great team. And Seattle is Seattle. They don't really scare me. If the Cowboys get healthy and the defense is middle of the pack, there is no reason we cant be in the mix with these teams.

Who can contend with us? Or taking us out of the equation?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Strength of schedule is subjective depending on how you look at it. I was referencing this analysis.

True, it is subjective.

That analysis is flawed...imo.
But I guess they all are.

No big deal. It's preseason.

But SF plays these potential playoff teams

Packers
Rams
Rams
Seahawks
Seahawks
Cards
Cards
Titans
Colts
Vikes

others too, but they are more like the Bears, etc.

They do have 3-4 games that they should win for sure though.

That doesnt look like the easiest schedule out of 32 teams....not even remotely close.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The false narrative of Dak trolls. Which you clearly are.

Although trying to establish the run with Zeke and his fumbles early in games has contributed to some slower starts. It shouldnt be that big of a deal if your defense doesnt let the team march up and down the field.

Funny how you go back to 2019, but wont venture further. Is that becuase it doesnt suit your agenda and the Cowboys were winning?

The truth is that the Cowboys have NEVER had a losing season with Dak playing the entire year. So your under 500 prediction seems off. Heck they won 6 games last year with half the team injured and Dalton playing.
Why venture further then when the team was healthy in 2019?

I mean do you really wanna talk about the 1-3 2020 Dak run? I don't see how that helps your case though.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What do you think of the Commanders man? Are they a contender?
They won the division last year, so yes.

Until proven otherwise they are the favorites to win it again this year because they have a defense. If the Super Bowl proved anything it's that a good defense will win you games more then a good offense.