Who are the Offensive Captains on this team going forward?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
With the return of Witten and Fredbeard to the team, who will be named as our captains on the offense? There is a limited number of captain slots available so who gets left out? Dak and Zeke stepped up last season as leaders in our offense and I would suggest they be captains but who else? Maybe Witten is the odd man out?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Shouldn't be Witten. Fact is he hung them up for a different opportunity and is only coming back because he feels the team is close and he wants a ring. That doesn't say leadership to me.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
With the return of Witten and Fredbeard to the team, who will be named as our captains on the offense? There is a limited number of captain slots available so who gets left out? Dak and Zeke stepped up last season as leaders in our offense and I would suggest they be captains but who else? Maybe Witten is the odd man out?

Fredbeard is my #1 pick. He seems like the leader of the oline, and they lead the offense.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is a limit of 6 captains allowed so I would think that means 2 or 3 each on offense and defense and then 1 or 2 from special teams. Last season the team only designated 5 captains... Chris Jones, Tyrone Crawford, Sean Lee, Zack Martin, and Dak Prescott. Maybe these guys will repeat as captain and they just add Witten as the 6th man. They don't have to vote on this until just prior to the first game so they have lots of time to figure it out. I was just curious what the posters here thought about it.

Reactions: Ken

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Emmitt & DeMarcus. :laugh:
Maybe Zack will have the honors again. Who knows. We the fans probably won't find out till September.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Witten does not need the title of Captain to be considered a leader by his teammates.

With that said....Dak, Zeke and Freddie would be my top on offense.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Irving.....oh wait he is gone
Gregory.....oh wait he is suspended
Rowdy, I wish he was gone

I guess Dak and Zack Martin, Zeke from offense.
defense, Sean Lee, just because he is the vet / coach type guy, Going to say Jaylon Smith and LVE. Time for the young ones to step up as Zeke did last year.

I would pick a ST's guy, but we don't know about K & P. But LP would be the guy from ST's.

slick325

Reaction score
The team will vote on it, but I suspect it will be the QB, Frederick and Witten.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Freddy if he plays this season. Possibly Jaylon Smith. The obvious choices Martin Prescott Jason Witten.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If y’all think these players gonna take Witten bs you’re sorely mistaken.