Who cares?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I disagree. It's about how you win and how you execute while winning. For a team with superbowl hopes they can't continue to play like this .

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Win most important for sure... that had all the traits of a bad loss but they dug it out.

Also important though.. whats wrong with Tony? for a while there everything was coming out badly, no spirals, underthrown etc. I'm big on Tony, he's got everything but you could tell he wasn't enjoying himself out there today, what gives?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2310178 said:
I disagree. It's about how you win and how you execute while winning. For a team with superbowl hopes they can't continue to play like this .
We played the Bengals just as well as the vaunted Giants did.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
TX_Yid;2310243 said:
Win most important for sure... that had all the traits of a bad loss but they dug it out.

Also important though.. whats wrong with Tony? for a while there everything was coming out badly, no spirals, underthrown etc. I'm big on Tony, he's got everything but you could tell he wasn't enjoying himself out there today, what gives?
He turned it around after the INT.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
windward;2310248 said:
We played the Bengals just as well as the vaunted Giants did.

I don't really care how the Giants played against the Bengals. What matters is our play and how we play against them. Where we should be at and where they should be at. After being up 17-0 in the first half it shouldn't have been 24-22 in the fourth.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2310262 said:
I don't really care how the Giants played against the Bengals. What matters is our play and how we play against them. Where we should be at and where they should be at. After being up 17-0 in the first half it shouldn't have been 24-22 in the fourth.
Then you're just looking at half of the equation.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2310222 said:
Wins don't cover up the fact we gave up 20 + points again.

How many points did the Bengals score when they started on their own half of the field?

How many of their scoring drives went more than 25 yards?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2310262 said:

I agree. This game shouldn't have been close. Yet, due to turnovers at critical junctions in the game, we let a severely inferior team hang around and it almost bit us in the ***.

We generated no pass rush until late in the 4th quarter when we knew they were passing. The soft zone defense is still atrocious...I have no idea why that is even in the playbook anymore... Owens still doesn't have anybody to help him out other than Witten... Our special teams are still suspect...and the run comes too easy for the other teams.

Say what you will, but those are serious problems that can hurt us against a team that actually has talent, like we will see in the playoffs.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2310500 said:
How many points did the Bengals score when they started on their own half of the field?

How many of their scoring drives went more than 25 yards?

The point is, they shouldn't have been in scoring position in the first place. Special teams and a costly turnover gave them that chance. If we play disciplined football then they don't even sniff within 21 points of us.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2310555 said:
The point is, they shouldn't have been in scoring position in the first place. Special teams and a costly turnover gave them that chance. If we play disciplined football then they don't even sniff within 21 points of us.

You're correct, which is why it's a stretch to blame the defense for allowing 22 points. The defense had one bad drive, plus maybe one bad play on the other TD. Other than that, they stopped the Bengals from moving the ball very far every single time they had it. But when they're starting in our territory over and over and over, they don't have to do much to kick a field goal.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
A win is a win, against an 0-5 team, who almost beat us lifeless team.

mmohican29

Reaction score
"It's the journey". We sucked today. We won today. We are now only 7 wins away from a probable playoff birth with 11 to go. At that point, we will need to be playing our absolute best football. Until then- I will ***** and moan like everyone else but find myself content to get the W.